• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't SE said they will consider FF7Remake when they have nothing else to offer a.k.a near the end? It's pretty surreal if they suddenly working on it. They even haven't finished FF15.

Yes, that's what I mean.
SE haven't even finished with XV and KH 3. Now they have this, a remake that only have 2 years of development. I know it's still a rumor, but still.. unbelievable.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yes, that's what I mean.
SE haven't even finished with XV and KH 3. Now they have this, a remake that only have 2 years of development. I know it's still a rumor, but still.. unbelievable.

I'll believe it when I see it. Of course, this "remake" could be unlike what everyone hopes/expects. It could just be that they've replaced the blocky PS1 textures with cel-shaded interpolations and re-drawn some of the hand drawn backgrounds in HD. It's Square Enix so I'm expecting lazy at this point.

MUnited83

For you.
I'll believe it when I see it. Of course, this "remake" could be unlike what everyone hopes/expects. It could just be that they've replaced the blocky PS1 textures with cel-shaded interpolations and re-drawn some of the hand drawn backgrounds in HD. It's Square Enix so I'm expecting lazy at this point.
Can't possibly be that as they are already releasing a standard port of the game on PS4 before the remake...

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
we were just a few hours away..

why couldn't he wait?

jj7v1tc.jpg

The rolling theme of this year's E3.

To build up hype.

Do those franchises need more hype?
People said to me that Fallout 4 don't need any hype, and it seems that it's true. But Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts aren't something that need more hype at this point where people are acually waiting for them.

Seems like it.
They needed all those years to make XV, afterall.

Can't possibly be that as they are already releasing a standard port of the game on PS4 before the remake...

If the remake is real that one is most likely cancelled. Really no point
People said to me that Fallout 4 don't need any hype, and it seems that it's true. But Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts aren't something that need more hype at this point where people are acually waiting for them.

Let's speculate and say FF7R is Sony exclusive. That's exactly the kind of news that you need at this point in the generation.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Oh I dunno, they might pleasantly surprise us all and go for spectacular and delayed for the better part of a decade.

baterism

To make people disappointed. They run on power from their fans' despair.

I guess nobody wants to click fast enough for the last milestone, which happens to be in the form of a turn-based anime RPG. Wonder what it could be...TitS?

Tizoc

Sometimes early hype goes a long way, depends on the pub I guess.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The most believable part of the FF7 rumor is that it's a PS4 exclusive, a decision so dumb it could have only come from Square itself.

Last October I won an Explorer pack for an MMO of sorts called Steam Bandits: Outpost. I played it for a few days until I hit a bug that wouldn't let me progress in the storyline anymore (and thus I ran out of things to beta test.) The developers kept pushing back the patch dates and a month later they hadn't touched a thing. So I wrote a negative review. (Dick move for a game I got free? Maybe. I dunno.)

First response I got was pretty lame: it was basically "debugging is hard," in song form.

Second response was nicer, something like "the day after you wrote this review, we actually implemented that patch. Sorry you had a bad experience." And I thought about coming back, but I was playing other stuff, you know how it is.

They then write me again in April, saying "Come on back, we've done a whole bunch of patches now." And I'm thinking, geez, they really want me to like them. Five months later, they're replying to my negative review...

And yesterday I get ANOTHER reply, basically saying "Feel free to ask for a refund, and we'll honour it." Not that I actually could, of course. But wow. The thirst for approval is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom