• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

So I got 2 foils idling a good bundle of bundle junk.
One worth 0.09 and another one worth 0.11.

I might just turn them into 80 gems =/

Compsiox

Banned
Today on Steam:
cil4Eyc.png

Granjinha

I'm seeing the giantbomb interview with Spencer and man, lol @ him dissing the shadowrun fps

'Shadowrun shouldn't have been a FPS. It should have been an RPG. It's a RPG IP'.

Not sure if this bundle has been mentioned yet.

https://www.gamebundle.com/gb/gamebundle/

$1
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games
Space Station Alpha
Story of the Survivor

BTA
Velocibox
Expert Rifleman - Reloaded
Top Hat

BTA + $0,50
Juju
League of Mermaids
Victory at Sea

Juju is a pretty decent platformer by Flying Wild Hog (Hard Reset, Shadow Warrior) that takes some inspiration from Donkey Kong Country. Worth the price of the bundle.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I see you can customize your Discovery Queue now to exclude certain tags. But it turns out it just puts stuff with the excluded tags at the end of the queue. Either way, kinda cool.

yuraya

hehe Phil Spencer on the Giantbomb show joking about Steam and Windows 10 store.

"I think Steam is doing just fine without Quantum Break"

LOL at least he has a great sense of humor.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
wait what

that's not what excluding means lol

Well by "the end of your queue" I mean "after you've gone through every other product on the store, you'll still see these things after those." It's better than nothing, but I agree it's not exactly excluding anything.

If I had to guess, they wanted to give users more freedom over their queue without explicitly excluding things based on user-generated tags, which would probably piss off developers.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well by "the end of your queue" I mean "after you've gone through every other product on the store, you'll still see these things after those." It's better than nothing, but I agree it's not exactly excluding anything.

If I had to guess, they wanted to give users more freedom over their queue without explicitly excluding things based on user-generated tags, which would probably piss off developers.

oh yeah that makes much more sense

that's perfectly fine, it's a very good addition by valve then

SEE YOU IN HELL RACING AND FIGHTING GAMES

Khronico

I take everything I said about xcom 2 being fine performance/bug wise.

This game is a mess.

10/10 when it works but it's kinda a trainwreck.

Tons of camera issues and performance issues that are greatly hampering the experience.

mp1990

Banned
I take everything I said about xcom 2 being fine performance/bug wise.

This game is a mess.

10/10 when it works but it's kinda a trainwreck.

Tons of camera issues and performance issues that are greatly hampering the experience.

One would've have thought that they got those problems fixed by now, 4 months after release. That's really disappointing to hear, but at least I won't feel guilty about skipping it during Summer Sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
this doesn't happen for console games

must suck to spend two thousand dollars on a computer only to have to manually download and install dozens of patchers and drivers just to get a game to run

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a run down of Klei's new Space game?

There's not much information about Oxygen Not Included other than the E3 trailer. Even the steam description is pretty barren:

Oxygen Not Included is a space-colony simulation game. Manage your colonists and help them dig, build and maintain a subterranean asteroid base.

You'll need water, warmth, food, and oxygen to keep them alive, and even more than that to keep them happy.

Klei might be the most consistent indie dev out there.

On the other end Ubisoft still has some strong hooks for me. Dogs 2 and Wildlands looks pretty fun, especially Dogs.

I'm tagging my post as anime. Because I can.
so lets talk about the major shift CoD is taking

fucking space dogfights

anyone else think that's fucking sweet?

I kinda assumed that was just going to be a brief, scripted setpiece moment in the campaign, and nothing more.

Corpekata

Banned
I still remain skeptical as to how of that space stuff is actually controlled by the player. The trailer almost gives off the impression of choosing your missions or that like you're choosing how to engage and when to get off but something tells me that's not up to you and it'll be more or less a cool lookin set piece and nothing more.

Imagine if Valve released a clicker called Valve Time. They could then leverage all of the mentions online to make themselves even more money, somehow.
you're gonna bring donw my high aren't you?

i just think ti's neat that they decided to go batshit

I'm saving my excitement for the Call of Duty: Superhero game that is pretty much inevitable. I give it T-minus 3 years.

mp1990

Banned
so lets talk about the major shift CoD is taking

fucking space dogfights

anyone else think that's fucking sweet?
Not sure if it happened to anyone else here, but it took me about 2 minutes to realize that the trailer for a FPS set on space shown in the Sony conference was COD, and I think that it's a pretty good thing. In regards to the space fights, I don't think they'll be anything but setpieces at particular moments, but the whole trailer left a very good impression on me. I really enjoyed Advanced Warfare's campaign, so hopefully this one will be just as good (I think the same developer behind AW is doing this one? idk CoD development rotation is a mess)

Not sure if it happened to anyone else here, but it took me about 2 minutes to realize that the trailer for a FPS set on space shown in the Sony conference was COD, and I think that it's a pretty good thing. In regards to the space fights, I don't think they'll be anything but setpieces at particular moments, but the whole trailer left a very good impression on me. I really enjoyed Advanced Warfare's campaign, so hopefully this one will be just as good (I think the same developer behind AW is doing this one? idk CoD development rotation is a mess)

It was a confusing trailer, mostly because there was a really bad (i.e. nonexistent) transition between the VR and COD segments. Myself, and the Giant Bomb crew whose stream I was watching it from, thought it was going to be a COD VR reveal until the very end when they didn't mention it at all.

More than anything, space COD just makes me want to see a COD/Waframe crossover. The Tenno would win, but I want to know how quickly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im surprised One Piece is such a horror show of a port when it has very positive reviews on steam, which usually ripps apart bad ports.

Messiah

Im surprised One Piece is such a horror show of a port when it has very positive reviews on steam, which usually ripps apart bad ports.

Koei Tecmo has a surprisingly big defense force. Couple that with a popular IP like One Piece and there you go.

Odds that the Total Warhammer Chaos DLC will be on sale during the seal? Less than zero, you say? Well dammit...

Man I hope the zombie survival fad dies off soon. (I say, while currently playing a campaign of Total Warhammer as the zombie-licious Vampire Counts. Which reminds me, I should really upgrade my zombies.)

you're gonna bring donw my high aren't you?

i just think ti's neat that they decided to go batshit

Going from fleet management (with implied quest systems) to dogfighting to spacewalk firefights on the ship exterior to full on FPS in the ship itself back to dogfighting...

Holy fucking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom