• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatzCU

Rebirth is the original Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb "remake". Afterbirth is a expansion to Rebirth. I'd suggest to skip the original and go directly to Rebirth.

Alright cool, so I can consider 'Rebirth' as the base game at this point, and if I like it, buy Afterbirth as the expansion. Thanks!

Monooboe

I'm free! Finally decided to uninstall Fallout Shelter, felt little waste of time when I realized I couldn't get the last achivement without spending money on microtransactions.

Still, my GOTY so far haha, but that's because I haven't really played anything really this year so my list is quite sad.

Zeneric

So, when's the Steam summer sale you guys think? I idled a lot of games and obtained and sold 150 cards. 50-100 cards left to go. I'm almost ready.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I thought they were all very memorable and unique.

As they said, they were designed for co-op. I wish more Souls content was.

I'll just put this behind spoiler tags for anyone that has yet to play DSII's dlc, it contains area and boss spoilers.

The squad you fight at the end of the Cave of the Dead is the only one of the three I'm referring to that's really unique, and it's a decent fight in co-op. It's not fun if you're going in alone, though, and the area leading up to it isn't enjoyable at all due to the statues.

The Iron Passage is also annoying to go through, even in co-op. Barely anyone was playing SotFS when I was playing it, so it didn't make much of a difference anyway. The boss is a magic Smelter Demon with a slightly different moveset, which isn't really unique. It's only memorable because it's a variant of the Smelter Demon.

The Frigid Outskirts is a terrible location due to the frequent whiteout/blizzard. The area is only memorable due to this combined with the fact that you have to trudge through it every time you die to the bosses. Lud and Zallen are even more uninspired than blue Smelter as Aava is the first boss you fight in the same DLC.

Alonne was the only optional boss in the DLCs that I really liked, and the area leading up to him wasn't nearly as annoying as any of the others.

Lanrutcon

I will defend DS2 to my dying breath, but goddamn if some of those DLC fights were nothing but unpleasant slogfests. When I replay the game these days I don't even bother with the DLC. Too much hassle.

dex3108

Only thing that those negative reviews on Steam for GTA V did so far is increasing number of GTA V players.

DCjQnQmW0AAXY8H.jpg

DCjQn0jXcAA9jiO.jpg

Oh i forgot about that XD But again it also shows that people don't care in general. Everything looks like that MW2 boycott situation

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

I'm so fucking tired of that image. Like oh boy, 19 people didn't stand up to the boycott. What a surprise, some people don't. Ugh.

Just another way people like to belittle consumers for speaking their mind. :/

MUnited83

For you.
Oh i forgot about that XD But again it also shows that people don't care in general. Everything looks like that MW2 boycott situation

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

Unless you think the people playing the update are the same ones writing the reviews, that seems like a faulty thesis.

I wish Valve or someone would take it upon themselves to tag each unfinished game on steam with big ass yellow writing on the games page that the devs just chose to never finish the damn thing and are still charging for it. Looking at you Nier >.>

dex3108

Unless you think the people playing the update are the same ones writing the reviews, that seems like a faulty thesis.

Nah it is usually that way. General public doesn't care about things like this and i know that. And they are ones that Take2/Rockstar is aiming for. No matter how popular GTA V mods are only small part of the userbase cares about them. Whole this thing about GTA V since last gen console release is just sad to me. First PC version was released year and a half later, then R* abandoned singleplayer and now this mods thing really shows what their priorities are. I am really curious to see how deep they will go with RDR 2.

Durante

I'm so fucking tired of that image. Like oh boy, 19 people didn't stand up to the boycott. What a surprise, some people don't. Ugh.

Just another way people like to belittle consumers for speaking their mind. :/
I like when that image is posted, because the trajectory of CoD sales on PC since MW2 actually confirms that people will not put up with bs indefinitely, at least on PC.

dex3108

I like when that image is posted, because the trajectory of CoD sales on PC since MW2 actually confirms that people will not put up with bs indefinitely, at least on PC.

Well CoD is still released every year. We get Rockstar game every 3-4 years or more since Max Payne 3.

gabbo

This describes all video games since, christ, I don't know, Super Mario 64?
I know, I left it vague on purpose. Outside of saying I want branching storylines - ie if I fail a mission for reasons other than death (ie timer ran out, arrested) and having the story branch off to actually take my failure into account, progressing the story from that point - its hard to describe the other changes I had hoped would come in the sequels.

I know games in general rarely if ever have dynamic branching storylines, but it was always something I always felt the GTA games were artificially handicapped by. There are never setbacks, and the story path is always absolute - you don't have any impact on it what so ever. Am I asking too much from GTA? Maybe, but I'm not calling them out for it, and they're obviously making more than enough people happy to counteract my lack of purchase

Anyone has any experience with GeForce experience?

Installed it like 2 weeks ago, because for whatever reason Attack on Titan uses the internal "CPU-GPU" instead of my dedicated GPU, so I had to tell the game to not do that. Since then though everytime I start a game or even a video, my screen gets black a short second. Even if I turn on my TV, that happens.
Any way to fix it?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition -- MB-03F83D89263D1BAA - Taken by Chairmanchuck

One day I'm going to learn to check to see if I own games before buying them.

Thanks man. I still have the CD copies somewhere in my room, but glad to enjoy the Enhanced Edition again.

Thanks~

You're welcome, enjoy!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm CEO right now and they just announce Killer Instinct is coming to Steam.

I was going to post a tweet from a few hours ago where they said "stay tuned for news at CEO" but I figured "nah no way its a steam announcement, its probably just about Eagle"

MadGear

I'm CEO right now and they just announce Killer Instinct is coming to Steam.

Wow, that's cool. Did they say anything about the crossplay with XO users? My douchebag friends only like them consoles and it's one of the few games I can play with the two of them that own an Xbox. (haven't played against so far but I was getting them to play it ...)

Nabs

I'm watching CEO right now and they just announce Killer Instinct is coming to Steam.

Thank me for buying the UWP version. (I used free credit, but still)

This means the game will finally support dinput controllers/sticks thanks to Steam Input. 🙏

Wow, that's cool. Did they say anything about the crossplay with XO users? My douchebag friends only like them consoles and it's one of the few games I can play with the two of them that own an Xbox. (haven't played against so far but I was getting them to play it ...)

I wasn't paying to much attention but sounded like there is crossplay with UWP and X1 versions.

Thank me for buying the UWP version. (I used free credit, but still)

This means the game will finally support dinput controllers/sticks thanks to Steam Input. 🙏

You're welcome xD

Tizoc

Brought my lappy for the nght shift and the gang at worked played some tekken 7
They all had a blast.
Gonna install some more 2 player racing games too for som variety
Thankfully they arent too interesed in footy games xp

So what MS is telling me is wait for Ori 2 to hit Steam eventually?

I gave KI a try but I didn't feel like buying it off the Windows 10 store, might buy it off Steam.

FLD

At this point it seems relatively safe to assume most MS games will come to Steam eventually. The only ones I could see remaining exclusive to the Win Store are Gears and mainline Halo because they're two of their biggest IPs.

Stuff like Age of Empires DE and Ori 2 will almost certainly bomb super hard on the Win Store. I'd be very surprised if they don't end up on Steam sooner or later.

You folks who have been saying you'd buy KI if it was on Steam better keep your word!
I imagine this scenario will definitely happen a bit too frequently.

*Boots up KI*

"WOW, THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME!!"

*Goes online*

*Gets bodied*

*Has to sit through the opponent doing 3 ultra combos in a row, interspersed with teabagging*

*Uninstalls KI*

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Microsoft is in a crazed knife fight with Overstock.com for title of Most Scatterbrained Company With No Idea How To Proceed As A Business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom