• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

"Higher numbers" isn't a good enough excuse for me to bother paying any attention. I've already crafted the badge once and only needed to spend a few cents on missing cards (thanks Jawmunchie~), so I've checked out of the whole thing. Will still enjoy seeing how stupidly high everyone can eventually push the numbers, even with the growing number of restrictions!

Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. There's a few bullshit moon logic puzzles, but the story and characters are still top notch even after 15+ years.

i've been waiting about 6 minutes to gain enough people to begin

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd make sure you have some friends to play it with, IMO it's not nearly as charming or interesting as the original Gauntlet. With friends its fun to mess around with though.
I got no friends to play it with but I enjoyed Dungeon Siege 3 alone which everyone says it sucks as solo so I might be able to play solo.
where's exo
No idea and why are you asking?

Jazz573

yC4UNRD.gif

Woohooo we've done it neogaf!

Nah. I think that's an appropriate level of rage.

What's the source of that gif?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Umm guys

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Purchased: 14 jun PDT
Refund request: 18,99€ to your

That's not the price I bought it for.

I hope they don't give me that money and then ban me for abuse of the system.

Nah. I think that's an appropriate level of rage.

What's the source of that gif?
I have no idea, it's in my anime edited gif collection.

He said "cute girls", not worthless shit. This sorry excuse of a "Visual Novel" isn't worth a floppy disk. This games are called Sakura, because they do what cheery blossoms do: falling into dirt, trampled on by the feet of one hundred men and women and pissed on by dogs both old and young, healthy and ill. If you ever see this game, change the streetside.

Haha, awesome.

Arthea

summer cards are surprisingly holding up their prices. I was expecting them to reach a massive drop.

they won't at all, you realize that most people aren't getting cards this time? when they used to get them all other times.

edited:
I told this the first day we experienced a stupid game.
Unless valve will fix this, and they won't, card prices will remain high.

Kayant

Games? Games!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Kayant:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1061204.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Castle Crashers -- MB-28FBD44358EB8A99 - Taken by Resident4t.. 10 entrants total.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut -- MB-9F952495EC60A8FE - Taken by Haunted. 60 entrants total.
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-4FCB61067CF34F30 - Taken by fspm. 15 entrants total.
Apotheon -- MB-14CE0A282AE984FD - Taken by GaussTek. 47 entrants total.

t1434315050z1.png

I'm sorry. what? lol

Usually working in retail causes one to lose faith in humanity. I know it did for me :p I remember you saying that you worked at GameStop and Best Buy so I was saying that it's admirable to have kept it for so long. Now you're as cynical as the rest of us.

tl;dr bad joke is bad :p

derExperte

"Clicky-click
Unlocks once the specified number of clicks have been registered in the game today" isn't moving at all. Maybe because everyone's using scripts? Or because the numbers are stupidly high even when everyone's using scripts.

Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. There's a few bullshit moon logic puzzles, but the story and characters are still top notch even after 15+ years.

I did play it first time in about 12 years ago and it was amaaazing :p Only reason I haven't bought the remastered yet is my backlog (the real one, not the one with 1000 games).

Hell, I'll do it!

Arthea

last chance to voice your valued opinion: Ethan Carter or Fable?

It's more of a question which will go lower sooner, but let's pretend it is not that, for fun.

Arthea

"Clicky-click
Unlocks once the specified number of clicks have been registered in the game today" isn't moving at all. Maybe because everyone's using scripts? Or because the numbers are stupidly high even when everyone's using scripts.

what are you talking about? what's clicky-click?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
they won't at all, you realize that most people aren't getting cards this time? when they used to get them all other times.

edited:
I told this the first day we experienced a stupid game.
Unless valve will fix this, and they won't, card prices will remain high.

I noticed that the drops seem to occur on the personal timer (that is, your own 24hrs), at least from my experience anyway. I always get the game from level 0 and reach level 10 drops anyway.

Arthea

At work and I don't have ES, but this is the cheapest the Prototype 1+2 Bundle has been right?

It is, but Proto2 base price already should have dropped, I totally would bite a bundle if it was bellow 10€

I noticed that the drops seem to occur on the personal timer (that is, your own 24hrs), at least from my experience anyway. I always get the game from level 0 and reach level 10 drops anyway.

All my rl friends stopped bothering with this game after not being able to join the very first day, that's why assume it is very wide spread.
Also I didn't get cards this way, so ya, you might be just lucky, you know. For example I'm again at 0 cards today, played through 400 levels (in the game).

autoduelist

SanctuaryRPG is worth your money.

I sunk 20 hours into it very recently and could easily sink far more. It is nowhere near as complex to get into as it looks at first glance -- in fact, it's easy to get into and will suck you in [though there is a ton of depth].

It is a menu based rpg/roguelike with ascii art -- but there's no complex navigation or anything like that. It's all menu based -- if you're in a town, type a letter to go in a building.

The combat is turn based, and one of the coolest systems I've ever seen. You've got tons of options (only a few unlocked to start, it opens up nicely though). You don't just attack -- you 'combo'. That is, the first move you decide on [a starter] opens up linker moves and eventually gets you to a finisher. However, you might need to dodge [reposition] in there somewhere to avoid the enemy's windup [two dodges in a row break your combo] or... well, tons of other options. It's fantastic.

The ascii art is amazing, and the game does a great job of keeping you paying attention. For example, as you explore a field or a dungeon, there may be highlighted letters in the background art (the door of a cabin, for example) that lead to optional events or lewt. Or even during combat, while your options are at the bottom, there may be special options in the combat results (for example, perhaps your enemy lost his footing and you can [g]rapple him.

Dungeons, like overworld exploration, are simplified. You don't explore a dungeon like a maze; rather, you choose to go in the dungeon [say, hit to explore Lost Woods and will have a few screens that are either encounters tofight baddies or events/ etc till you leave. Then you're back at the camp menu and can going into the dungeon till it's cleared and new options open up or explore elsewhere. Basically, it's focused on the combat.

The story is deep (though i haven't finished it) with gods and guilds and moral choices. Lots of mini games (that are actually fun) that open up. Honestly, the game should be a complex nightmare but instead it's just super easy to get into and everything quickly makes sense.

wilflare

so GeDoSaTo worked on Legend of Korra for me
16:9 unstretched, Borderless Windowed Fullscreen for me...BUT
- game is aligned to the top of my screen, showing my taskbar and etc

I sunk 20 hours into it very recently and could easily sink far more. It is nowhere near as complex to get into as it looks at first glance -- in fact, it's easy to get into and will suck you in [though there is a ton of depth].

It is a menu based rpg/roguelike with ascii art -- but there's no complex navigation or anything like that. It's all menu based -- if you're in a town, type a letter to go in a building.

The combat is turn based, and one of the coolest systems I've ever seen. You've got tons of options (only a few unlocked to start, it opens up nicely though). You don't just attack -- you 'combo'. That is, the first move you decide on [a starter] opens up linker moves and eventually gets you to a finisher. However, you might need to dodge [reposition] in there somewhere to avoid the enemy's windup [two dodges in a row break your combo] or... well, tons of other options. It's fantastic.

The ascii art is amazing, and the game does a great job of keeping you paying attention. For example, as you explore a field or a dungeon, there may be highlighted letters in the background art (the door of a cabin, for example) that lead to optional events or lewt. Or even during combat, while your options are at the bottom, there may be special options in the combat results (for example, perhaps your enemy lost his footing and you can [g]rapple him.

Dungeons, like overworld exploration, are simplified. You don't explore a dungeon like a maze; rather, you choose to go in the dungeon [say, hit to explore Lost Woods and will have a few screens that are either encounters tofight baddies or events/ etc till you leave. Then you're back at the camp menu and can going into the dungeon till it's cleared and new options open up or explore elsewhere. Basically, it's focused on the combat.

The story is deep (though i haven't finished it) with gods and guilds and moral choices. Lots of mini games (that are actually fun) that open up. Honestly, the game should be a complex nightmare but instead it's just super easy to get into and everything quickly makes sense.

i cant stand text based adventure games
i just cant

Grief.exe

so GeDoSaTo worked on Legend of Korra for me
16:9 unstretched, Borderless Windowed Fullscreen for me...BUT
- game is aligned to the top of my screen, showing my taskbar and etc

DOWNSAMPLING FUNCITONAL IN A PLATINUM GAME???

I run a 1440p/144 Hz monitor, so as far as Platinum is concerned, I don't exist.

So on the TowerGame, what really is the way to go? Raining gold on bosses, otherwise everything to autocannon and it's upgrades (if you don't want to use an autoclicker that is)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Worth noting that there is a demo to try. I found the humor did absolutely nothing for me at the beginning and I quickly dropped all interest, but it seemed like a very mechanically sound text RPG, with some modern niceties thrown in to make life easier.

Ruruja

last chance to voice your valued opinion: Ethan Carter or Fable?

It's more of a question which will go lower sooner, but let's pretend it is not that, for fun.

Only one of them is 75% off, it's a no brainer.

Don't tell me you forgot how to play Steam?

Benedict

I might be late to this, but just discovered that I've probably been screwed royally by the developers of State of Decay.
Have the original version which they stopped supporting and not selling any more. Instead they have a "remastered" version, selling for full-price. Part of the sale now.
scumbag developers.
According to Steam I only have 1.3 hours playtime even though it's been ages since I bought it. And having problems with the game on my computer.
Might try to get a refund.

someone might wanna tell Steam that the flash sale clock is wrong
34 hours instead of less than 12 -_-

"New Deals Every 12 Hours| New deals in 34:40:39"

Makes sense

I might be late to this, but just discovered that I've probably been screwed royally by the developers of State of Decay.
Have the original version which they stopped supporting and not selling any more. Instead they have a "remastered" version, selling for full-price. Part of the sale now.
scumbag developers.
According to Steam I only have 1.3 hours playtime even though it's been ages since I bought it.

It's almost a common practice now, just re-label the "new" game as a "remaster" sell it for a few buck more, and force owners of the original version to buy it in order to get any of the new updates, Namco did the same blood sucking move with Dark Souls II, really scummy move by the publishers.

Grief.exe

scumbag developers.
According to Steam I only have 1.3 hours playtime even though it's been ages since I bought it.

They did offer a discount to those that purchased the game initially. I can't speak to any other poor practices the developers may have done however. Seems like the game has extremely poor reviews on Steam and may be due to what you are referring to.

State of Decay: YOSE Day One Edition is Now Available on Steam!

Delivered in beautifully remastered 1080p, along with improved lighting, textures, animations, and combat mechanics, State of Decay: Year-One pulls you even deeper into the post-outbreak world.

Purchase the Day One Edition and get the exclusive “Prepper’s Pack”. Day One Edition is only available until May 12, 2015.

Additionally, State of Decay Steam owners instantly receive a 33% discount on the Day One Edition.

State of Decay, along with major Add-Ons Breakdown and Lifeline, is now fully remastered in stunning 1080p. New missions, weapons, and extra content, along with improved lighting, textures, animations and combat mechanics, will pull you even deeper into the post-outbreak world. How will you survive the zombie apocalypse?

Sidebar, I find it hilarious how they continue to mention 1080p like this is some kind of amazing feature in 2015. Welcome to ~2008 I guess.

nahh... not using it for downsampling :/

Sorry, I got hyped up and didn't fully comprehend your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom