• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm Sonic Adventure 2 and Lost World are the only two I don't have and they are both in the "nope, too much" tier.

That t-shirt is going to completely screw up BTA isn't it?

More people should check out the Sonic CD port. It's amazing.

If you need a little help. Quote this post.

Apparently the bundle also includes a few Archie Sonic comics. Pretty cool.

cBLYsQq.png

Wut. By paying 10$ for Tier 3 you get more games than paying 13$ for Tier 2 o_O
More people should check out the Sonic CD port. It's amazing.

If you need a little help. Quote this post.
I didn't go fast enough for this. Clearly not worthy of Sonic.

Five: The Guardians of David is an Action RPG set in the Old Testament of the Bible. The aforementioned Five are David's Most loyal warriors who are tasked by David to go around killing all opposition Old Testament style. I never paid a lot of attention in religious classes but it seems like a very close re-telling of the story of David, even Goliath makes an appearance.

Very early in the game you gain access to all 5 characters and their varying play styles. Most of the time all five are on the battlefield at the same time each with varying and deep skill sets and detailed skill trees. There is an archer, a two-handed weapon guy, a spear guy, a sword and board tanky guy and a slinger. I mainly used the spear guy but the computer is very capable of controlling the other four alongside you though they will never do as much damage as the one you control. With all five in the field that game is quite easy, I didn't die once on medium unless it was a boss fight where you are routinely reduced to one character and those still aren't particularly challenging once you notice the mechanics.

The story is told in engine and in a series of very good comic scenes all voice acted. In fact for what is a modest game in the nicest sense, the art and amount of gear is very generous. The game runs very well and the only bug I ran into was on the last boss fight where all the characters got knocked out of the arena and I had to reload. It's clear a lot of effort went into this.

Probably the only weakness is the questing. Almost every quest can be summed up as kill x number of people or destroy x number of things then kill the boss. A little more variety would have been nice.

Five is a very decent and unique addition to the ARPG genre. For it's price you'll get a game that compares very favourably to other efforts at this level.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Neverwinter Adventurer's Helper Pack + Exclusive Lord of the Labyrinth Title -- MB-EB575BD4CED1940D - Taken by Eila
WildStar E3 Pack -- MB-3A63F974DA4EC2F1 - Taken by jesusraz
Armoured Warfare E3 Pack -- MB-6FBD3932F86D9471
Pathfinder Adventures - 40 Chests -- MB-ECA9894E8AD4A4AE - Taken by SirKhalid
Warframe PC Booster Pack -- MB-889F62F37E7D8F34 - Taken by Glitchesarecool
Twitch Turbo -- MB-22F0C3EFE1850210 - Taken by Sammichu

Neverwinter key expires on September 30, 2016
Twitch Turbo code expires September 1st, 2016
Warframe key expires on Febuary 1st, 2017
Wildstar key expires on June 13, 2017

Eila

Welp, it's a single key for tier 1. Do I assume it's the same for BTA and $10 tiers? They did it with their past Sega bundle, too.

Five: The Guardians of David is an Action RPG set in the Old Testament of the Bible. The aforementioned Five are David's Most loyal warriors who are tasked by David to go around killing all opposition Old Testament style. I never paid a lot of attention in religious classes but it seems like a very close re-telling of the story of David, even Goliath makes an appearance.

Very early in the game you gain access to all 5 characters and their varying play styles. Most of the time all five are on the battlefield at the same time each with varying and deep skill sets and detailed skill trees. There is an archer, a two-handed weapon guy, a spear guy, a sword and board tanky guy and a slinger. I mainly used the spear guy but the computer is very capable of controlling the other four alongside you though they will never do as much damage as the one you control. With all five in the field that game is quite easy, I didn't die once on medium unless it was a boss fight where you are routinely reduced to one character and those still aren't particularly challenging once you notice the mechanics.

The story is told in engine and in a series of very good comic scenes all voice acted. In fact for what is a modest game in the nicest sense, the art and amount of gear is very generous. The game runs very well and the only bug I ran into was on the last boss fight where all the characters got knocked out of the arena and I had to reload. It's clear a lot of effort went into this.

Probably the only weakness is the questing. Almost every quest can be summed up as kill x number of people or destroy x number of things then kill the boss. A little more variety would have been nice.

Five is a very decent and unique addition to the ARPG genre. For it's price you'll get a game that compares very favourably to other efforts at this level.

Thanks for the impressions, I love ARPGs so I'll give it a try... when Rocket League allows... .____.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have them all except Lost World. Doesn't seem like a bad snag for $10 but now is not the time for me.

Phawx

holy shit. The BTA is now *higher* than the top tier. Seems like people are going crazy for that tshirt.

Edit: Thankfully I'm only missing Sonic Lost World, so I can wait for that to drop by itself.

Monooboe

Damn, I'm without a phone for a couple of weeks, means I can't sell any cards on Steam and if I would remove the phone auth, I still would be closed from the market for some time right?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Yo, Drawful 2 just came out earlier today. Who's up for a game night?

You don't need to own the game to play!

header.jpg

The stream will be at http://www.hitbox.tv/DongsMacabre

How it works:
- I own the game
- I stream it
- Everyone can play through their browser or mobile device by going to jackbox.tv

Drawful 2 Features:
- TWO colours!
- Custom prompts!
- Audience support!

Rules:
- If you're going to draw dicks, at least make them look nice.

t1466535600z4.png

Hopefully, Spinball will be added.

EDIT: Also, it seems that even if I sell my cards directly from the Steam App on my phone, I still have to go to the Confirmation page. That makes sense????

GaussTek

So, I'm guessing the Sonic Bundle isn't really "live" yet, right? You can't see the tab if you go directly to the main HB page and that BTA is crazy...

I'll just wait 3 hours when they normally go live, and see if the avg goes down, if not, I guess I'll just get the $10 tier, even though I'm only missing Lost World and the old Genesis/CD ones :/

madjoki

So, I'm guessing the Sonic Bundle isn't really "live" yet, right? You can't see the tab if you go directly to the main HB page and that BTA is crazy...

I'll just wait 3 hours when they normally go live, and see if the avg goes down, if not, I guess I'll just get the $10 tier, even though I'm only missing Lost World and the old Genesis/CD ones :/

Yes, it's special pre-release link (?view= part).

But I don't understand why it's impossible to know which keys are leaked or not. Aren't keys tied to each transactions? Don't they log that?
Yea, this is what I am thinking. I thought most devs/pubs/sellers log their keys to transactions/giveaways.

I guess the point is that G2A kind of encourages this type of business. No regular key store has issues one hundredth of the scale G2A has but G2A has two answers to this: customers should pay us extra money for protection against scamming that happens in their service daily and for developers/publishers: join us, because that will surely fix everything.

Without G2A there wouldn't be nearly as much fraudulent purchases from developers because moving those keys on would be so much more difficult. Revoking only really hurts the end customer, the developer will still pay the huge chargeback bill and end up losing both money AND customers. Meanwhile G2A collects money from both sellers and buyers when all this is happening in their service.
I never really cared for the "without x then x wouldn't happen as much" argument. That's like saying bootleg anime dvds wouldn't be much of a thing if it wasnt for eBay. Couldnt they deactivate the keys, give those keys to G2A, and then G2A refunds the buyer and goes after the seller? So it makes G2A take the heat a little off the developer. The chargeback fees suck, yea. As for the "burning potential customers" I mean, there is a point where you have to draw a line. Do you want to do business or just please customers who used unauthorized retailers? Rebellion and Devolver Digital figured that out. They didn't get a cut on the reselling of the key and those customers would probably not have purchased the game legitimately until it reached that cheap price point.

No point of getting Hand of Fate on PC if I have it on PS4 already right?

Knurek

ZTD Famitsu score - 32/40

Either Spike Chunsoft didn't pay them enough, or it's a terrible game.

By comparison:

VLR: 34/40
999: 36/40

MUnited83

For you.
Yo, Drawful 2 just came out earlier today. Who's up for a game night?

You don't need to own the game to play!

header.jpg

The stream will be at http://www.hitbox.tv/DongsMacabre

How it works:
- I own the game
- I stream it
- Everyone can play through their browser or mobile device by going to jackbox.tv

Drawful 2 Features:
- TWO colours!
- Custom prompts!
- Audience support!

Rules:
- If you're going to draw dicks, at least make them look nice.

t1466535600z4.png

less gooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom