• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed corrosivefrost's guide on adding normally unavailable games on your wishlist.

Opened storepage of a random game and then "inspect element". From there to the "console" tab.
I pasted this
Code:
javascript:AddToWishlist( 341940, 'addtowishlistarea', 'addtowishlistareasuccess', 'addtowishlistareafail', '15_9__407' )

hit enter but got "undefined" message and the game didn't show up on my WL too.

Any tips? Here the screen.
j0MRArH.png

Why? Start and get the DLC during summer sale.
Have this weird habit of not wanting to start "incomplete" games. Read that some of the DLC adds weapons which can be used in the main quest, so I want to have the "full" experience someday. Same goes for Skyrim.
May be a dumb reason but it is what it is.

MaxiLive

No way a new Fallout will be cross-gen. That ship has sailed. It has been too long since newgen has arrived.

The game would of also been in production for numerous years with the foundations plan set well before newgen was released which makes it tricky to gauge sales numbers!

Uzzy

If Obsidian are involved I'll be there day one. There's more inventiveness and c&c in one Obsidian made quest then there have been in the last three Bethesda RPG'S put together.

Otherwise I'm sure that the eventual GOTY edition of Fallout 4 will make for good sales fodder in a few years time. Maybe mods will have made the game interesting by then.

Have this weird habit of not wanting to start "incomplete" games. Read that some of the DLC adds weapons which can be used in the main quest, so I want to have the "full" experience someday. Same goes for Skyrim.
May be a dumb reason but it is what it is.

I have the same sentiment.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I followed corrosivefrost's guide on adding normally unavailable games on your wishlist.

Opened storepage of a random game and then "inspect element". From there to the "console" tab.
I pasted this
Code:
javascript:AddToWishlist( 341940, 'addtowishlistarea', 'addtowishlistareasuccess', 'addtowishlistareafail', '15_9__407' )

hit enter but got "undefined" message and the game didn't show up on my WL too.

Any tips? Here the screen.
j0MRArH.png

You don't need the "javascript:" at the beginning of the line - the browser knows it's javascript because you're typing it into the console.

Dr Dogg

For fucks sake! While I knew I had to contend with no interwebs from the 7th through until the 17th due to moving, having a plonker in a van take out the telegraph pole and subsequently our phone line, which probably won't get sorted until the weekend when it will make sod all difference is just sod's bloody law. Can see my mobile data getting wrecked fast, please be a shit sale with no price errors or sales of the century.

Also seeing as FF Type-0 has been confirmed for Steam, that's yet another kick in the teeth for a PS4 acquisition.

dex3108

I hope this is it XD Sony still doesn't have dedicated E3 page so i used UK PS page.

What to expect:

• Fallout 4 Announcement
  • Dishonored 2 Announcement
  • Doom Gameplay

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Rise of Tomb Raider Gameplay
  • Rare Studios Game Announcement
  • Indie Games Announcements
  • Halo 5: Guardians SP Gameplay
  • Forza 6 Gameplay

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Star Wars: Battlefront Gameplay
  • EA Sports Games Announcements
  • Visceral Star Wars Game Announcement
  • New Bioware IP Announcement
  • Mirrors Edge Gameplay

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Assassin's Creed: Syndicate Gameplay
  • Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay
  • The Division Gameplay
  • New game Announcement

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Uncharted 4 Gameplay
  • God of War Announcement
  • MGS 5 Phantom Pain Gameplay
  • New game Announcements

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Mario Maker Gameplay
  • Star Fox Gameplay
  • 3DS Games
  • New game Announcement

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Just Cause 3 Gameplay
  • Rise of Tomb Raider Gameplay
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay
  • Hitman Game Announcement

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Indie Crap

Xvum6FS.png

Knurek

L.A. Noire is at least 50% too long.
(Two cases for Vice and whole Arson to go, and the game has not really changed for the past 10 hours or so).

Anyone knows if the Origin code for the C&C Collection is region locked? The game is never discounted in Europe... :(

You don't need the "javascript:" at the beginning of the line - the browser knows it's javascript because you're typing it into the console.
Thanks. Showed my non-knowledge :p
Sadly no luck though still. Tried without and with empty spaces but I get the same message.
Maybe this method got rendered useless when Valve restricted view from another region? Dunno.

fallout

Glad I don't get hung up on dlc. It's hardly ever even worth. I'll go with the cheaper price over dlc 90% of the time.
It's such a weird psychological hangup for me. In cases where I've bought games without the DLC, I'm totally fine just playing it without really caring about the lack of DLC. However, as soon as I start looking at the DLC, I have to own it all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks. Showed my non-knowledge :p
Sadly no luck though still. Tried without and with empty spaces but I get the same message.

Maybe this method got rendered useless when Valve restricted view from another region? Dunno.

If you're using Enhanced Steam it adds an "Add to Wishlist" button on the community hub pages (which still exist for games that have been pulled) so you might try that instead of mucking about with the console.

For example, Dragon Age 2 should look like this:

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears Valve closed this loophole finally?

For fucks sake! While I knew I had to contend with no interwebs from the 7th through until the 17th due to moving, having a plonker in a van take out the telegraph pole and subsequently our phone line, which probably won't get sorted until the weekend when it will make sod all difference is just sod's bloody law. Can see my mobile data getting wrecked fast, please be a shit sale with no price errors or sales of the century.
Moving is always so much
non
fun!
There's always internet via a satellite dish. Astra offers that service. Not super fast but still good. Don't know if they have a monthly plan though.

Miguel81

Glad I don't get hung up on dlc. It's hardly ever even worth. I'll go with the cheaper price over dlc 90% of the time.

Never cared much for the map pack dlc, but story bits or extra missions always get to me. The only reason I grabbed the Tomb Raider GOTY was for that 1 tomb.

zkylon

zkylewd
well didn't get payed and im kind of a couple hundred pesos down from randomly walking into a hair place getting my hair dyed like ryuko from kill la kill but w/e

got a couple of promises of money but nothing that puts a videocard in my hands today

eh...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories announced, PC is among the platforms it'll be releasing on.

I haven't played a HM game since the PS2/GC games, I want to get excited for this one but its also coming to mobiles..

Stop making me cry.

Be sad. Reading the comments it's not a real Harvest Moon game, it's just got the name.

It's true.

Reminder that this is a Natsume developed game, not Marvelous.

Bokujou Monogatari is the name of Harvest Moon in Japan.
The trademark for Harvest moon is owned by Natsume.
Marvelous AQL make the Bokujou Monogatari games in Japan.
Their Bokujou Monogatari 3DS game was called Story of Seasons in the West: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_of_Seasons

The last (and I think first?) Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume was Lost Valley. The general consensus is that Lost Valley was not good.

It might be a bug showing that I own the Ultimate Edition :/

The client only shows this
Q291TNE.png

but on Ultimates storepage it says "already owned".

I'm pretty sure the "Ultimate Edition" is buying the base game and all the DLC without getting a +1 (JaseC can probably confirm this.) So if you have the base game, it will flag on the ultimate edition as well.

The Harvest Moon situation really sucks. The Harvest Moon games that are releasing in the west are NOT the same series as the old ones on SNES, N64 and PSX. Story of Seasons from Marvelous/XSeed is the real sequel to the series (Bokujō Monogatari)

I'm pretty sure the "Ultimate Edition" is buying the base game and all the DLC without getting a +1 (JaseC can probably confirm this.) So if you have the base game, it will flag on the ultimate edition as well.
It would have been a nice surprise but I assumed something like this. Thanks buddy.
If you're using Enhanced Steam it adds an "Add to Wishlist" button on the community hub pages (which still exist for games that have been pulled) so you might try that instead of mucking about with the console.

For example, Dragon Age 2 should look like this:
Hm. Opened Chrome Canary and tried it. I got to the community page and there was a "add to wishlist" button. I clicked it and checked my WL but it wasn't there. I refreshed the community window and the "add to wishlist" button vanished.

Here a very small webm showing in action (1,5MB).

Hm. Anyway, you already have enough on your plate buddy. It's not that important. Thanks for all your help.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, the Ultimate Edition is just a regular Steam bundle that contains New Vegas and the DLC -- the confusion stems from Bethesda changing the store name of the app. It's not like Fallout 3, which received a separate app for the GOTY Edition.

Tizoc

Gamersgate has started their sale i see.

Anyone know if there's a discount code or if they allow one to use a combo of blue coins+cash?

Shadownet

Banned
Honestly isn't that much of a stretch these days. Game stops are looking like hot topics now. Each one I've been to has a section with a bunch of shirts and other collectibles.
As someone who used to work there. I can tell you the reason they're doing that is because they can't compete in the gaming market anymore. Nowadays everything is either online or places like Best Buy offer crazy membership. $30 for two years and you get 20% off new games? That's amazing.

Nabs

Will the Ninty Humble Bundle his 100k sales? It's at 58k with 7 days to go. I'm guessing not, due to the smaller target audience.

It might depend on the games they add today.

80% off too.

DLC characters are also a buck a piece. They're worth grabbing if you missed out on the free period. Be sure to grab Beowulf for free before it's too late.

Asgaro

L.A. Noire is at least 50% too long.
(Two cases for Vice and whole Arson to go, and the game has not really changed for the past 10 hours or so).

I agree that the pacing is quite slow, but it's recommended to eventually complete the game. The last few missions are really worth it plot wise.
Perhaps switch it up with another game for a day or 2 and then complete the game. (It's what I had to do to not feel saturated.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom