• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Brigador with more entries than Superhot means A LOT more gaffers got the shady ass bundle months ago and were mum about it.

I see you. I judge you. Shame.

Actually I dont a fuck, money is tight fam.

fenners

Brigador with more entries than Superhot means A LOT more gaffers got the shady ass bundle months ago and were mum about it.

I got it with a groupees coin. ;)

C4rter

I just received 4 trading cards for Company of Heroes 1. All 4 of them in my inventory.
I last played the game in August 2016. Is this related to the game now having trading cards or what is this?

yuraya

It was alright. Didn't find it to be anything special after the first opening area though.
Especially in the story department where my biggest criticisms lie.

The second area was really good too. That boss was probably one of my favorite RE boss's of all time. Shit was really terrifying. Honestly I enjoyed everything about the game except the
lack of enemy variety. But bosses were all really good and unique so it made up for that somewhat.
It wasn't perfect but still a solid 9/10 for me. There is still supposed to be free dlc coming for it so it could even be better. It will most likely be in my top 5 for the year but there is still a lot of good stuff coming second half of the year so who knows.

As far as goty goes..I am gonna guess Divinity OS2 will easily win SteamGAF goty. The first game was too good and all signs point to the second being even better.

Tizoc

I just received 4 trading cards for Company of Heroes 1. All 4 of them in my inventory.
I last played the game in August 2016. Is this related to the game now having trading cards or what is this?

Yup seems to have gotten cards recently.

Arthea

As far as goty goes..I am gonna guess Divinity OS2 will easily win SteamGAF goty. The first game was too good and all signs point to the second being even better.

In a year we got Bayo, Vanquish, Automata, RE7, etc.? Not gonna happen
Even for a reason that many won't even get to playing it this year at all, if this year will continue the way it went until now.

and Falcom has this year anyway!

Wok

Another Dota2 item which is unmarketable and untradeable forever.

KzDBWd8.gif

Well yeah but I'm not sure if I'll be really playing anything else from this year lol
I might get Hollow Knight, Berseria and Nier by the winter sale but not sure yet

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't announce EDF5 and SG/ZH, I wonder if they lost that to PQube

It's good to have two PC games from this but those are also the only new games from them and they're both probably smaller titles in their reach

Seems Brittany is working on something​ and I'll just keep telling myself it's Zero no Kiseki

But really, they got basically nothing right now this is kinda worrying

I see, my Steam GOTY list is likely gonna be huge this year but I do imagine just about all the Falcom games will be on it too.

I also saw Brit's tweet about her working on something this year, crossing my fingers for Zero!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So what makes Zwei II/Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection worth getting excited for? Other than some initial confusion over food giving exp rather than killing enemies, I don't recall anyone really talking about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So what makes Zwei II/Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection worth getting excited for? Other than some initial confusion over food giving exp rather than killing enemies, I don't recall anyone really talking about it.

Lolis.

Thats what this place has become.

Nzyme32

That's how cards work now.

Steam has some purposefully obfuscated metric for deciding what is a "real" and "fake" game. Cards are witheld till after that is determined. At which point any play time users already put in already counts towards card drops etc.

MUnited83

For you.

No, it just means people have good taste and bought it on release :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So with how card drops are now, does playing a game while idling another affect anything now?

Probably. You don't receive all card drops regardless of playtime once the game has fulfilled the confidence metric; there are still x minutes between drops.

Edit: To be clear, I'm saying that idling in a "verified" game while playing another probably still increases drop times. I doubt idling in an "unverified" game while playing another results in fewer drops once the confidence metric has been met as I'd imagine Steam determines the number of cards to give you by simply dividing the amount of playtime by the drop interval. E.g. 45m / 15m = 3 cards.

zkylon

zkylewd
humble monthly was mostly a good dodge, tho brigador is tempting

also steam direct news sound good

why did valve feel like upsetting indie devs around the world with that $5000 bullshit i have no idea, but then again valve doesn't seem to care a whole bunch about messaging

Tizoc

It's a Falcom game, if you've played any of their games and enjoyed them, you'd know why.

MaxiLive

Steam direct does seem good, seems the cost won't beat card sales and it sould ween out the the dodgy games using just unity assets. Hopefully this doesn't stop the gems from making it through green light though.

humble monthly was mostly a good dodge, tho brigador is tempting

also steam direct news sound good

why did valve feel like upsetting indie devs around the world with that $5000 bullshit i have no idea, but then again valve doesn't seem to care a whole bunch about messaging

It was around 500 they said before, not 5000 lol.

Madventure

Since then, we've seen a bunch of great conversations discussing the various pros and cons of whether there should be an amount, what that amount should be, ways that recouping could work, which developers would be helped or hurt, predictions for how the store would be affected, and many other facets to the decision. There were rational & convincing arguments made for both ends of the $100-$5000 spectrum we mentioned. Our internal thinking beforehand had us hovering around the $500 mark, but the community conversation really challenged us to justify why the fee wasn't as low as possible, and to think about what we could do to make a low fee work.

Well their exact words were

Linky link

Ionic

That 5000 figure was from other devs, not Valve. They stated that explicitly. They just reported what they heard from the development community. Then they mulled it over for months taking more opinions from more people before landing at 100.

zkylon

zkylewd
the point i'm trying to make is that just bringing up that number was really insensitive, so i'm glad valve dialed the crazy back

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
the point i'm trying to make is that just bringing up that number was really insensitive, so i'm glad valve dialed the crazy back

Valve never implied that large figures were being strongly considered. The point was that it had received a wide variety of proposals but had yet to make a decision on where to land.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love it how i try to say something good about valve and i get like a billion posts questioning a technicality -___-

Pakkidis

Um, just discovered controller configuration in my settings menu. Looks like I can now configure my 360 controller to use while in desktop mode. This is kinda cool, even works in windows.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm just so very relieved the fee is low and we now know how to recuperate it. As someone who makes smaller niche titles for cheap prices and is poor this was a serious concern of mine.

5. n/a
4. n/a
3. N/a
2. Vanquish
1. Red Haze

My current GOTY list from what I have played so far this year.

I'm still very surprised you ended up liking Red Haze as much as you did. I kind of made the game knowing a few flaws in it and it wouldn't be for everyone, but it found more positive reaponse than I was expecting honestly. I hope you enjoy the content updates when I get done with the few other small project things.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Someday I will beat Hell in Spelunky. It may take me another 5 years, but I'll do it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If anyone hasn't, while it takes a bit to set up, the online co-op mod for Spelunky is insanely fun.

Just google it and you'll find it. It's a bit of effort (but not too much) to get working, but I doubt you'll regret it if you want to play Spelunky online with a friend.

If anyone hasn't, while it takes a bit to set up, the online co-op mod for Spelunky is insanely fun.

Just google it and you'll find it. It's a bit of effort (but not too much) to get working, but I doubt you'll regret it if you want to play Spelunky online with a friend.

You've just made my day.

Had no idea this existed.

Rhaknar

Playing Grim Dawn, liking it a bit more than last time. The only ranged weapons are guns? There's no magic staves or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom