• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Ahahahahahahaahahahahah, that's a good one. If anything it will be the opposite. This thread will remain safe of the absolute shitshow the summer sale thread will be.

Remain safe? Good one. And to stop our downward spiral we should try to convince some new people to start posting in here, we really need more diversity.

Haunted

SteamGAF is like the dirty back alley, filled with anime dealers and shit.

The Summer Sale Thread on the other hand will be like a nice polished etalage showcasing the benefits of PC gaming.

So no worries, m8.
whew that's a relief

KingKong

is Valve ever going to let us sell all that TF2 crap. That and the single Portal 2 item that I can't even trade are taunting my inventory

Arthea

Now they need to get rid of the Blur and I will actually play it.

I will buy it regardless.

Blur is related to oversensitive camera, is it not? Thus, improving camera, takes care of blur situation, as much as it is possible.

Remain safe? Good one. And to stop our downward spiral we should try to convince some new people to start posting in here, we really need more diversity.

I agree with this, we need to enter summer sale thread and be awesome ourselves for this thread's sake. I think we delegate Experte. Any objections?

edited: on second thought, we'll lose all French if we send him... Maybe we should send iashman?

Another DS already? This is going like AC.
Edit: I bet 40$ for Type 0

you wish! 60€, mark my word

Can we find a means to tackle the common questions that the sales threads get spammed with? Like "is this game good?" Or "is this game worth $X?"

I know we already have sparkly banners for WAIT FOR DAILIES and that seems to have been effective but we can't seem to stomp out the other common tropes of the sales threads.

And that's not to mention damage reports and lists of gotten goods that always permeates the threads near the end.

Asgaro

it was sarcasm, right? just checking

Yes :)
Most of my posts are sarcastic btw.

edit: Ah, didn't noticed the bolded phrase.
Well, I dunno, I don't really check Autumn/Summer Sale Threads.
I'll check the upcoming one to see what kind of posts thrive there!

I finished Van Helsing 3 yesterday and I'll post a better verdict tomorrow but as of now the verdict is:

Wait - It's an early access game pushed out as a full release obviously to meet a schedule. Bugs everywhere and whole areas/mechanics completely missing.

Sarcasm

Heard my name, whats up?

I just got a 1quest booster!@

I need to complete sets to craft during sale.

So do I sell cards I don't want right now? And buy cards to complete sets?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Can we find a means to tackle the common questions that the sales threads get spammed with? Like "is this game good?" Or "is this game worth $X?"

I know we already have sparkly banners for WAIT FOR DAILIES and that seems to have been effective but we can't seem to stomp out the other common tropes of the sales threads.

And that's not to mention damage reports and lists of gotten goods that always permeates the threads near the end.

Link Man made a separate thread in one of the previous sales for people to post their hauls, which seemed to drag those posts out of the main thread.

As for the other two, that's kind of difficult to enforce. Everyone has their own levels of what games are worth how much money, and game taste highly dictates if someone finds a game good or not. Just short of making it a bannabale offense to ask about a game that has been already talked about within the last few hundred posts, I can't see a way we could eliminate those types of posts.

Also, insert itsalwayssunnyinsteamsalethreads.jpg here.

Parsnip

Seems to early too be true, Bloodborne just came out and their working on some Bloodborne DLC.

According to the article it will be announced at Sonys E3 presser. Exclusive?

Edit: From a Sony leaker:

There's zero chance that a new Dark Souls game would be exclusive.

Lain

The best way to tackle them is to answer them once and then point subsequent people toward that answer.

As far as damage reports toward the end and lists of gotten goods, I understand the annoyance in the Steam thread proper, but I'd say such things belong in a sale thread because.... what else is the sale thread there for? To post deals, to ask if deals are good and to show what was bought to your net pals.

Knurek

Hey, someone put my master's thesis on Steam!

Well, obviously not my master's thesis, my tool was a clunky Delphi script interpreter. Same topic though.

derExperte

I agree with this, we need to enter summer sale thread and be awesome ourselves for this thread's sake. I think we delegate Experte. Any objections?

edited: on second thought, we'll lose all French if we send him... Maybe we should send iashman?

Why would you not want to lose the French? Your plan is sound and I'll proudly do what has to be done.

Too many fakes. Must keep calm.

Anteater

oh you could already get those mystery cards? I crafted a badge just now and got one.

I was feeling lucky and thought I'd get one of those 6 dollar wallpapers

My feeling is always wrong

Having just started my FNV playthrough in anticipation of this announcement, i gotta say that Obsidian sure as hell is gonna make Fallout 4 work to get my attention. It's easily the better written and more enjoyable of the 2 3d fallout games, even if it's encumbered with useless crafting mechanics.

Asgaro

So we can assume a GAF crash in about a day?

tumblr_static_bosgpg63x28g8wo84ko44w4gk.jpg

Turfster

This should be a (shamelessly stolen) list of most of the Steam keys in the Amazon Summer Sale.
  • Dungeonland All Access Pack - $1.99 (80%)
  • Defenders of Ardania - $1.99 (80%)
  • The Showdown Effect - $2.49 (75%)
  • Wargame: European Escalation - $2.49 (75%)
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ $2.50 (75%)
  • Star Trek - $3.00 (80%)
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition - $3.00 (80%)
  • Mars: War Logs - $3.74 (75%)
  • Bastion - $3.75 (75%)
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - $3.75 (75%)
  • Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures - $4 (80%)
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - $4.99 (75%)
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - $4.99 (50%)
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked - $4.99 (75%)
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited - $4.99 (75%)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition - $4.99 (75%)
  • Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY - $4.99 (75%)
  • Batman Arkham City GOTY - $4.99 (75%)
  • Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition - $5 (75%)
  • TimeShift - $4.99 (75%)
  • Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines - $4.99 (75%)
  • RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum - $4.99 (75%)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition- $5.00 (75%)
  • LEGO Lord of the Rings - $4.99 (75%)
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - $4.99 (75%)
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - $4.99 (75%)
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - $4.99 (75%)
  • LEGO Batman - $4.99 (75%)
  • LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - $4.99 (75%)
  • Assassin's Creed III - $5 (75%)
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $5 (75%)
  • Fallout: New Vegas - $5.99 (40%)
  • LA Noire - Complete Edition - $6 (80%)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins - $7.49 (75%)
  • CIM Collection - $7.49 (85%)
  • The LEGO Movie - Videogame - $7.49 (75%)
  • DuckTales: Remastered - $7.50 (50%)
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $7.50 (75%)
  • XCOM: Enemy Within - $7.50 (75%)
  • The Legend of Korra - $7.49 (50%)
  • Singularity - $7.49 (75%)
  • Fast and Furious: Showdown - $7.49 (75%)
  • Far Cry 3 - $7.50 (75%)
  • Heroes of Might & Magic III HD Edition - $8.99 (40%)
  • Geometry Wars 3 - $9.88 (34%)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition - $10 (67%)
  • Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition $10 (75%)
  • METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - $10 (75%)
  • The Amazing Spider-Man - $9.99 (75%)
  • Prototype 2 - $9.99 (75%)
  • Crusader Kings II - $9.99 (75%)
  • Europa Universalis IV - $9.99 (75%)
  • Magicka Collection - $9.99 (75%)
  • Pro Cycling Manager 2014 - $10.19 (75%)
  • Assassins Creed III: Deluxe Edition - $12.50 (75%)
  • Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $12.49 (75%)
  • XCOM Enemy Unknown: The Complete Edition - $12.50 (75%)
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 - $14.99 (25%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - $16 (60%)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - $19.79 (67%)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $19.99 (50%)
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year - $24.99 (50%)

Also, someone else do the dailies/midweek deals, I've gotta go see a man about a CLAW.

It feels like I am nearing the end of Chpater IV at Witcher.

Generally speaking it was a fun area. Really enjoyed the change of scenery and new characters. It got a bit tedious traveling from the Lakeside to the Fields though -_-' Some kind of quick-travel would have been nice. Wonder how they solved that in Witcher 3 since it has such a huge world.

Other than that only the general problems of the game were there. Very restricted movement, most side-quest being boring and uninteresting, janky animations & transitions etc. Would be also nice if I could see which is the main-quest in the journal. I liked the big side-quest, the marriage in the village. Had nice twists.

Other than that, I hope the next area will be something new again.

Here some screens.

0qfxLRz.jpg
MOiQQAa.jpg

Writing can be funny at times, haha
BHoECKq.jpg

What a great trio we make
XgT8Bd5.jpg

Devs jumped the shark with sex. I like mature stuff in my games but not when sex is handed out like candy. Devalues its special something heavily.
Dlydjrs.jpg

There's some very nicely detailed textures to be found.
iERIPj2.jpg
vxMCNya.jpg

Atmosphere in the fields was really good.
xYEcvmz.jpg

Absolutely dislike how constrained movement is. So many invisible walls. It hurts immersion.
J9Wuwop.jpg

Why knight? You are not human. Should have been some mythical fighter rank. Not human. Makes no sense.

Haunted

Calling it now, it's just gonna be Fallout: New Vegas Redux.
An HD remake/remaster of any of the last generation games and heads will fucking roll. I'm talking pitchforks and blood in the streets.

It would make S-E's FFVII stage announcement look like a masterpiece in marketing and being in tune with your audience in comparison.

Shadownet

Banned
Fun fact, this iconic image of Vault Boy. He isn't giving us a thumb up and winking at us. He's actually measuring the size of the atomic blast and judging whether or not he is safe from the blast radius.

Now his smile, you can interpret that as him being safe from the blast, or slowly losing his sanity as he know he can't outrun the blast, that death is only moments away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom