• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I like Salvation's terminators, I dig the battle worn vibe they give off. But Sam Worthington can't act, SkyNet's plan was stupid, Arnold cameo was eh.

It wasn't even a cameo, you know. It was 100% CGI, he wasn't even involved :p
That sounds like a terrible move
RIP Starbreeze and 505

Atleast they're using the SteamVR API so we don't have bollocks exclusivity there.

Oculus can still go fist themselves in a bush.
Chris Patt is the only reason to watch the movie.
ff3908ffd1.gif

Did he just high-five Reggie motherfucking Watts?

_________

Zky Zky, you convinced me.

Z6lXgEJ.png

Gods Will Be Watching Get!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm trying to get into some of the Prince of Persia games. Played a few minutes of Warrior Within earlier today, and that shit was just unbearable. I remember thinking it was the coolest game ever when it came out, but it's just trash hahah.

PoP 2008 is the complete opposite so far, I've never played it before, and only just started, but I'm in love already. It's got some of the prettiest graphics I've ever seen, music is good, and the Prince seems like a cool guy. Guess he grew out of his Drowning Pool phase :D
What did you guys think of it?

Make sure to use the Small Talk button. A lot of great character development and establishment of their friendship comes from it. Starts off basic small talk, turns into sharing similar thoughts or talk of history, and then becomes full fledge sharing between the two. Really helps the whole overall story, at least it did for me as I came to care about the two on their one day adventure. From strangers to closest of friends, done in a nice and subtle way that is optional, a nice treat compared to how most games go about it.

Is anyone else having problems inside the steam client accessing the top left settings drop down lists? After clicking once or twice they are no longer appearing. Also right-click on the main store page no longer makes the context menu appear after clicking 1-2 times.. Really strange never had this problem before.

I've been having that problem as well for about a week now. I've been told it's an issue with latest NVIDIA driver for my end, but I don't know if that applies to you.

Asgaro

It took two years for Skyim to hit 75% off. We'll all be dead by the time that happens with Fo4. :p

Patience is a virtue. ;)

xXG5EAw.png

I even have yet to start playing the game.
I always put it off since it's such a massive game and I'm a completionist.

Over time I have however already accumulated a large bookmarks folder full of mods.

20 pages of catching up taught me once again quality>quantity
Guys check out that Unreal Engine 4 demo. Performance is kind of shit but damn does it look beautiful.
I would love to! Care to link, please?
It's my 17th birthday today, wooohooo.
7B6E2NY.gif
Damn, you are young... I mean Happy birthday!

Animation quality of that gif is sublime.
Grabbing Korra, you know that's going to be gone January 1st.
If it was 2 bucks, I'd buy a copy for my doomsday stach.
Getting a Shenme HD Collection sure would be neato.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Patience is a virtue. ;)

xXG5EAw.png

I even have yet to start playing the game.
I always put it off since it's such a massive game and I'm a completionist.

Over time I have however already accumulated a large bookmarks folder full of mods.

I pre-ordered the game for the dragon factor, but, in my 80-odd hours with it, never got around to reaching the early point of the main mission line that triggers random dragon spawns in the world, so the only dragon I ever saw was the one at the very beginning.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spirited, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spirited, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pillars of Eternity Hero Edition -- MB-95D661D27CAF209C - Taken by Kuroyume. 56 entrants total.

t1434358189z1.png

Asgaro

I pre-ordered the game for the dragon factor, but, in my 80-odd hours with it, never got around to reaching the early point of the main mission line that triggers random dragon spawns in the world, so the only dragon I ever saw was the one at the very beginning.

lmao!

Haunted

How puzzly is Ethan Carter, on a scale of Gone Home to Riven?
There are puzzles, but there's no irrelevant inventory combination bs. There's some elementary connect-the-dots type stuff and some smart stuff. I distinctly remember one truly outstanding puzzle with a great eureka! moment, but on the whole it was the speculation and discussion with friends about the core mystery and narrative while exploring the beautifully captured environments that really made it a memorable experience.

It made for a great evening of adventure gaming with a group of friends and I can't recommend it enough.

murdered soul suspect is shit

boring story and boring everything

turfster probably likes it because of his mutant arms
ur shit

Turfster

Man, fuck those
non-hooked up heavy machinegun
dudes in WolfTOB.
Yes, they're not too hard if you hit them right, but they're just such a buzzkill.

Volimar

What? Can't join a friend's game if they started more than ten minutes ago? Booooo!

Also, apparently I have an hour of playtime on Insurgency, but I have no recollection of it at all.

jasec's avatar looks as bald than salsa

She looks like she's shedding her hair. Not a good look.

Knurek

Warning, warning!
The above is a terrible game, not worthy of your or anyone's time.
It's nothing like developer's previous game, Gray Matter. Terribly written, childish plot, insultingly easy puzzles. Only good thing about the game was the background art.
I simply refuse to believe Steve Ince, of Broken Sword 1 fame, penned the game. Simply impossible.
Avoid!

Oh wow! Xenia the 360 emulator has DeathSmiles up and running a bit glitchy but if it's how I can have my Cave games on my PC I'll take it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js4yT_p8UZI

DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu: Black Label

Most of them are playable on (unofficial builds of) MAME, aren't they?

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Spent 1200€ on a new PC and what am I playing? That stupid monster game >.<

Haunted

Warning, warning!
The above is a terrible game, not worthy of your or anyone's time.
It's nothing like developer's previous game, Gray Matter. Terribly written, childish plot, insultingly easy puzzles. Only good thing about the game was the background art.
I simply refuse to believe Steve Ince, of Broken Sword 1 fame, penned the game. Simply impossible.
Avoid!?
Yes, if you're a big point and click adventure fan and desperate for some new, relatively unknown, cheap, serviceable experiences in the genre (because you've already played all the big, great ones), you're better off with deals like these:

A New Beginning

Dark Eye

Memoria

Whispered World

Kaptain Brawe

All under 5 bucks, all much better than Captain Morgane (though not what I would call genre classics themselves).

3 cards drop guide ?
1. When you first join a game. (level 0)
2. When you get to level 10.
3. Join a friend's room or a level 0 room.

He is right, must play from level 0 for 3 cards drop.
This actually worked super well so far.

I started my game at Level 0 and instantly got a card.
After that I closed the game without leveling up at all, the game didn't even start. Then I joined a game from a friend at Level 0 and instantly got my second card!

~Kinggi~

Banned
I've been having that problem as well for about a week now. I've been told it's an issue with latest NVIDIA driver for my end, but I don't know if that applies to you.

I would say its not that then, im using fairly older AMD drivers for my 7850, i havent tried my nvidia PC yet.

Arthea

This actually worked super well so far.

I started my game at Level 0 and instantly got a card.
After that I closed the game without leveling up at all, the game didn't even start. Then I joined a game from a friend at Level 0 and instantly got my second card!

you people want me to beat somebody, to a pulp, probably kick too, hard
seriously the hell! why can't I get cards the easy way?

I have that one already. Can't find an appropriate 500

look for trails, always look for trails, they are there

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They should have just gave it to those people a day early or something. Like EA did with the people who bought warfighter.

I doubt the beta is actually starting today; even over on Valve's side of the pond it's almost the middle of the afternoon. The beta will likely expand at some point after it starts to include more people than just Wolf14 pre-purchasers.

Risgroo

Make sure to use the Small Talk button. A lot of great character development and establishment of their friendship comes from it. Starts off basic small talk, turns into sharing similar thoughts or talk of history, and then becomes full fledge sharing between the two. Really helps the whole overall story, at least it did for me as I came to care about the two on their one day adventure. From strangers to closest of friends, done in a nice and subtle way that is optional, a nice treat compared to how most games go about it.
Oh wow, I'll remember to do that. Thanks!

Eila

Is this a bug, or do the costume DLC's really cost between 30 and 70€?

It's real. There's about 100000 cheap DLC on consoles,but they decided to bundle them all and sell them for ridiculous prices on steam. Plus, the PC port is some sort of mix between PS3 and PS4 versions. I'd just hold until DOA6 TBH :p

Maniac

Banned
Do OR limit stuff that can be displayed on their VR now? If so, Vive has won before competition has even started.
Isn't VR comparable to monitor screen aka nobody can tell me what I want to watch?

Oculus is treating it more like a console, having Rift-exclusive games that're apparently incompatible with competing devices.

Hence my many recent comments of "go fist yourselves, fek yourself Oculus" and so on so forth. :p
yea i was enjoying the game until that point..

exactly what you want from a review, person reviewing going back on their opinion mid way through

Totes. You're amazing like that.

Uzzy

And it still doesn't have online play! Ranked matches are apparently coming at the end of the month, but no news about other online modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom