• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZTD Famitsu score - 32/40

Either Spike Chunsoft didn't pay them enough, or it's a terrible game.

By comparison:

VLR: 34/40
999: 36/40

32 is definitely a 'low' score for Famitsu, but if the other two games scored 34 and 36 then it's really not that far off. I think the series never really caught on in Japan, which is one of the main reasons it was dormant for so long.

Lain

uNvrmbk.jpg

Not wide enough still.

The Humble Sonic is now dead, lololooool

Haven't updated to 4? The new skin features don't look half bad.

Updated fooby with JSPlaylist instead of EsPlaylist for the main selection UI and it's great. One of the better playlist managers that isn't part of ColumnsUI imo.

I'll update, thanks :)

Phawx

I never really cared for the "without x then x wouldn't happen as much" argument. That's like saying bootleg anime dvds wouldn't be much of a thing if it wasnt for eBay.

As I understand it, Steam doesn't really have a fine grained method of determining *where* Steam keys go. It's up to the people who generate them to tag and see what's happening.

Even to the point of when they are activated, they don't even know *who* activated them. Just that they've been used or not.

Red Hood

Banned
cBLYsQq.png

Wut. By paying 10$ for Tier 3 you get more games than paying 13$ for Tier 2 o_O

I didn't go fast enough for this. Clearly not worthy of Sonic.

I've always wondered about this and it seems today it finally happened: What happens when the BTA exceeds tier 3? Because tier 3 always includes tier 1 and tier 2 (BTA), but in this case tier 2 is more than tier 3...

Pixieking

Banned
Edit: Removing the passive aggressive line here. Just annoyed. :p

Anyways... Do we have a time for the sale to start? I'm assuming the standard 10am Pacific, but that's in the evening here, so want to make sure.

Phinor

Couldnt they deactivate the keys, give those keys to G2A, and then G2A refunds the buyer and goes after the seller? So it makes G2A take the heat a little off the developer.

They could, but G2A wants protection money from customers to offer proper refunds and even then they have sometimes not refunded the purchase. It's called G2A shield, and it's a monthly fee. Plus I'm pretty sure G2A couldn't care less if some publisher hands them a list of revoked keys. They want publisher money and product, not to fix their issues.

The chargeback fees suck, yea.

Do you want to do business or just please customers who used unauthorized retailers?

They don't just suck, they can bankrupt an indie dev. Natural Selection 2 team got hit with $30000 in chargeback fees and that was only for 1300 copies of their game. Guess how happy their customers were when those keys were revoked?

Here's one of the issues: G2A is advertising everywhere, literally everywhere. They have ads in our movie theaters now. They are present at most gaming conventions, Twitch, even Neogaf has had G2A ads. Your average customer has no idea they are not legit considering how legit they look from all the advertising and being present everywhere. So at some point you can't just piss off customers because their keys have originally been bought with fraudulent credit cards. There's really no good solution to the issue other than to try to get people not to use G2A.

If you don't revoke the keys, G2A and their scammers grow stronger (buyer remains happy and will use the service again) and keep all the money and all you have is the chargeback fees. If you revoke the keys, you still lose money and most likely at least few customers but at least G2A might refund the order and the seller might get negative feedback so.. at least there's that. Then again you can just open a new account if you get too much negative feedback and the cycle continues.

Man, people really like to go on about Valve not releasing HL3 yet, don't they? How is that constructive in a thread about VR?

Valve is making a lot of promises about the future of VR. They did the same for Half Life. Customers who were let down have long memories.

Any clues what Vivendi plans to do after getting Ubi? I mean, wouldn't make much sense to shell out millions just to close shop.

It would if gutting the company and selling the pieces makes them a huge profit. Whatever the case, Vivendi isn't going to buy them to operate a video game company.

Pixieking

Banned
Completely forgot about this. That also makes me wonder if any devs / publishers are going to drop any surprises that launch during the Summer Sale. Doesn't happen often, but hope it does

Chime Sharp (Chime#) is due to be fully released (out of Early Access) in June, but I think the dev is smart enough to not release during the sale, so I'm betting it'll be postponed a couple of weeks.

When it does release, I'll throw my Kickstarter key to Modbot - the dev gave away a copy of the game on Twitter which I claimed, so my KS key (just the basic game) is redundant. :)

Valve is making a lot of promises about the future of VR. They did the same for Half Life. Customers who were let down have long memories.

Yeah? I mean, I get that, but it's two different things, and we all know the HL story will resolve eventually. And the Vive is out and amazing. Just seems a bit... much. But, *shrugs*

Pixieking

Banned
I doubt HL will ever be brought back. I wouldn't be surprised if most people feel the same.

Ehhhhh... I think the story will be resolved. That doesn't mean a game will be released, and tbh I'll be happy with that. There's quite a few things which have resolved stories outside of their initial format, and that's fine for me (Shepherd Book's story from Firefly, for instance).

Monooboe

Wait, why are GOG prices in dollars again?o_O Little tempted to get Shadowrun Hong Kong from there, only 6.99 dollars, I really doubt it will be better during the Steam sale... but having it on Steam might be worth the extra.

Ban Puncher

We can go wider.

0Kovy.jpg

UH OH!!

BIG!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ban Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH -- MB-44DEC7262F6DA938 - Taken by Barajas_201. 5 entrants total.
METAL SLUG 3 -- MB-E98DBC8D23CFED8F - Taken by Dice. 3 entrants total.
METAL SLUG X -- MB-5F1D0EA43C726747 - Taken by Large Professor. 5 entrants total.
METAL SLUG -- MB-AC668A5FF10CCB48 - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION -- MB-F8B196A5BB274A61 - Taken by InfiniteNine. 2 entrants total.

t1466528791z1.png

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sale is coming, this is for you, Gabe fans! -- MB-95D9F96F1F8008ED - Taken by Flips360. 9 entrants total.

t1466429190z1.png

The game was Heaven Island Life. It's a VR game and I don't own a Vive. Yet. Should've checked before I redeemed it.

Thanks anyway to whoever gave it away :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cant install it :(

It's not live everywhere.

AF Afghanistan
BD Bangladesh
BT Bhutan
BN Brunei Darussalam
KH Cambodia
CN China
HK Hong Kong
IN India