• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Isn't this different from Valve Complete Pack?
I miss only CS:GO and CS Zero and I entered knowing I could give away other games, but if new copies won't generate, I'll retire my entry :S

Well, it is a different pack. But I have no clue if you get spare copies from that one. Would be nice to know.

Alienware gave away 25 copies of that code last night on their twitch stream and there were maybe 40 people watching said stream. They are giving way a bunch of Devolver Digital codes tonight.

BruteUA

Is there anyone in this thread that doesn't own every Valve game?

Interesting experiment, this giveaway.

Me.

I had The Orange Box on 360 and Half-Life 2 gave me a massive headache every time I tried to play. I really don't want to try again yet. However I was a beast in Team Fortress 2 with a controller.

But I'm not going to enter, it'd be nice to see someone win it that has few/none of those.

Is there anyone in this thread that doesn't own every Valve game?

Interesting experiment, this giveaway.

I only own L4D2
:B1:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They are giving way a bunch of Devolver Digital codes tonight.
Okay that is entirely different. I'd be down for some Titan Souls, Hotline Miami 2, or The Talos Principle.

I had The Orange Box on 360 and Half-Life 2 gave me a massive headache every time I tried to play. I really don't want to try again yet.
Understandable. It is a pretty terrible game.

Me.

I had The Orange Box on 360 and Half-Life 2 gave me a massive headache every time I tried to play. I really don't want to try again yet. However I was a beast in Team Fortress 2 with a controller.

But I'm not going to enter, it'd be nice to see someone win it that has few/none of those.

I'm apparently missing Day of Defeat: Source... but that's it. And I'm not even really a fan of Valve games. :lol

Eanan

Alienware gave away 25 copies of that code last night on their twitch stream and there were maybe 40 people watching said stream. They are giving way a bunch of Devolver Digital codes tonight.

Im surprised Steamgifts didn't get wind of it and send all their zombie kleptomaniac users over to try and hoard up keys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, it is a different pack. But I have no clue if you get spare copies from that one. Would be nice to know.

You don't. The sub was originally a Half-Life 2 retail sub but was repurposed into a Valve publisher sub (presumably L4D3 will be added to it in due time). It's not a Valve Complete Pack key.

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF today i spent most of my day on our "family ranch" (it is not really ranch it is empty peace of land that we use for growing fruits and vegetables) and you need to pass through field showed below. It looks like fields from W1 and W3 :D You won't encounter Noonwraiths but you will find half inch bugs and snakes probably xD

Chariot

Hey SteamGAF today i spent most of my day on our "family ranch" (it is not really ranch it is empty peace of land that we use for growing fruits and vegetables) and you need to pass through field showed below. It looks like fields from W1 and W3 :D You won't encounter Noonwraiths but you will find half inch bugs and snakes probably xD
No noonwraiths anymore? Man, reality really got downgraded hard.

But seriously, looks nice.

yuraya

It will spawn other Valve games eventually?
If so, I could re-enter it, at least L3D3 is a sure thing.

The chances of Valve releasing a nonF2P game in the future are probably 0.001% so you shouldn't get your hopes up.

Even the new Left4Dead game will probably be an f2p zombie tower defense game tied around the steam platform. It will have competitive mode, cases, keys and require you to play thousands of hours before becoming good. The formula for them works too well. They won't ever abandon it imo. They are building their platform around their games. $60 titles just won't do that in this day n age.

Maniac

Banned
But so worth it :)

Luckily the only enemies are humanoids, so you can parry most attacks. I found that fighting high level humanoid enemies is a lot easier than high level monsters.

Definitely. Without the NPCs I would've never managed though. Had I had more than one or two on me at a time I would've been fucked. Good thing they distracted some for me.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Residue -- MB-E60C773E061B1FD7 - Taken by chronomac
Project Temporality -- MB-A68C3FA47DB1D076 - Taken by anastef
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-25643C7572F45AF3 - Taken by Purkake4
Hare In The Hat -- MB-B60020508D4F3368 - Taken by nightstorm
Albino Hunter -- MB-490CADE20592D4FB - Taken by Eila
Wooden Floor -- MB-13F897D93D569CFA - Taken by Kifimbo
Fortune's Tavern -- MB-09F90C0FD346E225 - Taken by rainking187
A Game of Dwarves -- MB-5A7F1822A01075D8 - Taken by SSPssp
Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-C9F6AD8568F4305D - Taken by Mixed2k
Shin Samurai Jazz -- MB-B03E160FF6DAAEF7 - Taken by Diedac
The Book of Legends -- MB-E917D9EB8A6566AF - Taken by ExoSoul

Even though i think that Lily is such a great goofy companion, I look forward to getting Boone back in my squad. maybe i'll even take him to the Legion camp before I wrap up New Vegas, just to let him get that off his chest.

that photo is missing an E.

An E is the mirror image for the number 3.

there are 3 creatures in that photo.

did they just announce HL3?

Maniac

Banned
I'm of mixed feelings. I would love a game that's even more focused on dectectivery and monster hunting.

That's how I feel, too. Hence why I would love a game about one of the Witcher schools in their prime. Or maybe restoring Witcher schools; regardless, I just want to play as a Witcher and not have some super-important main-mission, and just spend my time... Witchering.

Ofcourse that's kind of what I'm doing in TW3, but even more of it, and more in-depth, detailed and focused on Witcher work, and I would... Cum so hard. I want another Witcher game, but I don't at all mind waiting a loooong time. Cyberpunk is hopefully great, too.
Even though i think that Lily is such a great goofy companion, I look forward to getting Boone back in my squad. maybe i'll even take him to the Legion camp before I wrap up New Vegas, just to let him get that off his chest.

that photo is missing an E.

An E is the mirror image for the number 3.

there are 3 creatures in that photo.

did they just announce HL3?
Herpa derp derp

Amzin

Maybe they're trying to combat people buying it cheaper from other regions by making sure no one from any region will buy it?

Salsa

eh that can't be right

I mean yeah they sometimes fuck brazil kinda or go nuts on countries when they can be cheaper for people outside of it but there's no way they're charging that for Brazil on release, effectively alienating an entire country worth of sales

for comparison The Witcher 3 on brazilian steam is 99 reais now, that's less than half, and it was cheaper before

maybe they're doing this only this early on purpose to keep sneaky out of region buyers away

Maybe they're trying to combat people buying it cheaper from other regions by making sure no one from any region will buy it?

yeah

I just expect it to go down to at least half once a release date is announced

cause otherwise.. wat

eh that can't be right

I mean yeah they sometimes fuck brazil kinda or go nuts on countries when they can be cheaper for people outside of it but there's no way they're charging that for Brazil on release

for comparison The Witcher 3 on steam is 99 reais, and it was cheaper before

I think MKX was the same and later they lowered the price after some backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom