• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelf

I see you can customize your Discovery Queue now to exclude certain tags. But it turns out it just puts stuff with the excluded tags at the end of the queue. Either way, kinda cool.

I don't see that as a major issue, If I ever look through so many games that my queue starts filling up with visual novels again I'll take that as a sign to give it a rest for while until there are more games released to bury them at the back once more.

Phinor

Just got an email from PayPal outright stating when the summer sale is. Got to admire how much they don't seem to give a damn XD

Maybe they realize Steam summer sale is no longer an event. No daily deals, deals in general are slightly worse than before, it pretty much begins one day and because nothing changes throughout the sale, it might as well end the same day.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Deer with a santa hat -- MB-FE6C7CAAA5A6BF19 - Taken by voodooray
Old-school platformer -- MB-BA99809541B4C9B0 - Taken by Hakkelus
3-player TD -- MB-3B83C03DFEB61B72 - Taken by fuzzy123
Bad physics, red everywhere -- MB-96E3F131FF3C10CA - Taken by jgalat
F2P lamesauce moba -- MB-0A4BFB39F39EFE0B - Taken by ThirtyFour

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Old-school platformer was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 3-player TD was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bad physics, red everywhere was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for F2P lamesauce moba was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Knurek

One of my HDDs suffered a failure today. 2TB of data, including a lot of Steam games.
Started working when I rebooted the system, but still, ordered a new 4TB one. Crossing fingers the old one will work for the next two days and will allow me to backup the contents.

Either way, €150 I won't be able to spend on Summer Seal. :(

The thing is, that Romance of the Three Kingdoms is expensive AF in China, where it sells the best.

It costs 52€ and thats quite much for a game there...

derExperte

Why are LEGO Star Wars TFA, Zero Time Dilemma and BoxBoxBoy! coming out within three days and all during summer sale? :(

And Mighty No. 9 two days before.

I sold all my summer sale cards for 0.15€. I should probably have waited until the actual start of the sale.

The last couple of sales have shown that that would probably have been the wrong decision, sale cards only go down the second the sale starts.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A good survival horror game -- MB-97395E421985C8F1 - Taken by Dice. 11 entrants total.

t1466087002z1.png

Not another Clicker Game.

Would be nice if they would offer a "normal" game. The clicker game was a lot of luck if you care for the last badge whether you were in a good group or not.
Was nice to see that Valve actually acknowlegded the hacks/cheats though and reacted to that.

Should have put their time into working on fixing Steam bugs though...

Clicker games are so 2015. Valve will make us play a survival game this time. Think Battle Royale.

If you lose, Valve deletes all your games from your account.

kionedrik

Sorry if this was asked before but do we know if the next summer sale will have a return of the daily/rotation discounts or will it keep the same structure of the last winter sale?

Kifimbo

Sorry if this was asked before but do we know if the next summer sale will have a return of the daily/rotation discounts or will it keep the same structure of the last winter sale?

Don't know if we got a definitive answer to this, but it will likely be the same as the Winter sale, since it was apparently a better formula.

*back slowly out of gaming-side, fearful of my Junior status*

I need details before I know whether to accept you openly in Community embrace or tell you to fling yourself headlong into the pits of ban hell.

EDIT: I should clarify.

If you were posting racist/homophobic/xenophobic/anti-"SJW" stuff, I'd think, "Well, maybe if this person gives some games away or fakes an illness, they'd be OK to come back to SteamGAF."

But if you were doing something like suggesting D.Va sucks as a character in Overwatch, you can be perma'ed for all I care with that nonsense.

Pixieking

Banned
Don't back up too far or you'll land in OT. And you don't want that. Ever.

Hey, I've read some good threads in OT... I'll stick to the threads about the US presidential elections and kittens, and I'll be safe.

Right?

I need details before I know whether to accept you openly in Community embrace or tell you to fling yourself headlong into the pits of ban hell.

EDIT: I should clarify.

If you were posting racist/homophobic/xenophobic/anti-"SJW" stuff, I'd think, "Well, maybe if this person gives some games away or fakes an illness, they'd be OK to come back to SteamGAF."

But if you were doing something like suggesting D.Va sucks as a character in Overwatch, you can be perma'ed for all I care with that nonsense.

Oh, no, not either of those - I've been posting in the Phil Harrison/Xbox/UWP threads. Console wars are scary! :p

Arthea

steamgaf, can you remove games from your wishlist?
I can't for some reason.

Hey, I've read some good threads in OT... I'll stick to the threads about the US presidential elections and kittens, and I'll be safe.

Right?

good threads in OT? Are you from an alternative universe too?

Javier23

Banned
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VF6A5JE/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Uplay - Rainbow Six Siege $15

Surely this is a price error mixed up with the starter version somehow ala Hitman, right? Doesn't look like they even have that but what an odd deep discount.
I already have the Started Edition on Steam. Can I somehow use this in order to unlock the rest of the characters on that version? I'm enjoying the game and it'd be a lot cheaper than paying for the gold required inside the game.

Card Boy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Gez:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Mojang key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Scrolls -- MB-66FAC8F949A9A93C - Taken by Deques

Scrolls key if anyone wants to try the game before it shuts down. Amazing TCG and sad its time is almost over.

Jadax

Scrolls key if anyone wants to try the game before it shuts down. Amazing TCG and sad its time is almost over.

Wait what, wasn't Scrolls the hyped-about Mojang game that took ages to develop? And now they're shutting it down.

I assume competition from Hearthstone hurt them - but didn't expect it to be so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom