• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Not that I wanted to buy one but 980Tis are ~750€ in Germany right now. Nice markup.

Starting at 849€ in Finland. A lot of people have already said they are going to order from Germany because of the cheaper pricing. Regardless, shouldn't dream about USD prices in Europe.

Milamber

Starting at 849€ in Finland. A lot of people have already said they are going to order from Germany because of the cheaper pricing. Regardless, shouldn't dream about USD prices in Europe.

nvidia card pricing and lego brick pricing in international markets go hand in hand.

wilflare

Originally, PS4 didn't really matter to me. Then it got Bloodborne and everything changed. That Uncharted 4 gameplay looked pretty nice as well, especially since I currently have no information on getting Rise of the Tomb Raider on a platform I own.

So now you're on the opposite of me, we agree about PS4 no more. :p

you break my heart frost :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Originally, PS4 didn't really matter to me. Then it got Bloodborne and everything changed. That Uncharted 4 gameplay looked pretty nice as well, especially since I currently have no information on getting Rise of the Tomb Raider on a platform I own.

So now you're on the opposite of me, we agree about PS4 no more. :p

I'm loving my PS4 - it's probably my favorite console since the SNES.

Teggy

Urgh, Witcher 2 is crashing every time I hit a particular cutscene near the beginning of Act 1. Anyone know a good way of diagnosing that?

Turfster

Urgh, Witcher 2 is crashing every time I hit a particular cutscene near the beginning of Act 1. Anyone know a good way of diagnosing that?

My memory gives me a hazy "set graphics to low for that scene", but ymmv.
It's been... many years, after all.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Seems quite the claim considering the time it's been out and the current library.

Yeah, I'd be interested in hearing the reasons, too.

I took a look at the Top 25 highest rated PS4 games and, removing any games available on the PC, there is nothing compelling outside of Bloodborne.

derExperte

PS4 is my favorite console since the PS3. If the Driveclub season pass goes on sale I might even turn it on again before Uncharted 4 comes out.

Could also happen for Until Dawn and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture but the latest videos for both didn't blow my socks off.

I took a look at the Top 25 highest rated PS4 games and, removing any games available on the PC, there is nothing compelling outside of Bloodborne.

Driveclub, Resogun and Peggle 2, son. DC deservedly got low scores because it was barebones and partially broken but they patched it up a lot. The weekly 'DC is best racer ever' threads in Gaming are overselling it of course to the point where it gets embarassing but if someone likes arcadey racer that's a must-play.

Turfster

Who would have thought that Lego Minecraft being announced and released would completely overshadow the XCOM 2 announcement.

I'm sold.

The LEGO minecraft announcement is being overshadowed by Megan Fox (no, not that one)'s LEGO Universe dongs story =p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
in case anyone missed it at the very bottom of the last page

Why Early Access?
“LEGO Worlds will be a fully open-world, creativity-driven game so we want to ensure that we provide it with the utmost care and attention as we expand on our ideas. So much of this game will be about building and sharing and by sharing our plans with the community, we hope to incorporate their feedback and build an experience together that fans of LEGO and this genre of video games can enjoy.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“The current plan for LEGO Worlds is to be in Early Access through 2015 at which point we hope to have our full list of features in place. We’ll evaluate a release candidate in early 2016, but we won’t consider the game complete and ready for release until we believe our community feels we have delivered a great game.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“We plan to add the following features through a series of regular updates:

• Like/Dislike system for tailoring World Generation
  • Procedurally Generated Underground Cave Networks
  • LEGO ID integration to allow for sharing and uploading of in-game builds
  • Additional Biomes
  • Painting Themes
  • Pre-Generated Towns/Villages/Settlements relevant to the Biome
  • Updated AI Behaviors to provide organic feeling to free-roaming creatures and characters
  • Red Brick Extras
  • Full liquid behaviors
  • Additional Minifigure Characters and Creatures
  • Additional Vehicles and Pre-Built Models
  • Additional Weapons
  • Cut/Copy/Paste chunks of landscape
  • Underwater Gameplay (including Vehicles, Creatures and additional sea life)
  • Character Customizer
  • Online Multiplayer”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The Early Access build currently features:

• Procedurally Generated Worlds
  • Terrforming and Building tools
  • Discoveries and Unlocks
  • Rideable Creatures and Vehicles
  • Day/Night Cycle”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Yes, the game will be available at a reduced price during Early Access”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We’ll be actively monitoring the Community Hub here on STEAM and look forward to feedback and suggestions for the game. We'll also be offering people a chance to experience the Development of a LEGO title for the first time, and several members of the team will be providing some interesting dev diaries over the coming months.”

interesting

Teggy

My memory gives me a hazy "set graphics to low for that scene", but ymmv.
It's been... many years, after all.

Well I found a forum post with a guy having the exact same problem. Unfortunately it was several years old an no one answered him. :p

Dr Dogg

That's a funny way to spell WiiU :p

I look at the latest consoles and... well I see this.
9YzmSkU.png
So port, port, new title, multiplat, port, port, port, port, port, port, multiplat, port, port, port, port, port, multiplat, multiplat, port, port, new title, new title, multiplat, multiplat, port.

That's 3 original titles, 6 multiplats available on PC and a staggering 16 ports/remasters/whateverthefuckthekidsarecallingthems out of the top 25 titles on Metacritic. Now I'm not a fan of that site or it's methodology but that's pretty hard to ignore that for someone like me who would want new experiences, the PS4 sadly isn't it right now. The XO looks a little rosier but nothing to get excited about.

morningbus

PS4 is my favorite console since the PS3.

For some reason this reminds me of the advertising for a movie called Secondhand Lions. The commercials said it was the best family film since Finding Nemo.

Finding Nemo's release date: May 30th, 2003.

Secondhand Lions: September 19th, 2003.

Driveclub, Resogun and Peggle 2, son. DC deservedly got low scores because it was barebones and partially broken but they patched it up a lot. The weekly 'DC is best racer ever' threads in Gaming are overselling it of course to the point where it gets embarassing but if someone likes arcadey racer that's a must-play.

Sorry, I have mentally blocked the racing game you are talking about after the number of threads we have dedicated towards it.

Not being able to say the words has really affected my day to day life, but it is for the best.

Dr Dogg

For some reason this reminds me of the advertising for a movie called Secondhand Lions. The commercials said it was the best family film since Finding Nemo.

UK film critic Paul Ross (the lesser known older brother of Jonathan Ross) had loads of poster quotes 'Best Film this year' which he'd pretty much apply to the next film he'd seen. Oddly his fine critique hasn't been seen as of the New of the World getting shut down (well that and after a bizarre incident on TV where he had an on air prostate examination).

UK Film critic Paul Ross (the lesser known older brother of Jonathan Ross) had loads of poster quotes 'Best Film this year' which he'd pretty much apply to the next film he'd seen. Oddly his fine critique hasn't been seen as of the New of the World getting shut down (well that and after a bizarre incident on TV where he had an on air prostate examination).
To be fair, Secondhand Lions was a good family film
and better than Finding Nemo - yep, I said it!

Edit: Just noticed the dates, which makes the "best since" comment come across as idiotic.

Anteater

fahrenheit is giving a bunch of errors but playable if I could somehow alt tab to close down that error box, gedosato downsampling works too, but still a pain in the ass (the game still gives me those errors even if I disable gedosato, dsr, steam overlay, RTSS, removing its ini and whatever-the-fuck-they're-blaming-it-on).

yuraya

So port, port, new title, multiplat, port, port, port, port, port, port, multiplat, port, port, port, port, port, multiplat, multiplat, port, port, new title, new title, multiplat, multiplat, port.

Yea that looks really bad. Bloodborne seems to be the only reason to buy a ps4. Sony needs to step up and release more exclusives. Still can't believe there is no new gran turismo or god of war.

Yea that looks really bad. Bloodborne seems to be the only reason to buy a ps4. Sony needs to step up and release more exclusives. Still can't believe there is no new gran turismo or god of war.
I'd like to get TLoU remaster if someone raffles off a PS4 here.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seems quite the claim considering the time it's been out and the current library.

I don't consider games with terrible DRM like Uplay or Origin to even have PC releases. So the PS4's library of games I wouldn't normally play on my PC also includes most of Ubisoft and EA's offerings - Assasin's Creed, Trials Fusion, Dragon Age, etc. Additionally things like Bloodbourne, Final Fantasy Type-0 (which is now apparently coming to PC so eh), Final Fantasy X / X-2 (which I just beat X again yesterday on the PS4), Knack (which I actually enjoyed), and The Last of Us. There are some good games in the pipe that I'm really looking forward to such as Dragon Quest Heroes, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Uncharted, and Until Dawn.

Of course it's all a matter of preference. My only real gripe is that it can't play PS1 classics nor PS3 games but that's why I bought a PS3. I like the interface more on the PS4 than the PS3 and it's much more responsive. I made the comment about it being the best since the SNES because for my tastes there isn't any console since the SNES with a higher number of games I'm actually interested in besides what's on offer for the PC.

morningbus

UK film critic Paul Ross (the lesser known older brother of Jonathan Ross) had loads of poster quotes 'Best Film this year' which he'd pretty much apply to the next film he'd seen. Oddly his fine critique hasn't been seen as of the New of the World getting shut down (well that and after a bizarre incident on TV where he had an on air prostate examination).

To be fair, Secondhand Lions was a good family film
and better than Finding Nemo - yep, I said it!

Edit: Just noticed the dates, which makes the "best since" comment come across as idiotic.

Yeah, exactly. I understand how reductive advertising needs to be and how you can get lunatics to call anything the best thing of all time.

It was the fact that they said "since Finding Nemo" that struck me as funny. I'd even accept the opinion that it is better than Finding Nemo, but they weren't even saying that.

It's amazing how low they set the bar for themselves, really.

Finished Mind Path to Thalamus, such a nice little game, beautiful graphics and good puzzles, only low was the plot which was kinda bad.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

shouldn't it be more like:

indie port, remaster, new title, multiplat, indie port, remaster, remaster, port, remaster, indie port, multiplat, port, remaster, indie port, remaster, indie port, multiplat, multiplat, remaster, remaster, new title, new title, multiplat, multiplat, remaster?
;)

(not going by the metacritic list, obviously ... just in general)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Bundle extras here.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kraven Manor -- MB-005AEA1FFC5DB91B - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-EB097E72EE41220E - Taken by Li Kao. 1 entrants total.
Guns n Zombies -- MB-465FFD8F3EFD6C39 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-BE329870668DAE84 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
The Moon Sliver -- MB-9DB7054F77E0038A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Montague's Mount -- MB-E7536F8EB32C639F - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.

t1433178255z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Be prepared for some ModBot issues today; site maintenance tends to do wonky things and my availability will be limited during the day to diagnose when the site comes back up. This affects the modding side of ModBot too, so I guess you're safe from SkyNet for now.

Backlogger

Be prepared for some ModBot issues today; site maintenance tends to do wonky things and my availability will be limited during the day to diagnose when the site comes back up. This affects the modding side of ModBot too, so I guess you're safe from SkyNet for now.

TyWBJkP.gif

Dr Dogg

shouldn't it be more like:

indie port, remaster, new title, multiplat, indie port, remaster, remaster, port, remaster, indie port, multiplat, port, remaster, indie port, remaster, indie port, multiplat, multiplat, remaster, remaster, new title, new title, multiplat, multiplat, remaster?
;)

(not going by the metacritic list, obviously ... just in general)

I ain't got time for the marketing double speak bollocks! I calls thems likes theys is, they're ports end of!!!

Not that the XO or WiiU look much stronger going by the top 25 rated games but the XO and PS4 are much more old experience laden that right now they don't look half as enticing to me as a failed/dead/stupid huge screen controller console which has quite a few new, unique and different experiences and more than anything else console wise.

Hugstable

Banned

This is my exact thoughts on Driveclub. It's a decent game for what it is, but it's still pretty barebones and lacking in terms of customization. I think AI needed work and MP races were horrible bumper car fests, but I still enjoyed the heck out of what I played for the single player content. Just wish I could have had more options to tweak around with cars. Also wish they expanded the car list to more countries than just Europe. Season Pass has been great though. I played through the first 2 DLCs, but I'm kinda just letting it sit now so I can come back in a bit and play through a ton of the new content that I've been sitting on.

I ain't got time for the marketing double speak bollocks! I calls thems likes theys is, they're ports end of!!!

Not that the XO or WiiU look much stronger going by the top 25 rated games but the XO and PS4 are much more old experience laden that right now they don't look half as enticing to me as a failed/dead/stupid huge screen console which has quite a few new, unique and different experiences than anything else.

Hey look on the bright side, if they keep porting stuff this gen, at least next gen they will have to come up with something original as there won't be much to port! Unless they port the ports >_>

morningbus

I don't consider games with terrible DRM like Uplay or Origin to even have PC releases. So the PS4's library of games I wouldn't normally play on my PC also includes most of Ubisoft and EA's offerings - Assasin's Creed, Trials Fusion, Dragon Age, etc. Additionally things like Bloodbourne, Final Fantasy Type-0 (which is now apparently coming to PC so eh), Final Fantasy X / X-2 (which I just beat X again yesterday on the PS4), Knack (which I actually enjoyed), and The Last of Us. There are some good games in the pipe that I'm really looking forward to such as Dragon Quest Heroes, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Uncharted, and Until Dawn.

Of course it's all a matter of preference. My only real gripe is that it can't play PS1 classics nor PS3 games but that's why I bought a PS3. I like the interface more on the PS4 than the PS3 and it's much more responsive. I made the comment about it being the best since the SNES because for my tastes there isn't any console since the SNES with a higher number of games I'm actually interested in besides what's on offer for the PC.

Dang, and I thought I hated Origin. I understand uPlay, because you never know what shit you're going to get, but at least with Origin, it seems like they have similar standards to Steam as far as DRM goes.

Though it doesn't really matter to me, as EA hasn't existed to me for a while now.

I'd still argue that your personal preferences would have you prefer the PS2. More, better, Final Fantasys alone should be enough.

Turfster

Daily X-Com Enemy Unknown 75% off, Enemy Within also discounted when bought together, not when bought separately. Fuck you too, 2K.
Weeklong updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom