• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Bought it for Stellaris. rest of the bundle is a disappointment of disinterest and already exiting ownership

It's pretty much this for me. This is why I only buy it if I care for the game that's the face of the month. Won't be picking up July's, for sure. I rarely buy into the monthly's, but c'mon. Dark Souls 2?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Dark Souls 2 Sins is such an odd choice though. It's gone down in price during many a sale, including on their own site, so why have that as the focus?

Unless they are trying reverse psychology with us to make us think "well if the main game isn't that expensive, maybe the bigger price title is one of the hidden ones". I doubt it, but it would be amusing to me.

Monooboe

I have to agree with the meh for the latest monthly. It says I don't have Brigador but I do have it, does the humble version include the deluxe edition stuff?

sadblob

Currently playing Dark Souls 1 and liking it, maybe DS2 at almost an historical low and with 6 other games is a sign...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
...I thought the recent monthly was good, but all I owned was Maize. Which btw, I think Maize will surprise some of y'all.

I think one problem with knee-jerk reactions to bundle games is it's basically judging a book by its cover if you haven't played it already.

...I thought the recent monthly was good, but all I owned was Maize. Which btw, I think Maize will surprise some of y'all.

I think one problem with knee-jerk reactions to bundle games is it's basically judging a book by its cover if you haven't played it already.

Yea its not a bad bundle, ts just a bad bundle for me as i don't play strategy games. I sold Stellaris for $6, so $6 for Maize and Superhot I am okay with. Was just hoping for some of those fine metroidvanias.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh good, Armed with Wings: Rearmed gets a full release and adds more difficulty modes like what I wanted. Steam cards, a vs mode, and easy way to change equipment in game is nice as well.

Jawmuncher

I've yet to be wrong about a cover

😈

Dusk Golem

Yea its not a bad bundle, ts just a bad bundle for me as i don't play strategy games. I sold Stellaris for $6, so $6 for Maize and Superhot I am okay with. Was just hoping for some of those fine metroidvanias.

Oh trust me, Strategy Games are my least favorite genre which many PC gamers seem to love. I love horror games the most and Humble rarely has them, so I go into these kind of open minded.

Monthly is weird for me since it often taps into genres I'm usually not that big on, so as a result I usually don't own most of the games. Occasionally they have something I was interested in but was waiting for a steeper price drop or when I was in a good financial position (like SuperHot this month), but I'm kind of open to whatever rolls about. It also probably helps that I like to give away things I own to friends though.

But I will admit the type of game to usually make me the least interested in something is strategy games, I can enjoy the occasional one but I already have more than enough for me in my current game library.

Wok

The only thing which bugs me about the bundle is that:
  • it includes Stellaris, which is a 4X game,
  • two weeks ago, Endless Space 2 was released, which I already own due my taking advantage of a price mistake during Early Access.
So, here I am with two new concurrent games which belong to a genre completely unknown to me. I have actually tried both, at least the (long) tutorial, and... well... they are both a huge piece of a gigantic cake... not the kind of games which one can play just for a few hours.

fantomena

Im very sure that whatever's gonna be in the Monthly bundle there will be 1 or 2 games I don't own.

HOT

Xii2gpb.jpg

Stellaris - own
Plague Inc - own
Superhot - own
Ashes of Singualirty: Escalation - own
Brigador - do not own
Shoppe Keep - own
Maize - do not own

Yeah, still not subbing.

Parsnip

That Steam Direct thread is going to go places I feel.
I feel it in my bones.

You know what's great about Hexcells and its sequels.
You can always play them again. Unless you have a strikingly good memory.

Ibuki

Banned
Stellaris - own
Plague Inc - own
Superhot - own
Ashes of Singualirty: Escalation - own
Brigador - do not own
Shoppe Keep - own
Maize - do not own

Yeah, still not subbing.

Thank you for the update, looking forward to next month.

My prediction is still not subbing, but the anticipation is literally killing me!!

Wok

Yeah wonder how they calculate the gg coin value?o_O

There is no coin value. The bait was Brigador. You all started connecting daily to the chrono.gg coin page, because why not, it is only a minute a day. Soon enough, you have this daily routine ingrained into your brain. Everyday, you think about connecting to the website, you see the chrono.gg deal because it just next to the coin button, and maybe some of you, one day, will fall for it, or advertise the deal here. It is called gamification of an online store. It works well for F2P games: Duelyst does it (connect everyday for a basic card), Knightfall Rivals does it (timed chests), etc.

Monooboe

There is no coin value. The bait was Brigador. You all started connecting daily to the chrono.gg coin page, because why not, it is only a minute a day. Soon enough, you have this daily routine ingrained into your brain. Everyday, you think about connecting to the website, you see the chrono.gg deal because it just next to the coin button, and maybe some of you, one day, will fall for it, or advertise the deal here. It is called gamingification of an online store. It works well for F2P games: Duelyst does it (connect everyday for a basic card), Knightfall Rivals does it (timed chests), etc.

You're right, but I'm fighting the system and resisting to buy anything just because I know what they are up to.:D But still the coin prices they put on games seem to be quite random. Still, it's free games, think I've already got three games. But think I will give it a rest after the next chest, because I can't see myself keeping that streak going.

Dusk Golem

Chorno games up

There's Poop In My Soup - 0% claimed - 3000 coins - https://chrono.gg/shop
Reverse Crawl - 0% claimed - 3750 coins - https://chrono.gg/shop

Oh boy, free Poop

OMG. XD
And that Poop game is 0.99 on Steam. chrono.gg wyd??

i think im done collecting these coins after the big chest in 3 days or whatever

11k so far. meh

d32ed77993aebf32302e985c5a16b6b8.png

(I'm still all for chrono though.)

Wok

You're right, but I'm fighting the system and resisting to buy anything just because I know what they are up to.:D But still the coin prices they put on games seem to be quite random. Still, it's free games, think I've already got three games. But think I will give it a rest after the next chest, because I can't see myself keeping that streak going.

Once enough people take a rest, there will be a great deal for just slightly more coins that you have.

Alienware does it too. I got to level 5 or 6 to get Wuppo for free. Never again.

Once enough people take a rest, there will be a great deal for just slightly more coins that you have.

Alienware does it too. I got to level 5 or 6 to get Wuppo for free. Never again.

Alienware has that sweet poker game right now. I tried leveling up but at level 3 and cant/wont fall for it!

Anno

So it sounds like you'll get your $100 Steam Direct fee returned once you hit $1000 in revenue. Seems fair.

Dusk Golem

So it sounds like you'll get your $100 Steam Direct fee returned once you hit $1000 in revenue. Seems fair.

Was this clarified anywhere? Sounds fair to me though.

Even a niche name-not-out-there dev like me has been able to make $1000 individually in revenue on two separate $1.99 products (the rest of mine is free) because of a positive rating and word of mouth on Steam. One of those two was a $1.99 piece of DLC for a freeware game I made.

I know some games haven't made that amount, and to note this is solely based on what it would sell on Steam, not on outside bundles sites or anything else if true. But curious where the source is.

Lain

Just saw the humble Monthly and even if I didn't have the majority of the items, what was in there was a bit of a disappointment, removing Stellaris which made me buy in early. I guess I get to try SUPERHOT.
Dark Souls 2 as the early unlock is't gonna make me buy in early though for the next one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Brigador: Up-Armored Edition -- MB-60231AC2A66E76F0 - Taken by Snakethesniper

Monooboe

Mm I'll save 5000 coins incase a good game turns up later on. I tried to get my lvl up on Alienware but when I saw what I had to do I got scared haha.

Speaking of daily check-ins, just realized I have almost 100 hours on Fallout Shelter.o_O Dangerous stuff.

Anno

Was this clarified anywhere? Sounds fair to me though.

Even a niche name-not-out-there dev like me has been able to make $1000 individually in revenue on two separate $1.99 products (the rest of mine is free) because of a positive rating and word of mouth on Steam. One of those two was a $1.99 piece of DLC for a freeware game I made.

I know some games haven't made that amount, and to note this is solely based on what it would sell on Steam, not on outside bundles sites or anything else if true. But curious where the source is.

Just saw Rami Ismail talking about it on Twitter. Not entirely sure where he got it but Rami seems as trustworthy a source as any.

Dusk Golem

So basically just throw something up with anime tiddies and steam cards and you'll recoup your cost almost instantly

Newly released Steam Games can't have trading cards anymore on release (except for those who were approved before this change that haven't released yet), in the future all trading cards will only become available after Valve decides it should become available to you (they didn't give any metrics, but It's already in effect as I've seen some people asking about why they can't add cards to their game on the Steam Developer Discussion Board).

madjoki

Brigador was in a Groupees.

And nowadays, it is $1.50.

Chrono Brigador was actually Deluxe. Seems like humble isn't. Best Chrono Coin deal so far.

This is what I'm afraid.
Still claimed poop because somehow didn't have it
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom