• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Don't see that -.-

alliseenrrin.png

Fun fact, this iconic image of Vault Boy. He isn't giving us a thumb up and winking at us. He's actually measuring the size of the atomic blast and judging whether or not he is safe from the blast radius.

Now his smile, you can interpret that as him being safe from the blast, or slowly losing his sanity as he know he can't outrun the blast, that death is only moments away.

So he's all
nu
clear!

Jawmuncher

My hype for Fallout4 is as null as can be. Didn't like 3 and I haven't liked any Bethesda rpg game yet. Didn't play new Vegas but I've already given up.

Li Kao

Fun fact, this iconic image of Vault Boy. He isn't giving us a thumb up and winking at us. He's actually measuring the size of the atomic blast and judging whether or not he is safe from the blast radius.

Now his smile, you can interpret that as him being safe from the blast, or slowly losing his sanity as he know he can't outrun the blast, that death is only moments away.

That was really interesting !

It better be one of those made-on-current-gen, we-have-5-highly-underpaid-janitors-downporting-it-for-us type of deal because I can't imagine another Bethesda game trying to run on those older machines, especially the PS3 given that only Skyrim was ever patched to not be a completely buggy piece of shit on that machine.

theyre really gonna have to step their game up after the Witcher for me to be hype, if it's going to more dead eyed mannequins and subpar animations I dont think I could handle it

forget the witcher, it will be in the shadow of New Vegas until it proves otherwise. New Vegas's constantly having you dabble in the grey, to forge allegiances and to crush your enemies, to be clever and conniving while still working towards the betterment of the peoples, man, the game just makes FO3 seems like some simple shit in comparison.

KingKong

theyre really gonna have to step their game up after the Witcher for me to be hype, if it's going to more dead eyed mannequins and subpar animations I dont think I could handle it

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Cross gen? Aw... I hope that's just some placeholder info that someone forgot to erase.

I wouldn't say I'm hyped for another Fallout, but FO3 did give me the delight of crossing the Maryland/DC wasteland while Liam Neeson-dad ran head first at every Radscorpion that came near us, screaming, "I WON'T LET IT END LIKE THIS!" before punching them to death. Sometimes he'd die from being swarmed, only to stand back up a few seconds later and get back at it.

Somehow, I don't think Bethesda intended for me to walk all the way back to the ship with him.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It's really such an odd situation that the newest generation of consoles have been out for nearly 2 years now (almost 3 years for the Wii U) and here we are still getting games for the older systems. But then again Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 got released for the PS2 so who knows...

I suppose it's simply a numbers game and the Xbox 360 and PS3 both have sold about 80 million units each sold worldwide, in comparison to the 20ish million PS4 units and ??? XB1 units sold.

Zeknurn

I don't understand why people are excited for a remastered version of Fallout 3.

Ahahahahahahaahahahahah, that's a good one. If anything it will be the opposite. This thread will remain safe of the absolute shitshow the summer sale thread will be.

so much this, summer sale threads are usually full of questions that were answered ten times over, sometimes on the same page. I'm of opinion that nobody reads that enters it, only posts. OTOH, it's no wonder when these are moving so fast.

And it will still be better than the current state of the community thread

Lain

My hype for Fallout4 is as null as can be. Didn't like 3 and I haven't liked any Bethesda rpg game yet. Didn't play new Vegas but I've already given up.

I'm of the same frame of mind. Bethesda RPGs have never done it for me so my interest for Fallout 4 is pretty low.

Parsnip

I don't think it's crossgen.
They probably just copied the css from an old website and added the new stuff to it.

I do that all the time. :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think that might be a generic styleshit stylesheet
I hope >_<

I wouldn't be too sure, since all of those icon svg files actually exist on the server and the PS3 / Xbox 360 icons are sized appropriately to the PS4 / Xbox One icons. The only other explanation is that they copied it from The Evil Within's website - and TEW site doesn't use icons that size.

derExperte

Paradox has announced another Crusader Kings 2 expansion

The Horse Lords

Here's the feature list:

Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route &#8211; but it&#8217;s especially ripe for pillaging.
Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan&#8217;s coffers filled.
Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.

Jawmuncher

Well silly, thats because you didnt play New Vegas which is amazing and so much better than 3
Only issue there is I doubt Obsidian is doing 4. So even if it's better, it could still end up being moot.
No way a new Fallout will be cross-gen. That ship has sailed. It has been too long since newgen has arrived.
Think of how long the game has been in dev. It's not a stretch at all. MGSV is even cross gen.

I am a bit confused. On FO:NV UE storepage I get this:
R76Cm2s.png

But on the DLC tab in the client this:
DGIvIxF.png

Does that mean I have a version of the game which includes all DLC?
Think of how long the game has been in dev. It's not a stretch at all. MGSV is even cross gen.
You have a point. Hoping you are wrong though. For the better of us all you know &#128516;

Of course it's cross gen. They've been working on this game since Skyrim released (so around ~2012). No one would start a project back then and have it be next gen only.

MUnited83

For you.
Only issue there is I doubt Obsidian is doing 4. So even if it's better, it could still end up being moot.

Oh, 4 won't be better than New Vegas. And it will probably be a bad game in itself like Skyrim.

Mods and workshop integration gonna save it tho

Buraindo

Jawmuncher

Gamestop bought Think Geek

Only a matter of time before Valve buys spencers

Honestly isn't that much of a stretch these days. Game stops are looking like hot topics now. Each one I've been to has a section with a bunch of shirts and other collectibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom