• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

i would just like to say that iashman is my favourite poster, and his winks turn me on <3

BblrLgu.png

im gonna make a killing this sale
getting $200 worth of steam cards for birthday
should be able to clean out my wishlist
edit: wait what?!
TYPE 0 is coming to PC?!
lol thats one less PS4 game for Christmas then

ArjanN

Didn't see this posted yet:

Super Win the Game (the sequel to the free You Have To Win The Game) just got a free update:

There's now a minimap and a regular map with hints to the collectables, which is a pretty neat addition.

It also added speedrun courses. (go to the town to the east of where you start)

The game is also discounted now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm surprised you didn't take issue with the phrasing morningbus used. Especially since I know how much you love FF6. More, sure. Better? Laughably untrue. PS2 was the home of a lot of the worst FF games to ever be created. SNES had 3 and 2 of them rank toward the top of the all time greats list. The third one was arguably more fun than X, X-2, and XII.

Yeah I thought about that too - although to be fair all PS2 consoles were backwards compatible and could play PS1 games so it did have access to some of the best games in the series just through that feature alone.

Either way the argument is a bit moot since I'm obviously crazy enough to own all of them on every platform they'll release them on save Microsoft Xbox stuff. I'm crazy but not that crazy.

Didn't see this posted yet:

Super Win the Game (the sequel to the free You Have To Win The Game) just got a free update:

Thanks for the heads up - I might have to replay this soon. Really great game.

Mivey

I seriously wonder what the ratio between port-begging to any other kind of post is on the XCOM2 thread.
Is there an easy way to get all posts of a thread in an xml file, that you can run a script over?

yuraya

I seriously wonder what the ratio between port-begging to any other kind of post is on the XCOM2 thread.
Is there an easy way to get all posts of a thread in an xml file, that you can run a script over?

That thread was derailed like after 5 posts. No way its possible to have meaningful discussion about the game in it.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Battlepaths -- MB-858FBF482AA34826 - Taken by texhnolyze
Scourge Outbreak -- MB-A4A794CDE594C612 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN

Ruruja

You can get Arkham Knight for £19.99 on Funstock Digital with an e-mail code, just how low priced is this game going to get before it's even released?

pahamrick

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings (GOG) -- MB-55BA3229D017E969 - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher (GOG) -- MB-D8FB2CB590E60C6C - Taken by hohoXD123. 2 entrants total.
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-928F738D2518D75B - Taken by gurm3n. 6 entrants total.
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War GOTY -- MB-68926BD1104AB6EA - Taken by TheMadMan007. 3 entrants total.
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II -- MB-92373882D9C3740D - Taken by gurm3n. 7 entrants total.

t1433202135z1.png

Stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
so hatred is #2 on top sellers with mostly positive recommendations on steam, interesting

tho some of the reviews leave something to be desired

I CAN TASTE THOSE SJW TEARS ALREADY

SO DELICIOUS

NOMNOMNOMNSLURP

question is, will saoirse buy it

does saoirse have any morals

Phawx

In my opinion, Hatred isn't offensive. They did a good job evaluating the current climate and got great PR for a fairly okayish twin stick shooter.

So well done on bending gaming press to blast your game out there.

MUnited83

For you.
so hatred is #2 on top sellers with mostly positive recommendations on steam, interesting

saoirse bought duck dinasty, so no, no morals :p

Shadownet

Banned
I switched ISPs back in October. My pings, while not always perfect, are much more consistent than before. I'm going to wait another three months before I hop back on that horse, though, as I'll be waving goodbye to ~6Mbps ADSL and rolling out the red carpet for 100Mbps fibre.
Can't wait. I think a lot of people is going to ask you to play with them.

Wait. See, I recently indeed ignored your posts because those smileys started to make my eyes twitch. But if you turn that down I will start reading them again, stop calling you ishaman and stop making fun of you for buying more games than JaseC. While the last part totally is a lie we can fix this, come back!
lashman if you read this. I totally agree with what derExperte said. Stop with the winking and everything will be fine.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw watching the jim sterling lets play thing it seems like hatred reserved one of its few very deeply meaningful splashes of color to our beloved chromatic aberration

Salsa

don't check my PC for like 2 days and now Hatred is back on Steam AND a top seller?

edit: well this was timely

In my opinion, Hatred isn't offensive. They did a good job evaluating the current climate and got great PR for a fairly okayish twin stick shooter.

So well done on bending gaming press to blast your game out there.

I don't think sharing neo-Nazi-affiliated news articles on social media and then letting a group of Gamergate reactionaries carry it like a torch to some free speech pyre is really deserving of a pat on the back or a "good on ya" even if it equated to sales in the end.

But call me old fashioned. ;)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

After watching Jim Sterling's video, Hatred seems kind of...bland. The concept of being a mass murderer has the potential to be pretty offensive, but the game itself doesn't seem to be as controversial as it was supposed to be. Plus the character just seems so over the top in terms of edginess that it devalues any shock value that game has.

It kind of feels like Shadow the Hedgehog meets Hotline Miami. As in, it looks very much like an "ow the edge" kind of game.

Corpekata

Banned
After watching Jim Sterling's video, Hatred seems kind of...bland. The concept of being a mass murderer has the potential to be pretty offensive, but the game itself doesn't seem to be as controversial as it was supposed to be. Plus the character just seems so over the top in terms of edginess that it devalues any shock value that game has.

It kind of feels like Shadow the Hedgehog meets Hotline Miami. As in, it looks very much like an "ow the edge" kind of game.

This is why I was baffled at all the people that expressed interest in it. Like, I have to believe 90 percent of them were just buying into the corny as shit rebellious "they don't want me to have the game!" shtick because the gameplay from day one looked like an incredibly generic game.

Basically, if you like Hatred you probably shop at Hot Topic or like really shitty games.

zkylon

zkylewd
also i still think xcom2 pc exclusive makes no sense and no way is gonna be like that

didn't xcom1 sell awesome on consoles?

saoirse bought duck dinasty, so no, no morals :p
yeah i guess it was rhetorical :p

looking at it, it gave me the impression that if someone made a movie out of that concept and those visuals it might actually get a completely different reception, like a very disturbing pov of that kind of fucked up character. not necessarily a good movie or one with any sort of merit, but at least one that would probably spark some sort of interest

as a game tho, it just looks like a thing that doesn't really have a point. it's not really offensive, there's much darker violence and torture in many other games that don't have this coating of ridiculousness with the guy doing his batman voice and saying "SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I KILL THEM TOO FAST" or other dumb shit like that

it's not funny either, it could at least try to be a parody like postal (i think postal really fails at this but w/e), or something.

it's just nothing, money and time wasted into making nothing

Who will be the first of those on my friends list to buy it?
i have a couple already :>

Personally I don't think Hatred would have been banned from discussion if it wasn't for the facebook thingy.

can u pm me this? i don't know what it is and i'm curious

ty

zkylon

zkylewd
Any FOX news segment about games teaching kids to become terrorists yet?

i mean, there's nothing i've seen in hatred that you can't do in gta, the only difference is in the tone of the whole thing and that it's kind of a garbage game

there's really very little to talk about hatred because of how low it aims

Dr Dogg

I kind of regret not doing a recommendation for D4 now. It's like a bonkers mashup up of No More Heroes and Deadly Premonition. Friday can't come soon enough but then again I've gone through the demo 5 or more times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom