• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Hey look on the bright side, if they keep porting stuff this gen, at least next gen they will have to come up with something original as there won't be much to port! Unless they port the ports >_>

Well you could buy Bloodborne now on PS4 or wait until the Restored Edition on PS5 at 1920x1080, shooting for 60fps and not have so much bloody shader aliasing that it feels like your eyes are being gouged out. Same goes for any new title release this gen and if Playstation Now takes off you can forget about backwards compatibility. That along with the trend of remasters, a wealth of end users have shown that they're quite happy to pay for the same titles again and again and again and again why on earth would you bother spend money on functionality when you could divert that to recoup even more.

Says me who's the first muppet to buy any late port that turns up on Steam. I even bought Sleepy Dawgs Deffo Edition knowing full well what the score was and that the gains over the initial, perfectly serviceable PC version were marginal at best. Still waiting for the day Lighting Returns goes up to purchase despite owning it on PS3 :(

Quick impressions from LEGO Worlds early access: You can randomly generate a bunch of different worlds to try out. I only took a quick tour of two of them. There are a lot of unlock-able bits and bobs (i.e.- lego characters, props, ride-able animals, vehicles, etc). I hopped in a digging machine and tunneled my way straight though a mountain side. I saw a mini sub fall out of the sky right in front of me, which was a little odd as I was nowhere near the water at that time. The terrain forming/deforming and creating tools seem fairly robust even at this early stage from my initial impressions. I suppose that could change as I spend more time with them. Overall I quite like what I saw and 15 bucks seems a fair price. It looks as though the game will increase in price after release though I do not know if they will incrementally increase the price as more features are added. It would be great if they could add local co op at some point though I don't see it in the early access road map. I know for sure though that my sons are going to really like it.

Since there will be a PC coneference at E3 this year, will Valve broadcast the live conference on Steam sicne they will be surely part of it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Price mistake: the devs of Silent Age opted into this week's round of week-longs and the discount has compounded for a total of 70% off.

fantomena

I have no idea why some PC gamers can't stop with this "port, remasters, port" stuff. It'ss almost like they are jealous and need to find an excuse.

Yes, the consoles does have ports and remasters, but why give a shit about it?

"Why can't Steam games be gifted internationally from Russia any longer?" is much the same question.

I can buy everything on Nuuvem except for batman, that's why I quiestioned it.

JaseC

I can buy everything on Nuuvem except for batman, that's why I quiestioned it.

My point was that it's not exactly hard to deduce why WB had a change of heart considering people having been buying Arkham Knight on the cheap for weeks now.

The new Carpe Fulgur game is now out, 10% launch discount
header.jpg

This Starry Midnight We Make
It looks super weird, but maybe someone is curious enough to try it. And it has a demo!

Hugstable

Banned
Daily X-Com Enemy Unknown 75% off, Enemy Within also discounted when bought together, not when bought separately. Fuck you too, 2K.
Weeklong updated

lol what the heck why not just sell them separately at discount for Enemy Within. I might as well just get the complete pack since I already got Enemy Unknown. I'm guessing it just replaces the current version of the game I got or do I get an extra Enemy Unknown?

Backlogger

Price mistake: the devs of Silent Age opted into this week's round of week-longs and the discount has compounded for a total of 70% off.

I think I got it for a buck on mobile, maybe even free. I can wait for a cheaper price than this even if it is a mistake.
It's not like I will play it any time soon

Besides, why buy this with LEGO Worlds out?

JaseC

well that's gonna piss off A LOT of people

Yeah, but to be fair, Valve's supposed to prevent discounts from compounding. Short of informing Valve of the mistake, there's nothing the devs can do.

Hmm can I refund one of my recent purchases, get steam credit instantly and buy another copy again?

Only if it's a pre-order.

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bloop -- MB-885E326F4378926D - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ -- MB-3C9A211B0C494A2F
Gunspell - Steam Edition -- MB-6AD09E0AD4E4FC26 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Pressured -- MB-BD8A3149FC9A347B
Z -- MB-2F1AEAAB0D1EC80F - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
Bedlam -- MB-0D662E77C67F454D - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.
DarkEnd -- MB-757AE6752B949FC0 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Inside The Gear -- MB-AB4C1B25B61C3772 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
BoxesWithGuns -- MB-B76492C878E6F9E3
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-41D0962F8235D77F

t1433180115z1.png

ezgif-3557000889zipli.gif

Got this bundle mainly for Bedlam but since it was happy hour I got another Bedlam! Enjoy.

Kiru

The developer requested Valve to set a regionlock in those countries where Valve thought it would be necessary which is at least not the case for Germany. If the developers wouldn't requested this there wouldn't be a regionlock for Germany and Australia.
6439e20977z.png

Developers/Publishers really don't get german law.

GaussTek

Hey guys, I was planning to get Indigo Prophecy from Nuuvem, but I heard that people didn't get their keys over the weekend, so I decided to wait.

So, has anyone got it already? It is safe to buy now? :p

Parsnip

I have no idea why some PC gamers can't stop with this "port, remasters, port" stuff. It'ss almost like they are jealous and need to find an excuse.

Jealous, sure, uh huh. Outside of those ports and remasters, the library is too small to justify a console purchase. There's literally one game out right now PS4 that I would be interested in, and zero games on Xbone.

Rather spend that money on new gpu and play all my pc games, thanks.

Shantom

Hey guys, I was planning to get Indigo Prophecy from Nuuvem, but I heard that people didn't get their keys over the weekend, so I decided to wait.

So, has anyone got it already? It is safe to buy now? :p

The keys went out earlier today, everyone should have one now.

JaseC

What if it is a gift?

Unused gifts aren't refundable, despite the language of the auto-refund feature categorically stating otherwise:

You may only refund purchased items which have not yet been released, gifted, or traded away. All refunds will be applied to your wallet balance.

I informed Valve of this but obviously it fell on blind eyes.

Dr Dogg

Since there will be a PC coneference at E3 this year, will Valve broadcast the live conference on Steam sicne they will be surely part of it?

They're not part of it, it's more AMD's thing using the guise of PC Gamer to present it. Though I wouldn't be too surprised if they're have streaming links up as they have done thing in the past like the VGA's/The Game Awards.

What on earth are you waffling on about? I couldn't give a monkeys about ports, remasters, rehashed titles and that's exactly my point they're not attractive. That's hardly the actions of someone furious with envy or looking for an excuse. In fact I struggle to see anyone in this thread, christ even the vast majority GAF feel hard done by because a couple of consoles are getting the same shit released for them over and over again, some are quite receptive, others are tired but there's really no one jealous.

Shadownet

Banned
Trying to reserve my copy of Windows 10. But I don't see the little icon on the lower right of my taskbar like I'm supposed to..

Valve updated the Steam Controller page

- Dual trackpads
- HD haptics
- Analog stick
- Dual-stage triggers, each with 10° of travel, a magnetic flux sensor, and a tactile switch
- Gyroscope and accelerometer sensors enabling tilt-to-steer racing wheel functionality and other motion-controlled input
- Configurable controls
- Local multiplayer capability, as supported by games
- Wired or wireless (dual mode)
- USB 2.0 via Micro USB port (cable not included)
- Estimated 5 meters of wireless communications range. Actual results may vary.
- Provides up to 80 hours of standard game play using the included AA batteries during preliminary testing. Battery life will vary based on usage and other factors, such as type of batteries used. Actual results may vary.

In-box

Steam Controller
2 AA batteries
USB wireless pairing dongle

Requirements

A Steam Machine or other computer capable of running Steam Big Picture Mode, in order to view, edit, save, and share Steam Controller mappings.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/

Hektor

Trying to reserve my copy of Windows 10. But I don't see the little icon on the lower right of my taskbar like I'm supposed to..

What does 'reserving' mean in this context? I thought everyone is getting the upgrade for free within the first year, why would you have to reserve one?

fantomena

They're not part of it, it's more AMD's thing using the guise of PC Gamer to present it. Though I wouldn't be too surprised if they're have streaming links up as they have done thing in the past like the VGA's/The Game Awards.

What on earth are you waffling on about? I couldn't give a monkeys about ports, remasters, rehashed titles and that's exactly my point they're not attractive. That's hardly the actions of someone furious with envy or looking for an excuse. In fact I struggle to see anyone in this thread, christ even the vast majority GAF feel hard done by because a couple of consoles are getting the same shit released for them over and over again, some are quite receptive, others are tired but there's really no one jealous.

Jealous, sure, uh huh. Outside of those ports and remasters, the library is too small to justify a console purchase. There's literally one game out right now PS4 that I would be interested in, and zero games on Xbone.

Rather spend that money on new gpu and play all my pc games, thanks.

Im talking about PC gamers who always only talk about the consoles only having ports and remasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom