• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FInally getting around to Unity now that I have a card that can handle it better at 1440P. The general texture quality and lighting in this game are absurd given the scale, the LoDs can be wonky at times but it's so far ahead of most games in other respects. Really crazy work, hopefully I enjoy the game given the reception. I didn't like Black Flag much because of the tiny islands and I heard that Unity was a return to the first game in some respects in terms of actually assassinating people which is exciting.

fantomena

If this pic is for real with the text, it seems like it could be an expansion or a remaster.

K9xb.png

Edit: My mistake, was just a port of their video.

PS4 got 1.04, PC got 1.05. Console certification will never be as quick as developer-controlled patching.

numbers are different but both patches accomplish the same thing, most importantly(for me at least) they both fixed the exp bug. it most likely is a cause that they did decided to go about it a dumb way and hold out the pc patch till the ps4 but I really really don't want to believe they'd do something that dumb.

C-Drive

Just bought it. I didn't have the money for the Kickstarter but I definitely want to play this Day One.

I backed the Mighty No 9 Kickstarter and I can't remember if they ever sent anything out gathering info on what platform you wanted it on and all that.

Hektor

PC release "negotiable", they can fuck right off with that nonsense, the PC version of both souls games sold incredibly well, if that's true, I would be very disappointed in From, at this point in the game a PC version shouldn't be a second thought to them anymore.

Dark Souls 2 sold 2.5 Million units until the April 15, 2015

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/1...units-dragon-ball-xenoverse-breaks-2-million/

Steamspy says: Owners: 980,561 ± 26,321

http://steamspy.com/app/236430

That would make around 40% of all sold copys.
Not releasing a PC-Version would be ridiculous if i read those things correctly.

Good read (I actually read it ;)). Wondering why you play it in German though. Doesn't it get a bit too complicated especially since it is an adventure game?

When I say the German Translation I mean the translation FROM German TO English. Daedalic is a German publisher and judging from the credits most of the developers and the original language here were no different. But with some of those games you get translation issues and they use turns of phrase that nobody in North America would ever say.

Teeth

PC release "negotiable", they can fuck right off with that nonsense, the PC version of both souls games sold incredibly well, if that's true, I would be very disappointed in From, at this point in the game a PC version shouldn't be a second thought to them anymore.

It's a leak so the information is hazy at best. There's no way they wouldn't, it would be like slicing out 1/3 of their market.

That said, it'll probably be released after, which is fine by me (more likely to be stable/polished up).

But if the terrible news is true, I'm not dying over it, as I'll have to get a PS4 for Bloodborne someday anyway.

That said...put it in my veins and open the tube.

Wow, you guys just assume "leaks" with translated text are cold hard facts, huh?
I linked to the story before that DS3 announcement was coming at E3 this year. Wait for the details before you decide whether or not to vilify FROM.

--

Also, Vegemite, you're dead to me.

cyba89

Something, something PC exclusive survival game

Talking about survival games...

What is this ARK-stuff and why is it so popular?
I've never heard of it and it's outselling everything since a few days including FallOut4, Witcher 3 and the Steam Controller. Another open-world survival multiplayer crafting game that will never leave Early Access?

When I say the German Translation I mean the translation FROM German TO English. Daedalic is a German publisher and judging from the credits most of the developers and the original language here were no different. But with some of those games you get translation issues and they use turns of phrase that nobody in North America would ever say.
D'oh. Yeah makes sense.
Also, Vegemite, you're dead to me.
:S Hey, playing and watching a game can lead to extremely varying experiences!
At least you are having fun with it. That's what counts.

Dark Souls 2 sold 2.5 Million units until the April 15, 2015

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/1...units-dragon-ball-xenoverse-breaks-2-million/

Steamspy says: Owners: 980,561 ± 26,321

http://steamspy.com/app/236430

That would make around 40% of all sold copys.
Not releasing a PC-Version would be ridiculous if i read those things correctly.

It's a leak so the information is hazy at best. There's no way they wouldn't, it would be like slicing out 1/3 of their market.

That said, it'll probably be released after, which is fine by me (more likely to be stable/polished up).

But if the terrible news is true, I'm not dying over it, as I'll have to get a PS4 for Bloodborne someday anyway.

That said...put it in my veins and open the tube.

Yeah I'm taking that with a handful of salt, I don't think logically they would not release a PC version given the sales.

Dr Dogg

This where a good portion of you pelt me with rocks but I think I'm a little fatigued by Souls games at the moment. If another entry is around the corner they better mix it up quite a bit to catch my interest. And yes I know I have no qualms hoovering up AssCreed at the drop of a hat year on year so this might seem like an odd statement.

Jawmuncher

This where a good portion of you pelt me with rocks but I think I'm a little fatigued by Souls games at the moment. If another entry is around the corner they better mix it up quite a bit to catch my interest. And yes I know I have no qualms hoovering up AssCreed at the drop of a hat year on year so this might seem like an odd statement.

At least you caught yourself with AssCreed. You would have sidelined this thread without it.

Quiet you.
The Souls games are my Assassin's Creed; keep it up and "pelting you with rocks" will be wishful thinking on your part. :p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
waitng 5 days now for a refund request response. kinder taking the piss.

Jawmuncher

In a way though I kind of agree with Dogg though. I love the souls games, but man both DS2 and BB haven't really gotten that spark both Demons and Darks had. Maybe it's just because they were the new thing for me back then.

MadGear

Hopefully there will be Bloodborne-style builds and transformable weapons as well.

Well the "swordfighting styles" sound like something that could be similar and would fit the world of Dark Souls way more than transformable weapons itself. Instead of a global twohanded stance you would then be able to select an alternate attack style for each of your weapons. Imo this customization per weapon sounds even better than BBs approach. Hopefully there is some truth to this, well except for the PC part.

Dr Dogg

The voice actor for Warren really has a twang to his performance. No not in a good way.

At least you caught yourself with AssCreed. You would have sidelined this thread without it.

I'm sure you'd be the same if Dino Crisis got the annualised treatment.

Quiet you.
The Souls games are my Assassin's Creed; keep it up and "pelting you with rocks" will be wishful thinking on your part. :p

Hey we all have our obsessive compulsive franchise. Mine just happens to centre around alternative history fantasy Batman.

waitng 5 days now for a refund request response. kinder taking the piss.

I'm sure Valve will wait the full 7 days before refunding you. Kind of like my bank happens to do with reallocating funds which ends up earning them intrest rather than me, the swines.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure Valve will wait the full 7 days before refunding you. Kind of like my bank happens to do with reallocating funds which ends up earning them intrest rather than me, the swines.

was £50 so i wouldnt put it past them lol

Eanan

Was just looking at GTA V on steam, and enhanced steam said the lowest price was:

Lowest price: 0,03€ (0% off)
Recorded 48 days ago on FunStock Digital

Did anyone get on that deal or is that a glitch on enhanced steam?

In a way though I kind of agree with Dogg though. I love the souls games, but man both DS2 and BB haven't really gotten that spark both Demons and Darks had. Maybe it's just because they were the new thing for me back then.

Dead.
To.
Me.

The spark was there. You just were blind to it.
Dark Souls II: 160.9 hours
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: 86.8 hours
Total Dark Souls II playtime: 247.7 hours.
That's starting to rival my PAYDAY2 playtime.

Hey we all have our obsessive compulsive franchise. Mine just happens to centre around alternative history fantasy Batman.

Nothing wrong with that, though you'd do well not to take your dismay to Derrick01 level's of hyperbole. :p

--

How did Chariot's refund for Sakura Angels or whatever go?
I just enabled someone to request a refund -- wonder if it will go through since the purchase is almost a year old at this point. :lol
I hope so.

Jawmuncher

Dead.
To.
Me.

The spark was there. You just were blind to it.

The total for me is 120 hours across all souls games including Demons & Blood. I don't spend any more than 30 hours on every game. As I said Demons and Dark were the new thing and the new experience for me. Not saying the other games are bad, but they never did grab me the same way. I only stick with 1 play through. I couldn't really tell you what the reasoning for my decline is. Though i'll play all the other titles that come out.

Well these odd colored lines popped up on my monitor while I was playing my Saturn on it.
CmjLUytl.jpg

Is this fixable?

Are you talking about what looks like glare on that image? I was going to say image burn in but that doesn't sound right.

There's so much armor customization in Unity, felt limited by the last few games in terms of armor visual variety so this is a nice change. Still seems like weapon stats don't really matter though.

Preach it brother frost!

152 hours at DS:pTD
163 hours at DS2

DS in the midst of ng+ ang DS2 not even finished the first DLC fully at ng.

Most played games by far. They really nailed swordplay. It's what I compare every other sword game and none have succeeded or even matched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom