• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Wow, card prices are plummeting faster than ever. I guess after the winter sale non-event no one wants to risk stockpiling them.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
there have been a few instances when i crafted a badge and i didnt get a mystery card
U8721VM9p9C2v1o6cKJ4qEnGqnE7IoTQgZI-VTdwyTBeimAcIoxXpgK8bPeslY9pPJIvB5IWW2-452kaM8heLSRgleGBorJJw-94a6Uugen-DVgn7-FHATHnHkbW3zScLOb2lwMxYcYoIE3zw8pKuowBCJ9jVuLblvKASQ

Did you double check your inventory? The first time I crafted a badge, the card didn't show up as part of the "new items in your inventory screen" but showed up in my inventory anyway.

Did you double check your inventory? The first time I crafted a badge, the card didn't show up as part of the "new items in your inventory screen" but showed up in my inventory anyway.

i hope that's what happened to me because i lost track of how many badges i crafted, so i dont know if the number of mystery cards i have matches the number of badges crafted.

Tizoc

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366250/

header.jpg

It's a well made film and I appreciate it having copious amounts of blood, something which too many movies that should have that are afraid of these days (see Robocop). But everything else didn't work, felt like the movie's going through one gore-setpiece after another without anything interesting connecting them. Not sure if the really, reaaally lame cast or the script was the main problem. I never cared for any of them and wasn't expecting a new Bruce Campell, just someone to latch onto. Positive example: Cabin in the Woods. That felt fresh, original and was scary-funny.
Say whaaaAa
Ms1 on steam? Now i just need ms2 and illl have all the ms games ill ever want haha.

TheLight

Spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for TheLight:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheLight, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Speedrunners -- MB-FA014B63D4249F0F - Taken by Sammichu. 8 entrants total.

t1433226736z1.png

Received the wrong game from a giveaway for Alien Zombie Megadeath in the last thread.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Clickr -- MB-5B3A60FD1AF535F8 - Taken by Darth Kupi

Is Steam down for others?

Seems to work for me.

iosefe

Anyone playing that Lego Worlds game? Kind of shocked at how good it looks for the price, can't play it right now because I don't have a graphics card. Thursday and my 980Ti will be here though!

i am very much enjoying it.

i've begun progress on creating the mansion from clue based on the old game board

making each space a 2x2 means it's too small to walk. had to give up mid way through doing the groundwork and i'll try again tomorrow with a 3x3

Lain

I was looking at the Steam page of LEGO Worlds, noticed the supported languages
2qxb.jpg

clicked through
1qxb.jpg

and subsequently cursed.

My fault for expecting anything else.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Stupid ability to build a castle on clouds, which are physical bricks, in LEGO Worlds. Now I have to buy the game.

iosefe

i've begun progress on creating the mansion from clue based on the old game board

making each space a 2x2 means it's too small to walk. had to give up mid way through doing the groundwork and i'll try again tomorrow with a 3x3

Shamelessly quoting myself to bring notice to this because i accidentally quoted the wrong person at first

Anyone playing that Lego Worlds game?

HAY NEOFAP.

Come-at-me-bro-rainbow-dash-31030597-500-310.gif

I am giving away a phat video game! We're going crazy right now!

Fight for it.
Fight for my pleasure!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game That Is Also An RPG -- MB-1C785F3448D097B2 - Taken by iosefe

Derp

Guys I need help with something. I'm on a 4k monitor trying to run Witcher 3 at 1800p. So I've added 3200x1800 as a custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel, but whenever I switch to 1800p there are black bars on all sides. It's isn't stretching to fill the screen, and It's 16:9 so I don't see the problem. I went into the "adjust desktop size and positition" part of the Nvidia control panel to try and adjust the scaling, so I tried setting it to "full screen", it did some weird flickering but nothing happened, "aspect ratio", same thing, "override the scaling mode set by games and programs", same thing. I'm lost. It's impossible isn't it? I thought nothing was impossible :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Companies keep giving DotEmu work.

There wasn't anything wrong with Metal Slug 3's port(?) to my knowledge.

In any case, I wish they'd just put 1-7 up on Steam in a collection instead of releasing them individually, but I guess there's more money to be made per each release. Oh well, Steam sale time for them I guess.
---

I don't think I like the Witcher's combat. Does the Witcher 2 refine it? The whole timing system just seems funky and I'm never sure if I'm actually doing damage at times with the too fast/too slow system of comboing.

At least I got the second sign of Magic so things should become a little easier with me being able to heal at any time now.

didamangi

Guys I need help with something. I'm on a 4k monitor trying to run Witcher 3 at 1800p. So I've added 3200x1800 as a custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel, but whenever I switch to 1800p there are black bars on all sides. It's isn't stretching to fill the screen, and It's 16:9 so I don't see the problem. I went into the "adjust desktop size and positition" part of the Nvidia control panel to try and adjust the scaling, so I tried setting it to "full screen", it did some weird flickering but nothing happened, "aspect ratio", same thing, "override the scaling mode set by games and programs", same thing. I'm lost. It's impossible isn't it? I thought nothing was impossible :(

Did you set Perform scaling on to GPU?

Select a scaling mode: Aspect Ratio
Perform scaling on: GPU
Override the scaling mode: checked

Should work for custom resolution.

TheSeks

I'm dying at this.

"Yeah, Witcher. I'll bonk-a-donk with you in the town farmhouse later tomorrow night for helping me get home tonight. Just don't let anyone know we're going to--Wait, what do you mean the Town Guard that was going to attack the ghost dogs we drew up are near me during this cut scene?"

Teggy

I'm dying at this.

"Yeah, Witcher. I'll bonk-a-donk with you in the town farmhouse later tomorrow night for helping me get home tonight. Just don't let anyone know we're going to--Wait, what do you mean the Town Guard that was going to attack the ghost dogs we drew up are near me during this cut scene?"

My favorite bit in Witcher was starting a coversation with someone in the sewers or swamp, and when the camera switched back to face Geralt, seeing a couple of drowners waiting patiently in line for him to finish.

Dsyndrome

I'm dying at this.

If there's a female in that game (besides the prostitute headmistress) you don't do the happy dance with, I don't remember it.
And those soldiers just wanted to be part of the fun, for some reason.

Khronico

I ended up just wandering around for an hour and a half and IT WAS AMAZING.

I feel like a kid again.

Vibranium

Banned
Huh, Gone Home was a pretty cool game, as someone who loves 90's music and was sadly just a little kid in around the end of that era it was great and made me really want a game fully centred around the music lifestyle and time period. A great story and definitely very sweet. Screw Sam and Katies's mom and dad though, my parents have always been cool about everything and somehow have stuck together through bad times.

I was kinda hoping for some random Rage Against The Machine music to pop up but ah well. Would have been perfect to have a really progressive 90's band for the themes of the story.

Derp

Did you set Perform scaling on to GPU?

Select a scaling mode: Aspect Ratio
Perform scaling on: GPU
Override the scaling mode: checked

Should work for custom resolution.
Still doesn't work. It seems to not like scaling at lower custom resolutions, because it reverts back to "no scaling" if I'm at 1800p and I change the scaling to either aspect ratio or fullscreen. But if I'm at a non-custom resolution and change the scaling to aspect/fullscreen it doesn't revert back, but when I do that and then switch to 1800p and check the settings it's at "no scaling". Still getting the black box around the screen. I've tried googling everything but can't find a solution. No one plays at 1800p on a 4k monitor T_T.

That really really sucks, because at 4k I get 25-30 fps, and 1800p is perfect for 30 fps. So pissed off :(

Edit: Could it be that I'm using DisplayPort and not HDMI? Maybe HDMI will... Somehow make it work? I dunnooooo...

Huh, Gone Home was a pretty cool game, as someone who loves 90's music and was sadly just a little kid in around the end of that era it was great and made me really want a game fully centred around the music lifestyle and time period. A great story and definitely very sweet. Screw Sam and Katies's mom and dad though, my parents have always been cool about everything and somehow have stuck together through bad times.

I was kinda hoping for some random Rage Against The Machine music to pop up but ah well. Would have been perfect to have a really progressive 90's band for the themes of the story.

Got my first gaming-able computer recently and have been looking forward to Gone Home. I thought it would have come to a PlayStation platform by now, but I'm definitely gonna grab it next time it hits a sale :3

TheSeks

If there's a female in that game (besides the prostitute headmistress) you don't do the happy dance with, I don't remember it.
And those soldiers just wanted to be part of the fun, for some reason.

You don't do it with the old ladies peasants. And a few of the Peasants in the outskirts, though one (surprisingly) wanted to boink for giving her flowers. It was like "yo, damn."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom