• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Usually working in retail causes one to lose faith in humanity. I know it did for me :p I remember you saying that you worked at GameStop and Best Buy so I was saying that it's admirable to have kept it for so long. Now you're as cynical as the rest of us.

tl;dr bad joke is bad :p

Oh hahaha yeah working at GameStop made me gave up on humanity more times than I can remember. Best Buy been great so far, the people and the customers are really respectful and mature. Much more so than GameStop.

bakeray

Are Bundlestars games the same price in each region? About to buy the Gauntlet 4-pack but wanted to know if there was a way to get it cheaper?

wilflare

They did offer a discount to those that purchased the game initially. I can't speak to any other poor practices the developers may have done however. Seems like the game has extremely poor reviews on Steam and may be due to what you are referring to.

Sidebar, I find it hilarious how they continue to mention 1080p like this is some kind of amazing feature in 2015. Welcome to ~2008 I guess.

Sorry, I got hyped up and didn't fully comprehend your post.

sorry I'm not making sense at all :(
basically I'm running Korra in Borderless Windowed Fullscreen
however, the game is not centered it's aligned to the top :/
any idea how to fix?

Deitus

"Clicky-click
Unlocks once the specified number of clicks have been registered in the game today" isn't moving at all. Maybe because everyone's using scripts? Or because the numbers are stupidly high even when everyone's using scripts.

Well it definitely is stupidly high. With about a million people playing (we have less currently, but we had about as much on previous days), people are going to have to click on average 100,000 times.

Assuming every single person was clicking at a rate of 5 clicks per second non stop, that would be 5 and a half hours of doing nothing but clicking. The only way we unlock that is if auto-clickers count, and even then it's going to take a ton of people using them.

Pachimari

Mass Effect with KB/M is best Mass Effect.

The look and run like shit on the 360/PS3. Buy a Steam controller and play them on PC when it arrives.

I can't think of many cases where playing the console version would be optimal, but Mass Effect is certainly not the case.

Grab some texture and controller mods while you're at it, since Bioware can't be bothered to include existing controller support. To be fair, at least in Mass Effect 1's case, the interface was perfect for mouse/keyboard.

EDIT: I like the Steam controller idea.

If it's available on PC, PC it is.

So yes, play it on PC.
Thanks guys. I just wanted to be sure, as some PC ports seems to be lackluster. Like DoA5 and Mortal Kombat X.

fantomena

Bought Lego Jurassic Park from Bundle Stars. It's accurately 50% cheaper there than on Steam.

Got that dinosaur itch after I started watching Jurassic Park movies last week.

Too bad that ARK game is still in EA.

Eila

I got into the /v/ room today. It's third, behind two reddit rooms so far. Not bad.
I think this is all worthless until the final day, which is when you want to get into the best room you can.

It's almost a common practice now, just re-label the "new" game as a "remaster" sell it for a few buck more, and force owners of the original version to buy it in order to get any of the new updates, Namco did the same blood sucking move with Dark Souls II, really scummy move by the publishers.

I thought the original DS2 also got the updates, it just didn't get the new DX treatment and item/enemy placements?

Also the number of clicks necessary to unlock all three sales is just insane, not sure what Valve was thinking with that one.

I thought the original DS2 also got the updates, it just didn't get the new DX treatment and item/enemy placements?

Also the number of clicks necessary to unlock all three sales is just insane, not sure what Valve was thinking with that one.
Yeah, it got the new story content but nothing else. Dunno if it's still getting other updates like the durability fix, etc.

I'm currently looking at snagging two games today, but figured I'd see if SteamGAF has any objections. The two games are:
Grim Fandango Remastered - Soundtrack Edition
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter​

For The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, is the Collector's Edition upgrade worth it at ~$3.50? I'm mainly just interested in the soundtrack, if it's good, but $3.50 just for that seems a bit steep.

Any thoughts?

Corpekata

Banned
Grim Fandango is one of the best games of all time. Get that, presuming you never played it.

Ethan Carter was good but I thought a bit overhyped. Can't say I remember much about the soundtrack either way to gauge if the upgrade is worth it.

Ozium

you have a point, you, Ozie and Peter win this round, Fable it is.

2.gif

I'm currently looking at snagging two games today, but figured I'd see if SteamGAF has any objections. The two games are:

For The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, is the Collector's Edition upgrade worth it at ~$3.50? I'm mainly just interested in the soundtrack, if it's good, but $3.50 just for that seems a bit steep.

Any thoughts?

Grim Fandango is excellent if you enjoy point and click adventure games.

Any thoughts?

Do it. dont think about it

Grim Fandango is one of the best games of all time. Get that, presuming you never played it.

Ethan Carter was good but I thought a bit overhyped. Can't say I remember much about the soundtrack either way to gauge if the upgrade is worth it.

Grim Fandango is excellent if you enjoy point and click adventure games.

Do it. dont think about it

Awesome, thanks guys. So Grim Fandango is a lock (I've played part of it before, but the original version had some serious compatibility issues with newer Windows that prevented me from finishing it at the time).

Seems like Ethan Carter is 50/50. Any thoughts on that? Seems like the Collector's Edition upgrade is probably not worth it, as nobody has strong opinions on it -- maybe something worth picking up later when it's cheaper?

autoduelist

Worth noting that there is a demo to try. I found the humor did absolutely nothing for me at the beginning and I quickly dropped all interest, but it seemed like a very mechanically sound text RPG, with some modern niceties thrown in to make life easier.

Hmmm... humor? Didn't notice one way or the other. I'm not sure anyone who loves it is playing for the humor. It's a turn based combat sim with tons of other fun stuff.

Galdere

Neo Member
I reached 2K games and level 100 on Steam, so a little celebration...

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Galdere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-446A4822FCE8A124 - Taken by Polishin8r. 4 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-5B727DC72D2FA68D - Taken by ryan-ts. 3 entrants total.
Pier Solar and the Great Architects -- MB-1675D9692A121FB3 - Taken by alr1ght. 20 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse Prime -- MB-D66882299FAFF485 - Taken by a secret-boss. 6 entrants total.
Shattered Planet -- MB-D82452904E78FA30 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Boid -- MB-4E6A6AE6ED698C4D - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Hektor -- MB-76EA60649652D668 - Taken by Natty1. 2 entrants total.
Hell -- MB-F8EB5FC8DA08BB0E - Taken by thereisnoif. 6 entrants total.
GoD Factory: Wingmen -- MB-1E4C08714BDA7473 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-DFB91CDF9C91CE4B - Taken by julesodies. 2 entrants total.

t1434319010z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom