• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Never Alone has to be the 2D platformer with the worst controls in recent history. Aiming this boomerang thing with any accurancy is impossible with a controller (aiming and throwing mapped to one single analog stick is a brilliant idea!)...

Game is pretty glitchy as is, I'll just drop it. What a bummer, had pretty high expectations.

Ban Puncher

I used to look forward to new bundles of games from Humble, Indiegala, etc.

Now I delete their emails after skimming the topic.

gar3

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Frankenstein: Master of Death -- MB-18369013E51F58E9 - Taken by Saty

Bohemia Interactive just tweeted that the release date for the Arma 3 Apex expansion will be announced at the PC gaming show. So at least one good thing comes out of that.

derExperte

Not a price mistake. A single game has a discount which brings the bundle price down a bit more.

Still doesn't add up, the discounted game is 0,59€ while the bundle is 0,43€.

I doubt it's mistake. These are same publishers that used to sell games at few cents.
They just figured out new way to do, since Valve adopted min price of $0,49 for regular sales.

Interesting....

madjoki

Price mistake: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/498/

I'm seeing a 89% discount without owning any of the games.

I doubt it's mistake. These are same publishers that used to sell games at few cents.
They just figured out new way to do, since Valve adopted min price of $0,49 for regular sales.

There's others too:

Big Platformer Bundle
SHMUP Bundle
The Indie Platformers Bundle
Super Mega Bundle by New Reality Games
Back In Time Bundle
Godly Bundle
JRPG Love Happiness Bundle
Monster Mayhem Bundle
Interstellar Bundle
Fun with Physics Bundle
Pug Life Bundle
Puzzle Bundle

Looks like it contains:

I thought Be Mine was supposed to be the premiere Groupees bundle. This game looks like the developer just gave up a third of the way through

ss_32a1eb7f91599b4cc522cb9103d818bd5e18e930.jpg

Or is it supposed to be one of those ironically broken Goat Simulator type games? I can't even tell. It has over 5000 positive reviews though...

I thought Be Mine was supposed to be the premiere Groupees bundle. This game looks like the developer just gave up a third of the way through

Or is it supposed to be one of those ironically broken Goat Simulator type games? I can't even tell. It has over 5000 positive reviews though...

By most accounts I've heard, it's a legitimately fun game.

Annubis

There's others too:

Big Platformer Bundle
SHMUP Bundle
Back In Time Bundle
Godly Bundle
Monster Mayhem Bundle
Interstellar Bundle
Fun with Physics Bundle
Pug Life Bundle
Puzzle Bundle

Thanks for the heads-up. Got the JRPG one.

Arthea

are all steam bundles now gog style? Meaning games you have not included or still just selected ones?

Neat. No question this will come to PC albeit at a later point. Somehow have a feeling much less later than FFX-X2 did.

Do companies make more money with console versions than on PC? That would be a reason I could comprehend why PC versions so often come at a later point.

not that we really know, some games sell better on PC than on consoles, but overall we are cheapos, you know
and there are much more games on PC now, so selling good is not that easy

There's others too:

Big Platformer Bundle
SHMUP Bundle
Back In Time Bundle
Godly Bundle
Monster Mayhem Bundle
Interstellar Bundle
Fun with Physics Bundle
Pug Life Bundle
Puzzle Bundle
I can't find a way to make Enhanced Steam show price info upon hover similar to how it works on wishlists.

r3n4ud

By most accounts I've heard, it's a legitimately fun game.
I didn't enjoy what I played. Then again, I only played coop and was still in early access.

Baby crawls to drink cleaning products or ingest batteries, dad tries to stop him. But there was no actual way for dad to stop him besides standing in his way. May give it another shot some time. Pretty sure I missed something.

Tomasety

Still doesn't add up, the discounted game is 0,59€ while the bundle is 0,43€.

Interesting....

Thanks to Madjoki for explaining it to me.

Now 1 game has a discount of 40% off = 0.59€.
The Price of individual products is 3.57€ (0.99 +0.59 + 1.99). 88% of 3.57€ => 0.43€

But, 3.97€ is the price of the bundle itself (3 games without discount).

89% off 3.97 => 0.43€

So this is how it works. The system strikes percentage number first and adjust it as the result of calculating the final price of the MSRP bundle price.

gar3

Hi all,

I have a quick question. If this isn't the spot to discuss this let me know. I'm one of the few souls left on planet Earth who does not own a smart phone/cell phone. I like it this way, but what I don't like is I can't use the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator. I've seen others in the past discussing various ways to get around that and would like to know if there's been any other programs or developments recently that would help me to be able to use it without a smart phone. With the Steam Summer Sale approaching shortly I'd really like to be able to quickly trade and sell cards, ya know? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

MUnited83

For you.

It's a legitemately fun game. I'm surprised it's even getting bundled this soon considering how well it sold.

I didn't enjoy what I played. Then again, I only played coop and was still in early access.

Baby crawls to drink cleaning products or ingest batteries, dad tries to stop him. But there was no actual way for dad to stop him besides standing in his way. May give it another shot some time. Pretty sure I missed something.
You move stuff, as well as put it a closet or drawer and lock it with a key to make impossible for the baby to reach it. You can also put baby protectors on electric plugs and so on.

Hi all,

I have a quick question. If this isn't the spot to discuss this let me know. I'm one of the few souls left on planet Earth who does not own a smart phone/cell phone. I like it this way, but what I don't like is I can't use the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator. I've seen others in the past discussing various ways to get around that and would like to know if there's been any other programs or developments recently that would help me to be able to use it without a smart phone. With the Steam Summer Sale approaching shortly I'd really like to be able to quickly trade and sell cards, ya know? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
https://winauth.com/

It's a PC program which you can use as a Steam Authenticator.

Hi all,

I'm the same, though I do have a phone, it's secure due to work so no unauthorised apps. All the other options still seem to require the phone number.

Arthea

No. It's opt-in option for new bundle system. Older "bundles" are actually packages that grant license to multiple games. (Bundles grant separate licenses for each package included).

Bundles that don't include that option, can't be bought if you own any part eg. http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/439/

I see, thanks

https://winauth.com/

It's a PC program which you can use as a Steam Authenticator.

it would be wise to add, that it's not a security solution but rather liability.

it would be wise to add, that it's not a security solution but rather liability.
There's always a risk, yes but it's apparently Open-Source and free to check for everyone knowing what to look for.
It has always been open-source allowing everyone to inspect and review the code. A binary is provided, but the source code is always released simultaneously so that you can review the code and build it yourself.
I don't know about programming, so I can't check the code for malicious content.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
they're never gonna remove the requirements on selling an item while authenticating via steam mobile huh

Arthea

they're never gonna remove the requirements on selling an item while authenticating via steam mobile huh

of course! it's their solution to all customer support situation and a reason not to refund anything lost on hacked accounts.
They are not going to back down, unless we riot, and nobody will.
well, I would but ya

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Surprised they haven't reversed course on it. Sales must have taken a huge hit because it's such a pain to buy/sell.

Parsnip

Catching up on some overnight news, yay FF12.

I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the PC version of FF12 Remaster would be announced at the same time as the Western PS4 release and had a simultaneous release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom