• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be Satan himself.

Vita needs love. >_>

And now you reminded me of what one friend of mine calls me. :/
It's only logical that a dead series' last hurrah should be on a dead platform!
GV1DKZg.gif

Anteater

alright finished guardian of light

couldn't put it down even though i already finished it in coop like years back, it's still good it's still good

DvHArIe.jpg

here are some screenshots

time to get back to teh witcher 3

I really don't understand how dropping the cards from the monster game works? I only get one card once it reset and yet it supposed to be 3?! What am I doing wrong?

Haunted

Anybody want to talk me out of Murdered Soul Suspect at that price?
do it

I think it's absolutely worth playing at that price if you like adventure/mystery games, sorry.

That said, if you haven't played Ethan Carter yet, I'd recommend that over Murdered to scratch a similar itch.

Nope. Some people really disliked it, but I really enjoyed it for what it was. The atmosphere was great, the story was pretty good, and overall it was very enjoyable.

The only negative is the "combat", I think, but even then it's serviceable in the sense that it's not too frequently annoying and moves the story forward.

At $6 I'd definitely say it's worth it.

Has Sherlock Holmes: Crime and Punishment been a daily/flash yet?
It was yesterday's daily at ~$10. Seems like you missed it, unfortunately. :(

do it

I think it's absolutely worth playing at that price if you like adventure/mystery games, sorry.

That said, if you haven't played Ethan Carter yet, I'd recommend that over Murdered to scratch a similar itch.

How puzzly is Ethan Carter, on a scale of Gone Home to Riven?

Tizoc

Dude
Of all the GAFfers, you are the one I really wish they'd add some text/context to the images you post :p

At any rate, now that we're likely to get Shenmue 1+2 HD people can finally find out whether the games are overrated or worth their praise

titch

A Saltier Dump there never was

All I want from the current deals is Gauntlet

Pretty sure it's been cheaper elsewhere maybe bundlestars 4 pack

Did not expect that.

Are Bundlestars games the same price in each region? About to buy the Gauntlet 4-pack but wanted to know if there was a way to get it cheaper?

Wouldnt mind taking a cheap copy of gauntlet if anyone is getting a 4 pack cheaper than steams single just now

Go on DO IT, it has rainy nights, it has fedoras, ghosts, ghosts with fedoras, what else do you want?

But really, It's very similar in tone and style as Heavy Rain, it's very linear in nature although you can wander around in certain places to dig out other intriguing side stories and a few collectibles, the game is also very easy outside of a few puzzles, It has an engaging story but that's about it, If you don't like narrative heavy games I say you should pass on it.

Go on DO IT, it has rainy nights, it has fedoras, ghosts, ghosts with fedoras, what else do you want?

But really, It's very similar in tone and style as Heavy Rain, it's very linear in nature although you can wander around in certain places to dig out other intriguing side stories and a few collectibles, the game is also very easy outside of a few puzzles, It has an engaging story but that's about it, If you don't like narrative heavy games I say you should pass on it.

murdered soul suspect is shit

boring story and boring everything

turfster probably likes it because of his mutant arms

Oh....hmm. While I like adventures (as my countless impressions for point-and-clicks will attest,) I play them more for the puzzles than I do the narratives. Sure, the narrative helps, but it takes a backseat. If you're saying it's easy and linear then it's probably not for me.

Risgroo

I'm trying to get into some of the Prince of Persia games. Played a few minutes of Warrior Within earlier today, and that shit was just unbearable. I remember thinking it was the coolest game ever when it came out, but it's just trash hahah.

PoP 2008 is the complete opposite so far, I've never played it before, and only just started, but I'm in love already. It's got some of the prettiest graphics I've ever seen, music is good, and the Prince seems like a cool guy. Guess he grew out of his Drowning Pool phase :D
What did you guys think of it?

Anteater

Oh....hmm. While I like adventures (as my countless impressions for point-and-clicks will attest,) I play them more for the puzzles than I do the narratives. Sure, the narrative helps, but it takes a backseat. If you're saying it's easy and linear then it's probably not for me.

there aren't really much puzzles, there are a lot of collect-a-thon kind of design choices to unlock side story and stuff. I think it's worth experiencing for yourself, the atmosphere is actually kind of great but overall there aren't any choices and it's a very linear experience. The story I guess is subjective so maybe you will like it more than I did

Jawmuncher

I'm trying to get into some of the Prince of Persia games. Played a few minutes of Warrior Within earlier today, and that shit was just unbearable. I remember thinking it was the coolest game ever when it came out, but it's just trash hahah.

PoP 2008 is the complete opposite so far, I've never played it before, and only just started, but I'm in love already. It's got some of the prettiest graphics I've ever seen, music is good so far, and the Prince seems like a cool guy. Guess he grew out of his Drowning Pool phase :D

You don't like God Smack in your PoP? I STAND ALONE! Hated warrior within even as a kid. Remember loving PoP the sands of time, going to the sequel and wondering what the hell happened. To this day I still haven't beaten the trilogy. 08 I thought was decent doesn't touch sands but the art style is just so good. Funny enough forgotten sands is my second favorite PoP game despite how forgettable it is. If that had a real budget and better story it could have been great.

OK, silly giveaway time.

One of these games is Transistor, one of my favourites. The other 3 are Bad Rats.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ANuclearError, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift 1 -- MB-8FCA8792401651E8 - Taken by Madn. 3 entrants total.
Mystery Gift 3 -- MB-B5701F9158FFECE0 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.
Mystery Gift 2 -- MB-E8130F7DD30FAB8F - Taken by Deques. 4 entrants total.
Mystery Gift 4 -- MB-BE467C54EA9D6FEC - Taken by SilentRacoon. 1 entrants total.

t1434311990z1.png

Deitus

PoP 2008 is the complete opposite so far, I've never played it before, and only just started, but I'm in love already. It's got some of the prettiest graphics I've ever seen, music is good, and the Prince seems like a cool guy. Guess he grew out of his Drowning Pool phase :D

Well it's a different Prince in 2008. This one maybe never had a Drowning Pool phase. Instead he's Nolan North.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom