• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Wait what, wasn't Scrolls the hyped-about Mojang game that took ages to develop? And now they're shutting it down.

I assume competition from Hearthstone hurt them - but didn't expect it to be so bad.

As soon as Hearthstone was announced all the momentum Scrolls had built up was killed. This was back in early 2014. It's a really good game but Scrolls cost $15 before Hearthstone come onto the scene. They announced they where shutting it down about a year ago.

EDIT: I should clarify.

If you were posting racist/homophobic/xenophobic/anti-"SJW" stuff, I'd think, "Well, maybe if this person gives some games away or fakes an illness, they'd be OK to come back to SteamGAF."

dead2.gif

Not a huge performance boost, but still shitty of them to do. Why bother though, really. For sure they were going to get caught once people get their cards and compare them to review cards, no?
To beat other competing manufacturers in reviews of course, they were counting on reviewers to focus only on FPS, not clock speed, and they almost succeeded.
good threads in OT? Are you from an alternative universe too?
Off topics is fun

I need details before I know whether to accept you openly in Community embrace or tell you to fling yourself headlong into the pits of ban hell.

If you were posting racist/homophobic/xenophobic/anti-"SJW" stuff, I'd think, "Well, maybe if this person gives some games away or fakes an illness, they'd be OK to come back to SteamGAF."

But if you were doing something like suggesting D.Va sucks as a character in Overwatch, you can be perma'ed for all I care with that nonsense.

But D.Va sucks!

I'm on mobile so can't get a screen grab but Romance Of The Three Kingdoms 13 is the Top Seller on Steam?? Jeez man, who woulda thunk that game would be selling like hot cakes right now.

EDIT: Looks like a Korean patch was released for it. Guess the Koreans were fiending for this game for the longest.

gabbo

To beat other competing manufacturers in reviews of course, they were counting on reviewers to focus only on FPS, not clock speed, and they almost succeeded.

Too bad FPS is rarely what I actually care about in a review at the end of the day between manufacturers of the same card.

derExperte

Joe Hart is good they said. English goalkeeping has improved they said. This will be the year they said.

Still can't deal with Bale's mean mug.

Jadax

Joe Hart is good they said. English goalkeeping has improved they said. This will be the year they said.

Still can't deal with Bale's mean mug.

Want Wales to win, stick it to all the smug English commentators + casters + fans.

Having the best league in the world don't mean shit when your national team is pants.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
There are not enough gifs or reaction pics in the whole internet to express my distaste for this post and how disappointed I'm at you.
As a D.Va main, she kinda is bad at the moment.
I still get kills and a lot of gold medals n' shit but she really is one of the worst characters right now.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Agreed. She's not completely under-powered, but she needs a slight buff somewhere.
Reduce the dmg falloff somewhat so that I can easier continue playing her as a tanky tracer.

People in higher skill levels has learned that you just have to run away from me when I flank them.

mp1990

Banned
As a D.Va main, she kinda is bad at the moment.
I still get kills and a lot of gold medals n' shit but she really is one of the worst characters right now.
I agree, she's my main as well but it's more because she's really fun to play with
(and also really cute :V)
than the metagame itself, I don't care much about that as long as I keep doing well with her. That might change when ranked hits though, I'll have to try someone else.

But I don't think this is the place to discuss Overwatch :p

D.Va needs better range, then she can do some serious damage.

This too. At close quarters she's a beast, but she can barely scratch the surface of anything a few meters away from her :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I already have the Started Edition on Steam. Can I somehow use this in order to unlock the rest of the characters on that version? I'm enjoying the game and it'd be a lot cheaper than paying for the gold required inside the game.

Uplay games and the Steam versions thereof are technically separate apps. Registering the key would just result in a duplicate library entry within Uplay.

sanhora

Im surprised One Piece is such a horror show of a port when it has very positive reviews on steam, which usually ripps apart bad ports.
Calling it a horror show of a port is way exeggerated, it's not even close to being Dark Souls or Tales of Symphonia levels of bad.
I've played it for almost 80 hours and had exactly 0 crashes on both AMD and Nvidia GPUs. The game also runs at a steady 60fps even on modest hardware.
The only big downsides are the 1080p cap, which only matters if you are part of the less than 5% of Steam users who have such monitors, and the obviously downgraded visuals that they never bothered patching, which is certainly pretty scummy.

It's not hard to see why One Piece fans would see the port mostly as a positive when the alternative in the past has been not being able to play these on PC at all.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I need details before I know whether to accept you openly in Community embrace or tell you to fling yourself headlong into the pits of ban hell.

But if you were doing something like suggesting D.Va sucks as a character in Overwatch, you can be perma'ed for all I care with that nonsense.

CXUN3mC.jpg

Parsnip

steamgaf, can you remove games from your wishlist?
I can't for some reason.
If you are using the old Firefox version of Enhanced Steam, disable it. It somehow interferes with the 'remove' button on the wishlist page.

Can't wait for the WebExtensions version.

PaulSane

So, there is this certain game i was anticipating that is coming out on Steam soon, i applied for it's beta, didn't get invited (or so i thought). Yesterday, i got an e-mail saying that "The beta ends soon" - and sure enough, i found an invitation e-mail in my inbox dating 27th of May buried among a ton of steam e-mails about selling stuff on the market...
I think i need a separate mail address for Steam now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom