• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my birthday. Does that mean I need to give away a game to appease the SteamGAF gods? I have HL2 in my inventory... The first game i added to steam interestingly enough, which I'd find appropriate to give out. I'd like it if people added me to steam too... Account is augiemarch.

I adore being a PC only convert. I've had so many interesting gaming experiences in the last six months... More than the previous few years of console only gaming combined for sure.

And I've probably spent $250 or so on the sale so far. Life is good.

Did you follow the rules about "Wait for a daily or flash"?

And Happy Birthday.

Maniac

Banned
Yeah,
they're officially bankrupt and the dinosaurs are already loose in the wilds.
Perhaps another investor will rebuild it after years of regaining trust from public, which is a huge work lol,

That would work, buuuut Pratt has signed on for more JW, and... It'd be a little weird to continue it that way and still have his character in it, imo.
The ending was really strange.

They make multiple references to the park being bankrupt and in Chapter 11, but the only thing the public knows is that a bunch of flying creatures got loose and attacked everyone for a few minutes until the situation was contained. InGen/Masrani could easily spin that situation to their advantage ("our CEO died in a tragic accident during a tour!") Likewise, the happy ending with Pratt's and Howard's characters is a bit blunted because she essentially abandoned her post to find her nephews, which spearheaded this whole situation in the first place, and she's the highest-ranking executive left alive to answer for what happened.

But hey, I guess it's cool that we got a big fight at the end.

Aye. Buuuut in the
very last scene, you see the entire island several years later, overgrown and all that jazz

So... I really don't know how they'll make a sequel out of it.
The last scene was a mistake, imo.

Maybe they'll do a cop-out and place it on another mystery island we've never heard of! It's worked before. :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
At least Microsoft didn't remove it from the store, but no discount at all is a little ridiculous.

JEorCqk.png
The real shame is that they didn't switch Fable 3, the only worthwhile game in the series, over to Steamworks.

Kagemusha

I put in my first refund request for The Forest. It just isn't fun for me.

I think I'll keep Darkest Dungeon, Homeworld, and Victor Van.
Not sure if I want to buy J.U.L.I.A.

Parsnip

I'm trying to get into some of the Prince of Persia games. Played a few minutes of Warrior Within earlier today, and that shit was just unbearable. I remember thinking it was the coolest game ever when it came out, but it's just trash hahah.

PoP 2008 is the complete opposite so far, I've never played it before, and only just started, but I'm in love already. It's got some of the prettiest graphics I've ever seen, music is good, and the Prince seems like a cool guy. Guess he grew out of his Drowning Pool phase :D
What did you guys think of it?

I love PoP08. Talk to Elika as much as humanly possible.
I love PoP 2008. It's absolutely gorgeous and has a great soundtrack. The gameplay is a bit simple, but I still enjoy it, and Elika's one of the best NPC companions around.
I like you and your opinion.

I never understood why PoP 2008 got such a poor reception. It was a pretty great game as far as I'm concerned. I believe a lot of people were unhappy with the resurrection mechanic back in the day. I don't know how repeating checkpoints makes the game any better than respawning right where you failed.

Ubi did fuck over PC gamers with the DLC though.

inm8num2

I never understood why PoP 2008 got such a poor reception. It was a pretty great game as far as I'm concerned. I believe a lot of people were unhappy with the resurrection mechanic back in the day. I don't know how repeating checkpoints makes the game any better than respawning right where you failed.

Ubi did fuck over PC gamers with the DLC though.

I enjoyed it. Timing windows were larger, and the combat QTE was a little weak, but the game was still a fun platformer with gorgeous visuals.

dot

The reason PoP 2008 failed is because it took everything that made the Sands of Time trilogy great and replaced it with turrible combat and platforming where you can't die and a Prince that is literally Nathan Drake.

Also the ending was sold as dlc or something.

No thanks, bro.

The reason PoP 2008 failed is because it took everything that made the Sands of Time trilogy great and replaced it with turrible combat and platforming where you can't die and a Prince that is literally Nathan Drake.

It was actually more like an epilogue they sold. And somehow even after that they teased a sequel...

ExoSoul

Banned
I live!!!

My desktop can't run Korra properly T_T
Anyone up for some rounds of Lethal League? I wanna get the feel of the game but bots are too easy.

Shadownet

Banned
This is what I was referring, looks cool but in a dumb way (kind of reminded me of Lost World tbh) If the plot actually explains it without it being completely stupid or something ridiculous I will be surprised.

Anyways I got 2 free movie tickets lying around so I might as well go an see it.
Trust me. Once you see the movie. You will understand why that part is so badass.

MUnited83

For you.
PoP 2008 is my favorite in the series( and I played the trilogy before it several times). I don't get the complains about the "revival" mechanic. That or turning back time when you fuck up on Sands of Time is basically the same thing so eh.

Ventara

Have I ever mentioned how awesome of a guy Shadownet is? Because he is. I talk to him for a bit after a few months to catch up, and I end up walking away with Shadow of Mordor GOTY!!!! How did that even happen? The guy's practically begging me to take a game from him, lol. Anyways, I big, BIG thank you to him. The guy is Santa Claus, except not fat and without the goofy get-up.

Maniac

Banned
Have I ever mentioned how awesome of a guy Shadownet is? Because he is. I talk to him for a bit after a few months to catch up, and I end up walking away with Shadow of Mordor GOTY!!!! How did that even happen? The guy's practically begging me to take a game from him, lol. Anyways, I big, BIG thank you to him. The guy is Santa Claus, except not fat and without the goofy get-up.

So you're telling me he has white curly hair and a long white beard?

Nice.

pahamrick

Shadow is an upstanding guy.
Even though he took me off his Steam friend's list. I blame that I don't talk much on steam.

The only problem I have with NWC is the weird camera cuts. If they want to show the reaction of the players than they should do a PIP format and then go full screen on the player once the game is over.

Hope it comes back next year (and I hope they'll show some games for Project NX).

Maniac

Banned
i've considered a cleansing of my list, but it's like...300 SteamGAFfers

I've tons. But I use tags to categorise friends.

Got Traders, Workshop Folks, $:.VIP.:$ and SteamGAF.

Ya'll are, obviously, SteamGAF. A few of you are in VIP tho.
YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHO

Parsnip

No thanks, bro.

Protags don't die in most games, since you just load a checkpoint and the game world continues on as if nothing happened.

At least in PoP08 the mechanic was in-world and makes the prince actually vulnerable.
Also the trick they do in the last Concubine fight is neat and dumb and I liked it.

zkylon

zkylewd
shadownet is a weirdo that likes adding and removing ppl randomly for no reason

don't feel bad if he removes you

i almost never remove anyone since ppl from neogaf tend to be pretty friendly

only a few undesirables a couple times

The Fall is really fucking good.

That is all.

looks really cool, but hoping it'll go a tiny bit cheaper

every penny counts when you're broke

Shadownet

Banned
I forget to tag people with their GAF names so I forgot who's who on my friend list unless their name is the same.
This is my biggest problem. Sometime people change their name and I have no idea who's who.
I've tons. But I use tags to categorise friends.

Got Traders, Workshop Folks, $:.VIP.:$ and SteamGAF.

Ya'll are, obviously, SteamGAF. A few of you are in VIP tho.
YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHO
I'm in the ISP Club.
Incredibly Sexy People

derExperte

Done with The Old Blood, was of course good but the best thing is getting 40GB back in time for the Arkham Knight preload. If there will be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom