• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

savage.png

From one blue bomba to another.

Steam Summer Sale 2016 |OT| It's better than nothing

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Yo, Drawful 2 just came out earlier today. Who's up for a game night?

You don't need to own the game to play!

header.jpg

The stream will be at http://www.hitbox.tv/DongsMacabre

How it works:
- I own the game
- I stream it
- Everyone can play through their browser or mobile device by going to jackbox.tv

Drawful 2 Features:
- TWO colours!
- Custom prompts!
- Audience support!

Rules:
- If you're going to draw dicks, at least make them look nice.

t1466535600z4.png

I'm about to start! The stream is at http://www.hitbox.tv/DongsMacabre

Tizoc

For reals though, I'd as sooner trust an S-E port than I would a KOEI Tecmo/Omega Force port of their Musou games.
I'd like to be proven wrong though....

One per tier.

Also, after buying and redeeming it, I now officially own too many damn games.

5OmCqbL.png

I mean, I know it's nothing compared to some of you guys but still. That's a lot of games I'll never play...

There are definitely some heavy numbers people sport around here, but having 1k isn't measly either.

I'm closing in on it soon, I think. Last I checked, I was in the 900s, but I've been avoiding +1s for a while now and only pick things up if I think I'll actually play it; whether or not I realistically will or not is for a different self-evaluation.

I think I am not going to get anything in the sale this year. Not for money or backlog reasons I just want to see if I can still do that.

Like a test of will. Me versus a digital distribution service.

FLD

There are definitely some heavy numbers people sport around here, but having 1k isn't measly either.

I'm closing in on it soon, I think. Last I checked, I was in the 900s, but I've been avoiding +1s for a while now and only pick things up if I think I'll actually play it; whether or not I realistically will or not is for a different self-evaluation.

I actually never bought anything solely for the +1 but when I first started getting into Steam sales (around 2009, when I built my first PC), I had a phase where I'd buy anything that looked even remotely interesting if it was dirt cheap. Ended up buying a lot of obscure indies that way. After a while I realized I was never actually playing them so I stopped.

These days the only trash I buy is when it's included in a bundle that has at least 2-3 games I actually want. It took me way longer to go from ~600 to 1000 than it did going from 0 to 600. I don't expect I'll ever reach 2000.

Ascheroth

I actually never bought anything solely for the +1 but when I first started getting into Steam sales (around 2009, when I built my first PC), I had a phase where I'd buy anything that looked even remotely interesting if it was dirt cheap. Ended up buying a lot of obscure indies that way. After a while I realized I was never actually playing them so I stopped.

These days the only trash I buy is when it's included in a bundle that has at least 2-3 games I actually want. It took me way longer to go from ~600 to 1000 than it did going from 0 to 600. I don't expect I'll ever reach 2000.

That sounds familiar.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ah well, that was kind of a bust. I'll probably do a game night soon at the usual time we used to do them (6pm Pacific), since that's probably a better time for most people.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX is 77% off because of the Mno9 trainwreck: http://store.steampowered.com/app/315340/

A "Mighty" discount! 77% off today

Waiting is hard, so is being a believer. So in honor of the over funded attempt to resurrect one of our favorite franchises anew, we are offering an even better option, on sale even!

So for those who have been waiting for today as long as we have, and are looking for an alternative, we have decided to give a one day discount to our game at 77% off for A.R.E.S. EX to show our appreciation of retrovania games.

Bought!

MadGear

It really seems like the "new direction" with Dawn of War 3 is rubbing people the wrong way. I can get why people heavily invested in the lore of this universe are a bit annoyed by Gabriel Angelos leaping in his terminator armor, effectively putting the Emperor himself to shame, but in my heretic opinion it creates a very cool and iconic picture. Yes its not "down to earth" in terms of logic and lore of that universe but seriously, I couldn't care less about it if it makes for a fun addition to that game (and I'm very excited for a potentially good RTS). The one thing I really dislike however are the overblown effects. They claim to have used the stylized look of the game to improve clarity but with these effects they pretty much contradict themselves. But oh well, if they don't tone it down I bet there will be an option to reduce effect quality.

And then I have watched some gameplay of Inquisitor Martyr ... boy, does this game look slooow. I always thought the Sacred series was slow but comparing the two Sacred feels like 150cc while this is just 50cc. They also seem to make a big deal about being able to blow up cover while enemies or the player never seem to use cover at all. Its obviously way too early to judge but I really hope they improve on some of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom