• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just saw Rami Ismail talking about it on Twitter. Not entirely sure where he got it but Rami seems as trustworthy a source as any.

Oh my, and found the source. I think being refunded after $1000 in sales is a good move though.

d32ed77993aebf32302e985c5a16b6b8.png

e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bestSizeAvailable.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dusk Golem would be happy to hear this:

The remake for White Day: A Labyrinth Named School is coming to the west thanks to PQube. The PS4 version will come out on August 1 in NA. Also there is a PC version of the remake made however PQube has yet to comment on that.

Still, PQube is dipping their toes in the PC platform so it's only a matter of when.

You know I'm happy, it's already been greenlit on Steam so we know it's coming.

For anyone unaware, White Day: A Labyrinth Named School, the original as I haven't played the remake (been holding out for the PC version), is up there on both my favorite horror games and scariest horror games I've ever played list. Hope the remake sizes up nicely, but I've heard great things based on the mobile version (and this PC/PS4 version updates the graphics again and adds even more stuff, such as locations and ghosts).

yuraya

Dark souls 2 is kind of a weak pick for the monthly. Should have been Dark Souls 3 but I guess with Steam sale around the corner this is understandable.

Still tho if you don't have DS2 its absolutely worth it. With the dlc there are over 30 bosses in it and easily over 100hrs of fun it it. Its probably 2x as large as all the other souls games in terms of content.

illusionary

the humble original usually doesnt count as the 8th game tho?

The Humble Original is usually one of the eight. May was the exception, where we got nine games in total - probably because of the two-game early unlock.

Not the best of bundles for me in June as I already own three of the games, but Stellaris on its own is pretty much enough that I'm happy with it overall... now I just need to find the time to play it! Maybe once I finally get done with Superhot... I'm very close now to calling it a day with the game, as I'm almost left with only the SPEEDRUNRT and NORESTART challenges - which I'm not convinced that I'd ever be able to get done!

Edit: Does anyone know why, on Humble Bundle's key redemption page, it doesn't always detect certain games that I have in my (linked) Steam library? For example, it correctly sees that I have Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation , but it doesn't see Brigador or SUPERHOT.

Edit: Does anyone know why, on Humble Bundle's key redemption page, it doesn't always detect certain games that I have in my (linked) Steam library? For example, it correctly sees that I have Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation , but it doesn't see Brigador or SUPERHOT.

Man, I have no idea. Mine does the same thing too. It's a random crapshoot more often than not that I usually have to just search to see the game before I try and redeem the code.

FLD

More Falcom is always welcome but damn, XSEED's E3 line-up is pretty fucking weak this year. I hope losing two big Falcom titles to other companies didn't hurt them too badly...

Dark souls 2 is kind of a weak pick for the monthly. Should have been Dark Souls 3 but I guess with Steam sale around the corner this is understandable.

Still tho if you don't have DS2 its absolutely worth it. With the dlc there are over 30 bosses in it and easily over 100hrs of fun it it. Its probably 2x as large as all the other souls games in terms of content.

Agreed. I'm considering sitting this one out. But the one that I did sit out on was one that was lights out for games I wanted and didn't have.

Eh.

No answer except to say that it does this to me, too.

It's not just you, if that helps any.

Javier23

Banned
Is Witcher 2 worth playing? or should I just skip straight to 3?
The three games are brilliant. People dislike the first because it's a low-budget indie cRPG (it uses the original Neverwinter Nights engine), but back in its day it was a true masterpiece. It's still great. You'll enjoy the whole trilogy more if you're there from the beginning.

Tonton

Expecting my Steam GAF goty list to be

Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Ys VIII
Tokyo Xanadu
Trails of Cold Steel
Zwei II

Order still up in the air

dark souls 2 being unlockable on humble monthly gives me hope that, rather sooner than later, dark souls 3 will be unlockable as well.

Ys VIII
Tokyo Xanadu
Trails of Cold Steel
Zwei II

While I'm interested in Tokyo Xandu, hasn't import impression​s been pretty mix for it? Still a damn good year for Falcom on PC. Hope Xseed has maybe another Falcom suprise for the Fall.
Brandish pls

illusionary

Man, I have no idea. Mine does the same thing too. It's a random crapshoot more often than not that I usually have to just search to see the game before I try and redeem the code.

No answer except to say that it does this to me, too.

It's not just you, if that helps any.
I wonder whether it's that there are specific games that this happens for. Do you have any recent examples where you've seen games not being correctly detected?

Eila

More Falcom is always welcome but damn, XSEED's E3 line-up is pretty fucking weak this year. I hope losing two big Falcom titles to other companies didn't hurt them too badly...

Is that their whole lineup? I thought they were going to be announcing more titles until E3.

Tonton

While I'm interested in Tokyo Xandu, hasn't import impression​s been pretty mix for it? Still a damn good year for Falcom on PC. Hope Xseed has maybe another Falcom suprise for the Fall.
Brandish pls
Well yeah but I'm not sure if I'll be really playing anything else from this year lol
I might get Hollow Knight, Berseria and Nier by the winter sale but not sure yet

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't announce EDF5 and SG/ZH, I wonder if they lost that to PQube

It's good to have two PC games from this but those are also the only new games from them and they're both probably smaller titles in their reach

Seems Brittany is working on something​ and I'll just keep telling myself it's Zero no Kiseki

But really, they got basically nothing right now this is kinda worrying

Arthea

Ys VIII
Tokyo Xanadu
Trails of Cold Steel
Zwei II

Cold Steel too low!
and you forgot Cold Steel 2
fix this!

The year of Falcom indeed.

Jawmuncher

Have you tried it yet with kb/m? It's really good.

I guess I could mess around with it.

No Resident Evil 7? That was a good ass video game. The best thing Capcom has done in years imo.

It was alright. Didn't find it to be anything special after the first opening area though.
Especially in the story department where my biggest criticisms lie.

Kudo

Zwei 2 does look good, I wonder what's their primary title for E3 though, one they'll focus most attention there.
Maybe Fate Extella for Switch? Or something that's not announced yet..

Tonton

Zwei 2 does look good, I wonder what's their primary title for E3 though, one they'll focus most attention there.
They already announced their whole E3 line up
It's just that Sakuna game (PS4/PC), Zwei II(PC), Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash (PS4) and the Switch ports of Fate/Extella and Shantae

Besides that they only got the Cold Steel PC ports and the Story of Seasons DLC I think

Apparently the Senran Kagura guy will be showing up at E3 heh

Arthea

It's Ao and Zero
believe!

FLD

Is that their whole lineup? I thought they were going to be announcing more titles until E3.

Seems like this is it, yeah. :/ Zwei and that rice farming game both look cool but other than that it's just that Senran Kagura Splatoon rip-off and two Switch ports.

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't announce EDF5 and SG/ZH, I wonder if they lost that to PQube

It's good to have two PC games from this but those are also the only new games from them and they're both probably smaller titles in their reach

Seems Brittany is working on something​ and I'll just keep telling myself it's Zero no Kiseki

But really, they got basically nothing right now this is kinda worrying

Yeah, a part of me is still hoping that they'll announce Zero by the end of the year. It would be great if they jumped right into it like they did with 3rd but that might not be realistic given that Cold Steel 3 is releasing soonish. I imagine that's going to take priority.

I'm also surprised that they haven't announced a PC port of Fate/Extella. I figured that was probably coming but so far they've only announced one for Switch.

Knurek

'XSEED is proud to announce ongoing partnership with Sega to bring ATLUS games to Steam, starting with Etrian Odyssey V, exclusive to Steam outside of Japan"

Ganado

Dusk Golem would be happy to hear this:

The remake for White Day: A Labyrinth Named School is coming to the west thanks to PQube. The PS4 version will come out on August 1 in NA. Also there is a PC version of the remake made however PQube has yet to comment on that.

Still, PQube is dipping their toes in the PC platform so it's only a matter of when.

I don't trust PQube. Their release of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs is as barebones as it gets.

Tonton

Yeah, a part of me is still hoping that they'll announce Zero by the end of the year. It would be great if they jumped right into it like they did with 3rd but that might not be realistic given that Cold Steel 3 is releasing soonish. I imagine that's going to take priority.

I'm also surprised that they haven't announced a PC port of Fate/Extella. I figured that was probably coming but so far they've only announced one for Switch.
Yeah Cold Steel 3 should take priority and I'm really hoping they'll be the ones doing it

Well it makes sense to strike the iron whole it's hot with Switch so it's no surprise it got priority but I still think and hope a PC port is happening

'XSEED is proud to announce ongoing partnership with Sega to bring ATLUS games to Steam, starting with Etrian Odyssey V, exclusive to Steam outside of Japan"
Who needs Etrian Odyssey V when you got Caligula amirite

SUPER
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThingontheFloor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Brigador: Up-Armored Edition -- MB-08FCEB5A4AB79E3D - Taken by NeoRaider. 8 entrants total.
Plague Inc: Evolved -- MB-84CB8B6A16E17AFA - Taken by Kiru. 4 entrants total.
SUPERHOT -- MB-094675E99C821B81 - Taken by Kudo. 6 entrants total.

t1496439955z1.png
HOT

Tizoc

Xzibit.png

Yo dawg we heard you like Zwei
So we took Zwei and doubled it and now you can Zwei twice as much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom