• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gwbw_steambanner_def.png

Ooh, thanks Vazduh. Didn't click that more info tab. xD

derExperte

I really don't get what some devs are thinking. If you're a small time game and you get featured on the front page, wouldnt it make more sense to do a deeper discount so you get a ton of sales? Like who is going to be jumping on Sunless Sea at 40% off for 12 bucks

Sunless Sea is the lowest it's been afaik and imo it makes sense that indies of high quality are keeping prices up for as long as possible.

Arthea

have you guys seen how nicely is Borderlands franchise discounted? Blandlands 2 has no dlcs discounted to talk about seifer_laugh.gif

MUnited83

For you.
I really don't get what some devs are thinking. If you're a small time game and you get featured on the front page, wouldnt it make more sense to do a deeper discount so you get a ton of sales? Like who is going to be jumping on Sunless Sea at 40% off for 12 bucks

It's on the front page of the summer sale. There will be A LOT of people jumping on it, believe me. Makes perfect sense to not discount it too deeply.

Nabs

I'd usually agree but Sunless has a good amount of hype behind it.

CS:GO is a fake ass daily, it's the normal sale price

valve is just wasting a slot

fuckers

They did it with Portal 2 yesterday.

MUnited83

For you.
The Rocksmith DLC isn't discounted at all this time around. Good lord, Ubi.

Incorrect! Only a few songs from 2014 aren't. Most 2014 dlc and all Rocksmith 1 dlcs are on sale at 40%off(which is pretty shitty)

Goddamit Ubisoft :(. Just put those damn things on sale for 75%off and I will buy EVERY SINGLE ONE.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
That one's tempting me as well.

I would say go for it. All of my problems with the game sat with the overbearing RNG causing you to have to redo an hour of progress, which was an issue with the original version of the game. A month or so after release, they put out a patch that tweaked difficulties and added new ones entirely to let you pick one aimed more towards the experience you wanted.

Did you want more story? Have less RNG and puzzle. Rather focus on the puzzles being puzzles? Keep the puzzles but drop some RNG elements so it's more forgiving and pressing on skill rather than luck. Want to get fucked horribly like the devs originally intended? Those OG difficulties are still in!

I need to load up and check out the Last Chapter DLC.

ArjanN

Thinking of getting Gods Will Be Watching. I heard a patch helped the game out tremendously recently.

I loved it.

It got a update after release that added easier difficulty modes, but honestly I'd still recommend playing at the original difficulty. People cried about RNG, but the RNG factor can pretty much be entirely counteracted by smart play. Thematically the game being hard also works better with the story.

Oh, and it also got a free epilogue DLC chapter recently.

xBladeM6x

Unless it's been resolved, the publishers get all the money. They fucked the devs over
Damn, that's shitty.
Why? It's been 66% off many times, 50% is a joke for a daily.

Also as somebody said, it's cheaper here: https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/263280
I think you can get a better deal here:

https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/263280
Oh, awesome. Thanks! I've only been tempted because it's been on my wishlist for almost a year now, and I've been looking for a chance to get it somewhat cheap. Lol

Eternia

Many GAFers have told me it isn't all that good.
I really liked Dreamfall Chapters. Seemed to correct a lot of issues I had with Dreamfall: TLJ while sticking to the direction they were heading in with that game. More modern controls/visuals, much improved interaction with objects, and far fewer instant fail states (thus far).

Shade

The Rocksmith DLC isn't discounted at all this time around. Good lord, Ubi.

They finally updated it to 40% off the DLC on 2014. Disappointed the original RS DLC is only 40% off as well. It was 50% last winter sale. And I could of swore the Rocksmith 2014 Disc Import Tool was 25% off at the beginning of the sale.

Annubis

Nothing for today too I guess.
At least I'm pretty sure DB:Xenoverse will be a daily at some point.

Speaking of DB:Xeno, Vegeta's got quite the 'cannon'

ss_0dede068cdbe46fc9dc2fb7b21a2aef230e7a48d.600x338.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom