• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I'm staying up till around 6 am to watch the Bethesda live stream.

(I'm in the CEST - Berlin timezone)

Do we know anything about the length of the Bethesda show?

1 hour, at most 90 mins probably. Sony has usually the longest conferences. My plan is to wake up at 3:30. It starts at 4am, not 6am.

I just woke up.

Flash sale thoughts:

Legend of Korra is a maybe. Love the show, but I've heard bad things about this game. I'm not sure I should bite on this.

STFU. Hrmm. I beat STF after paying full price on Xbox One and it was worth it. Definitely want the better Steam version at some point, but certainly wouldn't play it soon. I could wait.

Orion Prelude: I'm the only person on my friends list with this game on the wishlist. 34 friends have it. Should probably get it. So cheap!

Sunless Sea: Never really looked at this before, but I just watched the trailer and it impressed me and my girlfriend quite a bit, looks awesome. The backlog is real though, so I think I'll have to wait for more than the 40% off.

Opinions:

Apotheon was played on PS4. Good game. Play if you like 2d combat and exploration.

Wolf Among Us was sweet, even though I hated Telltale's Walking Dead; I never could get past the first long boring episode of TWD.

Natural Selection 2 is awesome but has been way cheaper.

Mount Your Friends is top tier local competitive multiplayer for party environment. Really.

Castle Crashers is great local co-op, but I'm sure everyone knows that by now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it took me a while to understand this...
it is not as bad as Steam community forums right?

I don't know as I don't post on them regularly, but the game's hub seems like the most relevant place to seek help with said game.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

AEKHhat.gif

madjoki

I joined a new game 5 times or so today, no card drop. How's that's a guaranteed way?
I haven't got level 10 drop even once.

Have you got them cards?

edited:
BTW I know someone who haven't even got the first card we all got, by joining the game very first time, which I thought is guaranteed.

I have always joined friends game initially, which supposedly prevents getting that drop.

I did however get drop during first day when I joined via start new game.

You don't get level 10 drop unless you're in-game or join game with level > 10.

Arthea

Anybody actually believed MGR2 is going to happen?

I'm not sure it is even possible to do a new game now, 10 minutes, still not even half full

I have always joined friends game initially, which supposedly prevents getting that drop.

I did however get drop during first day when I joined via start new game.

You don't get level 10 drop unless you're in-game or join game with level > 10.

ya, none of those sure things work, except randomly, including lvl 10 thing

madjoki

I'm not sure it is even possible to do a new game now, 10 minutes, still not even half full

I'm thinking it's because of stability at start, so I'm waiting till bit later and then jump to high level game with free slots if any.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I went for 21 into a single element. 400+k per click is a beautiful thing.

ah, I'm 5-5-5-5

775M to upgrade seems a little stiff

but it's better than the 1.285M it will cost me to upgrade Farming Eq to lv13

Shadownet

Banned
I hear it's amazing when the Purple-stuffed worm in Flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw-blink on Hari-kiri Rock! I need scissors! 61!
What are you grumbling on about now?

Lmao I just realized I accidentally linked the Italian version instead. Fixed.

Edit: thanks Catpons!

But then again, Guys Love is understood in all languages.

Bromance is a beautiful thing y'all.

JaseC

So... I'm staying up till around 6 am to watch the Bethesda live stream.

(I'm in the CEST - Berlin timezone)

Do we know anything about the length of the Bethesda show?

I'd guess either 90 minutes or two hours. One hour seems a little short even assuming Dishonored 2, Doom and Fallout 4 will be the only games shown.

madjoki

Just tried again with my main account and I was given drop for level 10. (As I initially joined game with level > 10.

Something to try if you haven't got that drop.

Asgaro

Waking up at 6am seems a lot easier...

The show starts for me at 4 am: I already calculated in the possibility of it being 2 hours. So going to bed to around 6 am. :)

1 hour, at most 90 mins probably. Sony has usually the longest conferences. My plan is to wake up at 3:30. It starts at 4am, not 6am.

See above.

edit: My biorhythm is so messed up since the last couple of months: sleeping till 11 am and staying up till 4 - 5 am, so it shouldn't be a problem tonight. :)
(I'm still a student so that's why I can allow to do this. Living the good life, but it will soon be over though in a few months.)

Arthea

Just tried again with my main account and I was given drop for level 10. (As I initially joined game with level > 10.

Something to try if you haven't got that drop.

you couldn't have done that... I started to join a new game before you, it haven't even started yet, still something like 1/3 people missing for it to start.

Arthea

so guys, how do you exactly switch rooms now, if your level get 0-ed every time you leave yours? At least mine is

edited: or only joining a new game does that?

Copons

A friend made me notice the CS:GO price, that's the same as before it was a daily, and also, in its page it doesn't say daily but simply "summer sale".
Isn't it totally weird
and I'm sure totally old
?

derExperte

Top group has reached lvl10.000.

Last unlock could still happen.

so guys, how do you exactly switch rooms now, if your level get 0-ed every time you leave yours? At least mine is

edited: or only joining a new game does that?

The max level that you've achieved before counts.

Shadownet

Banned
A friend made me notice the CS:GO price, that's the same as before it was a daily, and also, in its page it doesn't say daily but simply "summer sale".
Isn't it totally weird
and I'm sure totally old
?
Just another classic case of Valve putting their games on Dailies but not really Dailies...

wilflare

I don't know as I don't post on them regularly, but the game's hub seems like the most relevant place to seek help with said game.

thanks JaseC - you helped me more than once this sale!

lol reading up on Cities Skyline... game is complex...

if only the Steam Android app allows access to the Game Hub...

---
hope Ori goes on sale - probably the last thing for me

Arthea

The max level that you've achieved before counts.

it does? I never noticed *goes to check*

edited: I'll be damned, it let me join high level game, when it didn't let me yesterday. What's even going on in this game?

edit: I got kicked out of the game, yet again, sigh

MadGear

So far I consistently got cards for starting a game and one for being part of the initial 1000 players that connect to a game. I'm not playing this "game" in any way so this doesn't seem to influence card drops at all.
Today I also received a card for starting a new game by leaving the previously started game (that link below Resume), however this didn't work for me yesterday so chances are I just got lucky.

JaseC

Do you think Valve will bother with exclusive coverages like what GI or IGN are doing?

I doubt it. If Valve wants to drip-feed info, then it'll just do something similar to Dota 2 Reborn.

It's open world and uses rollerblades so I don't really see how it could be closer to classic thps than the new thps

Ah, missed the part about it being open-world, but, yes, I am aware that it's not a skateboarding game. The logo kinda gave that away. Anyway, I was speaking to the apparent focus on trick-based gameplay whereas THPS5 is attempting to broaden the pallet by implementing gimmicks such as power-ups and projectiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom