• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I actually haven't seriously played anything since sale started, well E3 adds to this but it's mostly sale's fault.
Also it's plain horrible that I can't run indlemaster, I really hope that ending sale will fix my not accessing badge page on itself, because if it won't I'll have to deal with valve's support *shudders*

I haven't got cards today either, I probably should hate all you guys getting cards, that has to be volvo plan all along, but I can't be bothered.

In other news I won't see PC pc because not sleeping 48 hours is too much even for me. I hope you people will take notes and inform me when I get up.

edited: also could you kindly unlock that VN for me while I sleep. I know it's insane amount of abilities, but very pretty please?

Chariot

The Art of Alice: Madness Returns is the only game-related book I own. Pity Valve cancelled The Art of Portal 2 as it would have been #2.
My ex still got mine :/ I didn't want to meet her some time after we broke up and after that it felt weird to go ther and ask for the book back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
that's pretty cool

i was gonna get the dark souls one but it's in japanese and it's kind of not that great from what i've seen

the alice book is pretty great tho, good one to have even if the game is kind of terrible

"Cool" in terms of temperature because it's so old? ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
i want to buy a book of all the level design stuff nintendo showed in their conference

The opportunities for these are fantastic if this one takes off. A Regular Show one would be amazing. Getting Mordecai and Rigby to shout "OOOOOOOHHHH!" after a good kill might get me to swap from HotS to DOTA. Maybe. (not really)

Yeeeeaaayyyyuuuh!
"Cool" in terms of temperature because it's so old? ;)
i mean i don't watch any of that so no idea what you guys are talking about

i just found the alcoholic line funny

NFpbvKy.jpg

Grief.exe

Maybe we should launch a 'clean up the Steam thread' initiative after the Summer sale.

• Every post is on topic.
  • You are still allowed to post anime gifs, personal stories, et all. When doing so, just make sure you are contributing to the thread in a meaningful way (reply to several people, post some news, write an impression, etc)
  • The first two pages of Steam threads generally need to be purged. We know it's a new thread.
  • Happy Birthday posts should be relegated to PM and Steam Message. Your birthday is awesome, but it really clutters up the thread.

Makes everyone happy. You can still post your one off anime gifs, but you also need to be contributing to the thread.
Like Morningbus said, we should have taken care of this last last year when we noticed a measurable drop in quality and started losing members.

epicgarbageshot1.gif

Fuck you Squeenix, and fuck your weak ass discounts.
Those dotEmu ports don't warrant buying at anything higher than $1.
FFXIII-2 is in an even worse state than the already pitiful FFXIII PC.
FF7 is already outdated.
I'd buy FF8 were it 70% off. As it friggin' has been in the past. :\

You speak my language!

Turfster

Still don't trus Deus Ex after the lies with Human Revolution. I couldn't play it like a shooter like I was told. If I want COd Deus Ex I should be able to have it.
Honest question:
Why not just... play the new CoD, if that's what you want?
That has cyberpunk tech and like, force powers now, apparently.
Not all games need to be the same, right, despite what the "masses" seem to want?
(Hi Ubi!)

Gamersgate has Grey Goo for 20$, which is apparently a historic low?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Maybe we should launch a 'clean up the Steam thread' initiative after the Summer sale.

Every post is on topic.
You are still allowed to post anime gifs, personal stories, et all. When doing so, just make sure you are contributing to the thread in a meaningful way (reply to several people, post some news, write an impression, etc)

Makes everyone happy. You can still post your one off anime gifs, but you also need to be contributing to the thread.

I like this idea.

On a related note, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is also on sale as part of the daily deal for 20% which comes to $15.99 (since the base price was recently lowered). For $16 you get a Steam copy of the game as well as a month of playtime if you're a new player. If you want to play the new expansion pack on Steam, you'll need a Steam copy of ARR. Just sayin'.

Arthea

• You are still allowed to post anime gifs, personal stories, et all. When doing so, just make sure you are contributing to the thread in a meaningful way (reply to several people, post some news, write an impression, etc)

Like Morningbus said, we should have taken care of this last last year when we started noticing a measurable drop in quality and started losing members.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/epicgarbageshot1.gif[/im[/QUOTE]

you don't included happy birthday posts, so it won't make any difference.
Anime gifs is least of this thread problems.

anyway, it would be nice for you to launch a campaign of getting new Star Ocean game on PC, especially now when they promised 60 fps. Just a suggestion

Salsa

Like Morningbus said, we should have taken care of this last last year when we noticed a measurable drop in quality and started losing members.

epicgarbageshot1.gif

I like this idea.

lol there's no way of policing this

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I feel that any course correction would just be temporary.

It would be with that attitude! ;)

Grief is saying that we should lead by example, and for those of us who are posting often we can help set the tone of the thread.

Jawmuncher

Honest question:
Why not just... play the new CoD, if that's what you want?
That has cyberpunk tech and like, force powers now, apparently.
Not all games need to be the same, right, despite what the "masses" seem to want?
(Hi Ubi!)

Gamersgate has Grey Goo for 20$, which is apparently a historic low?

Because COD didn't have this trailer to hype it
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq5KWLqUewc
My thing is they make a big deal about choice so why not open up the game to allow that kind of gameplay more so? Nothing worse than "you can play however you want" BUT it's really a stealth game.

Turfster

So scratch Shift then, what about Undercover?

Undercover is floaty and bleh, from what I remember.

My thing is they make a big deal about choice so why not open up the game to allow that kind of gameplay more so? Nothing worse than "you can play however you want" BUT it's really a stealth game.
Well, sure.
But there are very, very few games that really can offer "you can do anything you want" and deliver on it.
Something will usually suffer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Grief is saying that we should lead by example, and for those of us who are posting often we can help set the tone of the thread.

Call me a defeatist, but that's exactly what was attempted after "alpaca-gate" and it didn't change much.

Arthea

while you guys are getting foils I'm not getting regular cards even, any voodoo I could use to get at least some before the sale ends?

I also was wrong about summer cards prices, they still dropped like a brick. I can't be only one getting one card every second day, can I? What do people even sell?

Salsa

that course of action straight up turns the people "posting often" into "posting less"

which means the community talk would take over even harder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom