• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinexus

The only game I wanted from the monster game sales didn't even change from the deal it has had since the start of the summer sale.

Turfster

Daily
  • Watch_Dogs 66% off
  • Borderlands Franchise 67-80% off
  • Football Manager 2015 66% off
  • Castle Crashers 90% off
  • 7 Days to Die 60% off
  • Cities Skyline 33% off
  • CS:GO 50% off
  • Prison Architect 85% off
  • Spintires 50% off
  • The Evil Within 75% off
  • Wolf Among Us 75% off
  • Chivalry 90% off
  • Age of Mythology 75% off
  • Sunless sea 40% off
  • Shadow of Mordor 50% off
12 hour deals
  • Construction Simulator 40% off
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 platinum 75% off
  • Broforce 33% off
  • Tomb Raider Franchise 50-80% off
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 78% off
  • Stronghold Crusader II 66% off
  • Sherlock Holmes Franchise 10-80% off
  • Trine 3 25% off
  • Rising World 15% off
  • Deadlight 80% off
  • Dreamfall Chapters 50% off
  • Lethal League 66% off
  • Caribbean! 40% off
  • Besiege 15% off
  • Rocksmith 2014 55% off
  • rock of ages 90% off
  • little inferno 75% off
  • front office football seven 30% off
  • pixel heroes 75% off
  • eden 60% off
  • gods will be watching 75% off
  • memoria 80% off
  • forced 85% off
  • small world 2 80% off

Added the straggler, Mordor.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

All I got is 55 cents so I guess I'll have to pass.

1b0b87d43b.jpg

First XCOM and now Borderlands Pre-Sequel. Editions of full games plus DLC are cheaper than the DLC on its own. What a joke. Are 2K really just encouraging people to wait in the future by constantly punishing earlier buyers?

What else is included in the Collector's Edition of Gods Will Be Watching? I don't see anything in the description. Is it worth the extra $2.50?

I can't remember if Dusk liked the evil within dlc or not. Kinda tempted.

Edit - found them:

Personally, I'd go with 8/10, as someone who liked the main game well enough (not flawless, but I found it enjoyable, some stretches of the game more than others) and appreciated the sheer variety of scenarios and ideas on display through the game's course.

The DLC, if you can believe it, go in very different directions of the main game, but still retain feeling like Evil Within. I guess if its worth it depends on how appealing the three pieces sound to you.

The first two are a mainly stealth-based campaign following Kidman, featuring some new enemies and mechanics away from the main game, but almost no gunplay, including new areas and some revisited locations. Has some good atmosphere, a bit jankier than the main game (hard to describe but not as tightly designed), but also I would say a really good (but a bit easy) horror boss fight that ends off the second DLC. Actually, I'd say the best part of both the DLCs are the boss 'fights'.

Then the third DLC is basically a first-person Evil Within arcade game where you play as The Keeper, which basically amounts to a boss rush against seven different bosses (and a hidden eighth boss) and some hub exploration/optional arena fights. The combat was satisfying, but not too difficult (with the exception of the hidden eight boss and the new game+ dungeon), but the bosses were varied and fun, and the files were a bit interesting to read as it goes more into the scene post-ending of the main game and gives a bit more personality to a number of the boss monsters in the main game.

I enjoyed all three for what they were, if yo want more of The Evil Within this isn't exactly it... It's more experimental and focusing in different areas than the main game focused, but I found them to be enjoyable different takes on the universe in the game.

The first two DLCs are about 2-3 hours long each the first time. the last DLC is about an hour long with additional time if you do the New Game+ stuff. There's also some cool Easter Eggs I know in the first and second DLC, and wouldn't surprise me if there were some hidden we haven't found yet in the third DLC.

Some people really didn't like the Kidman DLC with its focus on stealth and almost no combat, so I bet some people's ratings will be lower. Those two are in the love it/hate it territory where you may love it, may hate it, sort of like the main game but in a different way. Strangely I think the Keeper DLC is being received more positively, it's not really what I or anyone else was expecting, but it's fun.

Bottom-line: It goes in a different direction than the main game, and its experimentation with different directions you may either find appealing or not. If a 3.5-7 hour long stealth campaign with some cool creepy moments split into a two part campaign, and a 1-hour with additional new game+ content first-person arcade version of Evil Within sounds fun to you, then I'd say go for it. I found it enjoyable, not what I expected in either case, but I'm open-minded and found all three DLCs worth playing and fun, but enjoyed them for different reasons than I enjoyed the main game. But all the DLC together is around 6-10 hours of content, and a lot of it surprisingly doesn't feel recycled, there's a lot of new stuff, monsters, mechanics, and twists even to some re-used stuff, and I found it enjoyable, so I'd say worth it personally speaking, if the stealth campaign/first-person arcade sounds appealing and something you'd find fun.

derExperte

Maybe only in my region but apparently they decreased the base price of Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, it's now cheaper than during the sale a few weeks ago.

KingKong

I really don't get what some devs are thinking. If you're a small time game and you get featured on the front page, wouldnt it make more sense to do a deeper discount so you get a ton of sales? Like who is going to be jumping on Sunless Sea at 40% off for 12 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom