• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kionedrik

Are those paypal vouchers still valid? It didn't work for me when I added 20€... Shouldn't it auto apply the voucher if your purchase was valid or did I screw it up?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I got into the closed beta for a Clock Tower/Haunting Ground inspired horror game named Remothered: Tortured Fathers, can see the announcement trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqsZrwhAeH4

In 20 minutes, going to play the beta on a YouTube stream if anyone is curious enough (I don't shameless plug often, but no more beta stuff is being sent out so thought I might mention it though should be several gameplay stuff releasing for it soon): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-oIEkKEeU

redlacs

christ..

628490.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the amount of dex most of these fucking greatswords need is pissing me off.

I think im struggling more this time around because I started as Knight the first time I played it and this time I went warrior who has fuck all dex.

Finished The Wolf Among Us. Late to the party as usual. It looked absolutely amazing in 21:9 & 4x SGSAA.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tONt2L8.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/54Vap36.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sx49JVu.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YWUPfV5.jpg[/IMG]

I'm disappointed that's it's a Telltale game though. None of the choices really mattered, it's a linear game pretending to have branching paths. I really like these characters, and can only imagine what a more traditional game in the universe would be like. Seems unlikely that it'll get a season 2 so hopefully another studio can land the rights.

For such a short game it also has a ridiculous amount of cut content. Almost nothing in the EP2 preview ended up happening. It's quite jarring as that video plays in-game at the end of Ep1. There was going to be a whole subplot with the police investigating Bigby as he was trying to investigate the murders, you can hear part of it here and see here. He would have used a glamour to appear as the detective and grab
"Snow's"
body from the morgue. This was apparently the reason why there was such a big delay between EP1 & 2, as they had to rewrite the chunk of the story. Seems like you also would have teamed up with Bloody Mary at one point. There was also meant to be an epilogue where Bibgy spies on the fate of the Fables using the mirror. The half finished scene & dialogue is still in the game.

I have just reached that certain castle in Dark Souls II, how far am I until the end?

I need to finish it soon as I'm getting Dark Souls III in the upcoming summer sale.

Also, I wonder if the OT is still active nowadays, I'm curious about some stuff.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Windows 10 is so supremely bad. I'm setting up a Virtual Machine and it took me about 3 times as long to remove stuff from the virtual machine as it did to install the OS. Heaven forbid that my virtual machine doesn't need """Mixed Reality Portal""" (by the way, making people have to run the app to be able to uninstall it, and then making it so that computers that can't support the app can't run it to begin with? Great great great choice, MS, real winner).

Good thing powershell lets you remove like 75% of the stupid garbage.

Hektor

I have just reached that certain castle in Dark Souls II, how far am I until the end?

I need to finish it soon as I'm getting Dark Souls III in the upcoming summer sale.

Also, I wonder if the OT is still active nowadays, I'm curious about some stuff.

You mean
Drangleic
castle? Still some time to go, probably 1/3rd

Oh, and around the half if you haven't visited the DLC areas yet but want to do them

You mean
Drangleic
castle? Still some time to go, probably 1/3rd

Oh, and around the half if you haven't visited the DLC areas yet but want to do them

Even after getting all the great souls? Wow, I didn't expect that. I thought I'm almost at the end.

Yeah, I haven't touched the DLC yet as well. I guess I still have a long way ahead of me.

MUnited83

For you.

which game is this?

Windows 10 is so supremely bad. I'm setting up a Virtual Machine and it took me about 3 times as long to remove stuff from the virtual machine as it did to install the OS. Heaven forbid that my virtual machine doesn't need """Mixed Reality Portal""" (by the way, making people have to run the app to be able to uninstall it, and then making it so that computers that can't support the app can't run it to begin with? Great great great choice, MS, real winner).

I'm still amused at how terrible Windows 10 and how with each big update MS finds new ways of breaking it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

First of all "that certain part" in any Souls game is very vague, as they all have many key moments and locations.

Second of all, its Dark Souls 2. The game is 87 years old, im sure you can say locations names without someone throwing a fit.

I would argue that you should be able to say locations names in a brand new one let alone a 87 year old one (unless its VERY SPECIFIC shit like
Anor Londo
being in DS3 for example) but thats a whole different can of worms.

Nzyme32

Are those paypal vouchers still valid? It didn't work for me when I added 20€... Shouldn't it auto apply the voucher if your purchase was valid or did I screw it up?

You screwed up - probably

I'd take a guess you maybe didn't save the offer to the respective account so it would activate?

The Offer is valid at participating shops and websites from 0.01am GMT on the 20th of June 2017 to 11.59pm GMT on the 5th of July 2017. You must add the Offer to your PayPal account before you can receive the discount. After all applicable taxes have been added to your order, the Discount will be applied and subtracted from your total at checkout. To apply this Offer, you must a) create or have a UK PayPal account in good standing, b) receive an email from PayPal providing the Offer, or view an Offer banner on the seller's website, seller email or other location, c) click the "Save to PayPal Account" button, d) complete a purchase at a participating shop or website using your PayPal account and e) complete your purchase using PayPal no later than 11.59pm GMT on the 5th of July 2017.

First of all "that certain part" in any Souls game is very vague, as they all have many key moments and locations.

Second of all, its Dark Souls 2. The game is 87 years old, im sure you can say locations names without someone throwing a fit.

I would argue that you should be able to say locations names in a brand new one let alone a 87 year old one (unless its VERY SPECIFIC shit like
Anor Londo
being in DS3 for example) but thats a whole different can of worms.

Hektor guessed it right. I think it's a significant place in the game so that I call it a certain castle.

Phawx

You should consider using LTSB of Win 10, if you have the means, that is.

kionedrik

You screwed up - probably

I'd take a guess you maybe didn't save the offer to the respective account so it would activate?

It's there in my paypal wallet. Dunno what else I could have done unless it has something to do with the fact that I'm using a german voucher and my paypal isn't german, but it worked for others...
Might as well just ask steam for a refund and forget about this.

Nzyme32

It's there in my paypal wallet. Dunno what else I could have done unless it has something to do with the fact that I'm using a german voucher and my paypal isn't german, but it worked for others...

Hmm, that's a shame. Considering the UK one specifically says you need a UK account, perhaps it is the same for other countries. I assume though that it will work how steam regions tend to work. In the EU that might mean multiple tiers, so it may work for some folks but not for others

Ganado

I have a swedish PP account and the ones that said 5€ off worked. The £5 does not work when buying Steam-euros.

Jawmuncher

You know how they'd sell more movies on steam?
Steam Trading Cards

Legit Anime Cards and stuff like John Wick wallpapers
Money for all

BasilZero

Smartphone?

I guess I could hmm, need to charge my devices before it gets worse :p

Don't worry, the sale will last a couple of weeks and we probably won't see timed-exclusive discounts come back any time soon.

Stay safe!

Ooh thats good to hear! Thanks :)

Stay safe mate.
Also i dnt seem to have u among my stea friendlist, so feel free to add me
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tizoc789

Thanks!

I think I have a few people from here on my steam friends list like Grief, yoshi, Thingonthefloor, JaseC etc.

I sent a invite!

i'm gonna buy all the final fantasy games this steam sale

hoping for another square enix web store price error like the last 10 sales

Go go go :)

I have most of the games, I should have bought X/X-2 HD when it was $10 last year on SE online store -.-.

Most of my FF Steam purchases were from the SE online store though or through Amazon.

zkylon

zkylewd
You can upgrade your safehouse's rooms in multiple tiers by using Continental Coins, which you receive for completing heists and daily/weekly/monthly jobs. When you upgrade John Wick's room you will actually unlock a shooting gallery minigame.

I'd recommend to ignore all the half-assed fluff in the game and focus on that what's really important: choose a player character you like, buy him/her some nice equipment and skills and just do some heisting!
yeah totally

i had some fun last year with it just mindlessly following some dudes speaking in russian heisting the jewelry over and over

for some reason i found that really relaxing

no cops or anything just in and out in like 40 seconds

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I didn't even know.
Crunchy Roll is leaving so much on the table.

I don't understand why some devs aren't taking advantage of card money. I'd love Fallout backgrounds or emoticons. None of the Fallout games have cards. Telltale could make some money with all the licensed games they release, I bet Minecraft stuff would sell for quite a bit. The first Walking Dead game is the only Telltale game with cards.

Newegg has a lot of WB games on sale.

Use WBRSAVE20 for an extra 20% off. US only though it seems. I think Lego Worlds for $8.16 might be an all time low outside of Nuuvem.

Odd that they sell the season pass for Lego Force Awakens, but they don't have the season pass for Lego Avengers.

Gurrry

Wanting to buy Black Desert Online today, but with the steam sale starting tomorrow, I worry that it may go on sale and ill be out a few bucks I could have saved.

Is there refund policy on something like that a big hassle? Or is it easy to deal with? Kinda wanna get the download going as soon as I can.

madjoki

Yeah, no. Just use one of those Steam achievement unlocker programs for that.

Those games generally auto unlock achievements (as they exists only to give achievements).

Wanting to buy Black Desert Online today, but with the steam sale starting tomorrow, I worry that it may go on sale and ill be out a few bucks I could have saved.

Is there refund policy on something like that a big hassle? Or is it easy to deal with? Kinda wanna get the download going as soon as I can.

14 days or 2 hours of playtime. (note in case of mmos, launchers will count too).

Gurrry

14 days or 2 hours of playtime. (note in case of mmos, launchers will count too).

Well I didnt want to get a refund, I just would want to be reimbursed for the money I would have saved if I got it on sale day.

Sounds like its best to just wait

Rafy

I'm dying to try Black Desert too but I wouldn't know where to start. The last Korean MMO I played is Blade and Soul. I also played the first few months of Legion's launch.
If it goes on sale tomorrow I might give it a try

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I've reached the point where if I didn't need it for gaming I would ditch Windows completely. 10 is such garbage and MS' OS being unavoidable is the worst thing that happened to PC gaming.

Can I easily disable garbage in Windows 10 without power shell or command prompt? I'm not well versed in either.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You need Windows 10 for gaming? I still have Windows 7...what requires Windows 10?

I needed it for Quantum Break before it came to Steam. It's still technically the only way to play some newer games coming out on PC- Gears, Halo Wars 2, etc.

I'm not interested in rolling back to Windows 7. I'm sick of the entire OS line.

Rafy

I've reached the point where if I didn't need it for gaming I would ditch Windows completely. 10 is such garbage and MS' OS being unavoidable is the worst thing that happened to PC gaming.

I do most of my gaming on Windows 8.1, and I have Win10 partition for the MS store games that require it. I hate how games run on Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom