• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

Hey guys, do you have any rules for gemifying cards over selling? What's the over/under?

should I look for an equal 1 gem = 1 cent as the breakpoint?

titch

Knew i should have bought gods will be watching at 75% a few weeks ago.

The percentages keep changing.

Caught me out too!!! :)

Gods will be Watching

or Pixel Heroes

or both?

Buy-It-All-button.jpg

Arthea

I can't decide on Gods Will Be Watching, because I remember steamgaf impressions being from lukewarm to no good. It is no fun, isn't it?

edited: btw I already have Forced too, provided by Titch the Nice, so I don't need it anymore.

Arthea

Hey guys, do you have any rules for gemifying cards over selling? What's the over/under?

should I look for an equal 1 gem = 1 cent as the breakpoint?

never ever gemify any cards, totally not worth it, but you can gemify cheap backgrounds and emotes - worth.

Probably fearing that all cheaters will come back with cheap copies.
O
It has more to do with the playerbase than Valve. A lot of people bought the game in bulks when it was cheap to have it for more than one account when they get banned for hacking.

Considering that they just launched Overwatch out of beta and introduced the private rank system to make it harder for smurfs and cheaters, I think they should go lower again.

Portal 2 has also been cheaper before, so I think this ball lands more in Valve's court.

chronomac

Are people having more success today with mini-game cards than yesterday? I've got 1. Tried starting a new game, joining a friends and playing for a while. At level 600 currently.

derExperte

Are people having more success today with mini-game cards than yesterday? I've got 1. Tried starting a new game, joining a friends and playing for a while. At level 600 currently.

No, none, not for joining, not for idling, not for starting a new game, I'm getting nothing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ugh, I need to stop forgetting that continuing the checkout process after topping up your wallet empties your cart.

Incorrect! Only a few songs from 2014 aren't. Most 2014 dlc and all Rocksmith 1 dlcs are on sale at 40%off(which is pretty shitty)

Goddamit Ubisoft :(. Just put those damn things on sale for 75%off and I will buy EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Since it's licensed music, I'm not sure they can really have 75% off on the DLCs. They are probably giving a large amount of money to the rightholders on each track.

inm8num2

I can't decide on Gods Will Be Watching, because I remember steamgaf impressions being from lukewarm to no good. It is no fun, isn't it?

CheesecakeRecipe wrote a nice post about it:

I would say go for it. All of my problems with the game sat with the overbearing RNG causing you to have to redo an hour of progress, which was an issue with the original version of the game. A month or so after release, they put out a patch that tweaked difficulties and added new ones entirely to let you pick one aimed more towards the experience you wanted.

Did you want more story? Have less RNG and puzzle. Rather focus on the puzzles being puzzles? Keep the puzzles but drop some RNG elements so it's more forgiving and pressing on skill rather than luck. Want to get fucked horribly like the devs originally intended? Those OG difficulties are still in!

I need to load up and check out the Last Chapter DLC.

I'm sold on Gods - it's just a matter of adding it to the backlog now or waiting for the inevitable Humble Bundle within a couple months. :p

I loved W3 but it felt I was playing Witcher 5 and somehow I had missed Witchers 3 and 4
Didn't you play the first two games?
I actually managed to get my 3 cards for today. Still missed a card on the first day though.

I think I got my first card when I first joined at the start of the day. The second card I got by switching to a different game (I found someone on my friends list who was at a similar level to where I was), and a third for starting a new game and completing level 10. If you have time, you might try that to see if you get a card drop.
Ok, thanks. Gonna try out your tactic.

Cool, I got one by starting! :D
Just got up. Were there any price mistakes today?
^
No, got it commissioned. There is a guy that does some work on the adventure game jams

You can find him here: http://www.mattfrith.com/
That's some cool pixel-art right there.
Da heck. It's 15€. Not an impulse-buy pricepoint at all.

MUnited83

For you.
Didn't you play the first two games?

Ok, thanks. Gonna try out your tactic.

Cool, I got one by starting! :D

^

That's some cool pixel-art right there.

Da heck. It's 15€. Not an impulse-buy pricepoint at all.
It's Dream fuckin Fall. Yes its a impulse-buy pricepoint. A complete bargain for what is already one of the best adventure games in years and is bound to be even better.

Lain

Nothing. Started a new game, killed the level 10 boss and got nothing. Same for joining the big group. Meh.

Is Valve pulling our leg with CS:GO as daily? By which I mean, it doesn't have a timer and wasn't it 50% off already?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jurassic World was so much better than Avengers 2 and the whole Marvel line-up to be honest. The final act is better than any setpiece in any Marvel film to date.

Marvel is trash. Dinosaurs have returned to free us of their reign of box office terror.

I swear Jawmuncher didn't pay me to write this.

Ozium

Yes, was never available here because EA has the license. And now they're not doing managers anymore.

EA has the license for what?

how does football manager manage to be sold everywhere else on the planet but Germany?

EA has specific german licenses that sega can't work around?

wot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom