• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Is it secure to use the same PayPal acc on two different Steam accounts or will it trigger some limitations?
Debating whether or not I should pick up 20 steam bucks for my bro for 15€ using the second PayPal promo coupon I have or nah.

Suuuuuure.

it's weird how some people don't throw their moneyzzz on every sale, right? i'm one of them.

the only thing i'd get is if there's a 75% for gta 5, dark souls 3 or dishonored 2. and since all those are pretty unlikely to get that steep, i'm definitely holding out.

Vlad

it's weird how some people don't throw their moneyzzz on every sale, right? i'm one of them.

the only thing i'd get is if there's a 75% for gta 5, dark souls 3 or dishonored 2. and since all those are pretty unlikely to get that steep, i'm definitely holding out.

That's really the best way to go about it at this point. On too many of the early Steam sales, I'd be all "oh, I was somewhat interested in that and it's so cheap!", only to buy, it, never play it, and it would end up in a Humble or something for even cheaper before I even got anywhere near playing it. I've got a couple games that might leap ahead of what I'm currently playing (especially since one of the games I'm currently playing is Darksiders, and I'm already on the verge of giving up on that one), but other than that I just can't muster the same excitement that I did when my Steam library was empty.

Ascheroth

That's really the best way to go about it at this point. On too many of the early Steam sales, I'd be all "oh, I was somewhat interested in that and it's so cheap!", only to buy, it, never play it, and it would end up in a Humble or something for even cheaper before I even got anywhere near playing it. I've got a couple games that might leap ahead of what I'm currently playing (especially since one of the games I'm currently playing is Darksiders, and I'm already on the verge of giving up on that one), but other than that I just can't muster the same excitement that I did when my Steam library was empty.
Only buy games in Steam sales you play immediately, get the rest from bundles. That's how I handle it.

Wok

Is it secure to use the same PayPal acc on two different Steam accounts or will it trigger some limitations?
Debating whether or not I should pick up 20 steam bucks for my bro for 15€ using the second PayPal promo coupon I have or nah.

Edit: Misread.

I have used 3 coupons using the same Steam account and the same Paypal account.

GE: https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=QB4YNANJE2RXW

FR: https://www.paypal.com/es/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=6JQPNKCVTNPEN

AT: https://www.paypal.com/at/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=QVV3LT7W9TCRJ

sprinkles

I would like to add that Root Letter is not a good VN. One of the worst VNs I've ever played and I'm not exaggerating here sadly.
Oh I agree, some of the routes are bad, really bad. But I liked that one ending
where they both got together, that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i'm gonna buy all the final fantasy games this steam sale

hoping for another square enix web store price error like the last 10 sales

Unicorn

Two things.

1 why do non-steam games no longer have their screenshots show up in the activity feed?

2 why do non-steam games still not have playtime tracked?

Aaron D.

My wish list is packed with amazing games I've had my eye on for a long time, can't wait for this sale.

Yup.

My Wishlist is a hot mess of all kinds of games that I want to varying degrees. A lot of it is stuff I just put in there as to remember the name after hearing it mentioned on a podcast or something.

So I at least went back and pulled all the must-haves / do-wants into my Top 20. Pretty happy with my list going just off of that. Also made me realize that the average retail price of my gaming tastes these days is $15-$20. :p

Good for you guys who have selfcontrol, i have a feeling that my library will be very close to 7000 owned games after this sale. And i just bought Prey 2017 with thoughts "i don't have anything to play anyway" - and that's after 9 hours in Europa Universalis 3, not to mention other 4 games I'm currently somewhere in the middle of walktrough.

Yup.

My Wishlist is a hot mess of all kinds of games that I want to varying degrees. A lot of it is stuff I just put in there as to remember the name after hearing it mentioned on a podcast or something.

So I at least went back and pulled all the must-haves / do-wants into my Top 20. Pretty happy with my list going just off of that. Also made me realize that the average retail price of my gaming tastes these days is $15-$20. :p

What helped me is once my wishlist crossed 200 games, I went through it and looked at stuff that has been on there forever that has survived 3 or 4 prior Steam Sales. And in 90% of those cases, I was able to go "you know, if you didn't buy it then, you're never going to buy it" and culled like crazy. Felt good.

Aaron D.

What helped me is once my wishlist crossed 200 games, I went through it and looked at stuff that has been on there forever that has survived 3 or 4 prior Steam Sales. And in 90% of those cases, I was able to go "you know, if you didn't buy it then, you're never going to buy it" and culled like crazy. Felt good.

Yeah, I could likely stand to do that myself.

My list is just shy of 300!

And honestly, when am I ever going to play Football Manager 2014? LOL.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yup.

Mine is kinda the same way (a hot mess mismatch of different things) - it's pretty small but it's mostly stuff that's PC only and typically >$30 so hopefully most of it will go on sale and be pretty reasonable.

I'm working on some pretty big wishlist updates for Enhanced Steam though they won't be out before the sale starts (and probably not before the sale ends, either!). One of the big things I'm updating is the ability to assign games on your wishlist to a self-defined category and the ability to sort by / filter individual wishlist categories (think: Amazon's multiple wishlist feature). I'm also working on pulling in tag data so that users can sort their wishlists by tags / genres.

It still baffles me how barebones the wishlist is on Steam considering how much data Valve has for each game and how empowering users with this data usually leads to a higher click-through and purchase rate.

Kssio_Aug

This Steam Sale I have tons of things I'm interested, but I'll probably just buy between 2 ~ 4 games. Between them probably Wolfenstein 1 and Shadow of Mordor.
My wishlist is filled with 71 games at this moment, and I think just 2 or 3 of them are upcoming games.

Tonton

I hope to not get anything this sale so I can save for the Falcom games later this year

I just gotta remember that any good deals are likely to appear again later!

gabbo

As I have just about $9 in the 'ol steam wallet, it'll be smaller indie games that go on sale, at best. Not really sure I need any new games either, as I have a backlog im not proud of right now. On top of that I am trying to use gog more often when the game is on both stores. Unless Prey, Dishonored, or a couple other games get steep, steep discounts, I may just skip out, unless there is some kind of metagame/arg this year. I dont have high hopes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love the Souls games, but no other series makes me think to myself "why am I playing this? all its doing is making me hate myself and the world and existences itself"

Hektor

I love the Souls games, but no other series makes me think to myself "why am I playing this? all its doing is making me hate myself and the world and existences itself"

Sounds like what you need is a good portion of The Defense Of The Ancients Two

Aaron D.

Yeah, somewhere over the past couple/few years a did a hard pivot from Collecting to simply Playing.

I can't imagine the amount of money I've wasted on Steam Sales filling out my Library with games I never even touched, purchasing them because the deals were "too good to be true" or competed my collection of some franchise or another.

These days I don't pull the trigger unless it's for a game I'm ready to start playing. Like right NOW.

It's incredibly freeing and has saved me a bundle. It even makes me feel less guilty over dropping disposable income 'cause I know it's not going to waste. Besides, that's what Humble Bundles are for. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want to break you down, destroy you by your very core and rebuild you in my shape

thanks. ut yeah you kind forget how much these games can break you, no matter how many of them you play (or how many times).

It's not even a boss thats doing me, im just trying to get to the other side of the fucking cathedral via those walkways on the roof and I keep fucking up, and everytime you fuck you, the next run is worse because you want to rush nd here we are.

Vlad

Yeah, somewhere over the past couple/few years a did a hard pivot from Collecting to simply Playing.

I can't imagine the amount of money I've wasted on Steam Sales filling out my Library with games I never even touched, purchasing them because the deals were "too good to be true" or competed my collection of some franchise or another.

These days I don't pull the trigger unless it's for a game I'm ready to start playing. Like right NOW.

It's incredibly freeing and has saved me a bundle. It even makes me feel less guilty over dropping disposable income 'cause I know it's not going to waste. Besides, that's what Humble Bundles are for. :p

Exactly. With a good Humble, you're often getting a bunch of good games for a buck or two a piece, but the regularity of the Steam sales means that whatever I might want that's on sale will most likely be on sale again in six months anyway. The only exception are the games that might disappear forever from Steam that I want to play, but so far there have only been two (Driver: San Francisco and Riddick), so I figure the odds are somewhat in my favor there.

Rhaknar

so you have to join this lady's covenent to respec?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
i'm gonna buy all the final fantasy games this steam sale

hoping for another square enix web store price error like the last 10 sales

I got most of the FF games after the one from last year, but I suspect we'll definitely see something. I could grab that hot trash port of VI, or XIII-2 and XIII:LR which I certainly won't play. But now I have the option of playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom