• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Have the day off work - think to myself "I should catch up on the last few episodes of Hitman".

Servers are offline for maintenance.

The problem with "always online" isn't that I have a flakey connection, it's that shit like this happens when I finally have time to play a game. Deleted.

i-hqVnV7p-2100x20000.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
Have the day off work - think to myself "I should catch up on the last few episodes of Hitman".

Servers are offline for maintenance.

The problem with "always online" isn't that I have a flakey connection, it's that shit like this happens when I finally have time to play a game. Deleted.
Well, you can still play it. It will have some dumb limitations but it is playable.

data

Man, I don't want to buy on Steam anymore. Really don't like that you don't get a DRM free copy. Was going to buy Pillars of Eternity but then I thought "It's on Steam, so never mind". Really hope GOG gets atleast half of my library with GOG connect.

Man, I don't want to buy on Steam anymore. Really don't like that you don't get a DRM free copy. Was going to buy Pillars of Eternity but then I thought "It's on Steam, so never mind". Really hope GOG gets atleast half of my library with GOG connect.

You can always buy from Humble Store. A lot Humble Store games come with both Steam keys and DRM-free copies.

madjoki

Pillars of Eternity on Steam is DRM-Free tho. (Unless you count as having to download via Steam as DRM).

You know that there's DRM free games on Steam ?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I'd buy more from GOG if they didn't lock my games behind an account wall.

data

Oh shit, the Baldur Gate EE's are DRM free?

and the Half-Life games? That's weird. Those are the last ones I'd expect to be DRM-Free

Saty

https://globenewswire.com/news-rele...first-week-in-the-no-1-position-on-Steam.html

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/275458/Dead_By_Daylight_sells_over_270000_in_first_week.php
Starbreeze recoups its development costs and validates its business model

PRESS RELEASE, STOCKHOLM (June 21, 2016) - Starbreeze AB together with Canadian studio Behaviour Digital Inc. announced today that the highly anticipated asymmetrical horror game Dead by Daylight has sold more than 270.000 units during its first week since release, subsequently recouping Starbreeze development cost and beyond. Released on June 14, 2016, the game has since then kept its no.1 position on Steams sales charts.

"We couldn't be happier to release Dead by Daylight as our first publishing partnership together with Behaviour" said Bo Andersson Klint, Starbreeze Studios CEO. "With this launch, we've proven that the concept we've developed with our own PAYDAY-franchise, can be replicated and utilized for other games. Taking the game to different events and seeing it on the top 5 most streamed titles on Twitch has been a thrill and a real ticket to the games success as a spectator friendly game. We look forward to seeing the game evolve and thrive in the community."

"Our partnership with Starbreeze has been a great fit from the get go, they believed in our vision and gave us the creative freedom and support needed to make a massive statement out of the gate" said Rémi Racine, CEO of Behaviour Interactive. "Behaviour Digital is a new studio where we invest in our own future, with Dead by Daylight being our first release, we couldn't be prouder; we have been developing concepts around this theme for many years now and it's great to trail blaze in this space. From the beginning, we conceived Dead by Daylight to be a community focused game, but the engagement from our players has been fantastic."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom