• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
-___-

btw the way that article was written with lines like "we're going to look for specific places where human eyes can be injected into the store algorithm..." really sounds like glados took over valve or something

4WSTRVJ.png

Teggy

Well I finally watched Batman v Superman tonight. That was...not very good.

Anyway, can I ask a Pillars of Eternity question? So for magic, it seems you can use a certain amount of spells between rests? It so weird because they have little icons on the bar for abilities with tool tips that say "per encounter" and "per rest", but not for magic. What if you switch grimoires? Does you get a new set of turns or is it just by spell level per rest? I take it this is some throwback to old D&D where you have to memorize your spells or whatever since there is no mana system?

iosefe

Anyway, can I ask a Pillars of Eternity question? So for magic, it seems you can use a certain amount of spells between rests? It so weird because they have little icons on the bar for abilities with tool tips that say "per encounter" and "per rest", but not for magic. What if you switch grimoires? Does you get a new set of turns or is it just by spell level per rest? I take it this is some throwback to old D&D where you have to memorize your spells or whatever since there is no mana system?
Theatrical or ultimate cut? The ultimate cut is much better, but a whole half hour longer

Teggy

Theatrical or ultimate cut? The ultimate cut is much better, but a whole half hour longer

Yeah, I heard that, but I had the theatrical cut recorded off HBO. I could see that, because the first 90 minutes seems like a badly edited mess with plot missing.

Jadax

BvS is terrible. I actually don't mind Ben Affleck as batman, but the story is just bad. I was extremely hyped for it, and now I just miss Nolan's batman even more.

I just hope Snyder hasn't messed up Justice League this badly.

Corpekata

Banned

Spells are on use, abilities are per encounter, they should be pretty easy to spot.

At higher levels priests and mages can convert their lower rank spells (like 1 and 2) to per encounter as well.

Ascheroth

Installs Dark Souls 2. Crashes again with whitescreen on startup. Sighs.
Looks again at PCGamingWiki in hopes that maybe something works this time.
"Install ReShade to fix whitescreen crash on startup"
293792983537418241.png

Thinks, this makes no sense at all, but I might as well.

......Works.

Anyway, I feel like this might not be the first enemy I'm supposed to fight.
...But I'm stubborn.

And I can already tell that I'm not going to be a huge fan of that max health reduction on death penalty...

Ludens

Banned
HeadLander is great and funny, but it's a bit unpolished, considering I lost a whole hour because, after quitting, the only option I had was New Game.
And also the Steam overlay doesn't work (and I believe achievements are broken too, since I unlocked only one in a couple of hours).

zkylon

zkylewd
fighting that ogre over and over until killing it on the beginning is a cherished memory of my first playthrough of dks2 hehe

Ascheroth

fighting that ogre over and over until killing it on the beginning is a cherished memory of my first playthrough of dks2 hehe
The first thing I did in Dark Souls 1 was spending hours stretched over days to defeat the abyss demon on the first encounter without the proper equipment, before even getting to Lordran for the first time.
He will go down.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery gift -- MB-6B790FDDD22BAB4D - Taken by rainking187

:)

Echoplx

Installs Dark Souls 2. Crashes again with whitescreen on startup. Sighs.
Looks again at PCGamingWiki in hopes that maybe something works this time.
"Install ReShade to fix whitescreen crash on startup"
https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/293792983537418241.png
Thinks, this makes no sense at all, but I might as well.

......Works.

Anyway, I feel like this might not be the first enemy I'm supposed to fight.

...But I'm stubborn.

And I can already tell that I'm not going to be a huge fan of that max health reduction on death penalty...

Lol, I actually added that fix to the wiki after I randomly found it a few months ago :p

And yes it really doesn't make sense.

Teeth

The first thing I did in Dark Souls 1 was spending hours stretched over days to defeat the abyss demon on the first encounter without the proper equipment, before even getting to Lordran for the first time.
He will go down.

Killing that ogre in the beginning gives you a really useful ring for melee builds. It's totally a patience fight.

As far as the reduction in health goes, two major things:
1) Like in Demon's Souls, there's a ring that reduces the max reduction to 25% that you can get pretty early. You also have 4 ring slots, so it became a mainstay for most of my runs.
2) You can lay a summon sign even when you are hollow (unlike DS1). You can also lay a small summon sign that means you only have to survive through ~5-10 minutes of co-op and you'll come back human. So I would usually play until I died enough that I was very reduced, do a single co-op session and come back fully human.

Have fun!

Wok

Wow, wow, wow, I have missed the fact Marc ten Bosch has released something. Not Miegakure though.

2mUIuoG.png

100%'d Tekken 7, it was very straight forward and required minimal online play, which is nice; no 10 win streak in ranked required. Only some of the later fights in story mode gave me a problem, and that was on Normal so I can only imagine some of those fights on a harder difficulty, yeesh. I like Treasure Battle and the loot system a lot and the game is really generous with giving out coins so you're constantly getting rewarded, like getting 20k coins for losing online matches. Awesome to see so many on my friends list picking it up, if anyone wants to arrange a tournament or just mess around in player matches some time, feel free to send an invite!

Ascheroth

Killing that ogre in the beginning gives you a really useful ring for melee builds. It's totally a patience fight.

As far as the reduction in health goes, two major things:
1) Like in Demon's Souls, there's a ring that reduces the max reduction to 25% that you can get pretty early. You also have 4 ring slots, so it became a mainstay for most of my runs.
2) You can lay a summon sign even when you are hollow (unlike DS1). You can also lay a small summon sign that means you only have to survive through ~5-10 minutes of co-op and you'll come back human. So I would usually play until I died enough that I was very reduced, do a single co-op session and come back fully human.

Have fun!
Ogre's dead now. That ring does indeed sound useful.
Thanks for the tips!

Lol, I actually added that fix to the wiki after I randomly found it a few months ago :p

And yes it really doesn't make sense.
You're awesome!

Pixieking

Banned
So, looking at my badge page, I notice two things:

1) Company of Heroes (New Steam Version) now has cards. Paranoia about using Idlemaster (again!) leads me to ask if it's got VAC, since there's no store page for the new Steam version. Edit: A quick Google reveals that it does indeed seem to have VAC.

2) Blood of Old - Rise to Greatness has cards. Looking at the reviews, this seems like it's exactly the kind of situation that the new trading card system was designed for.

Tizoc

I'm bad at Tekken. Is 7 easy to learn? I want to play it at home with friends at the least.

Well if that's the case, then you can just dive into it and mash buttons with your friends and still have a good time.
Options lets you set up one of the buttons to function for performing super moves too.

Well if that's the case, then you can just dive into it and mash buttons with your friends and still have a good time.
Options lets you set up one of the buttons to function for performing super moves too.
I'd like to eventually play online as well. I'm not sure how well the game does at explaining basic and advanced techniques to you.

I'd like to eventually play online as well. I'm not sure how well the game does at explaining basic and advanced techniques to you.

There's no real tutorial unfortunately. You get a practice mode and the move list has markers denoting which moves have special properties and what they do.
Beyond that you will need to use an online guide. I'm sure there are plenty of videos out by now.

Tizoc

WTF is up with Steam? First Yooka Laylee needed me to restart the Steam client so I can run the game. Now King's Quest 2015 is giving me an odd error message.
I revalidated files and now I'll restart the client and see if the game will run normally.
It's like ever since the last update certain games had files missing from them.

Monooboe

Victory! I've been having a waiting game with a supermarket that I live right next to. Been waiting them to lower the price on Recore and Quantum Break to under 10 euro. At first they were 20% off, then 20 euro and now finally 9.95 per game so couldn't resist anymore.:D

Found several games that activate on Steam also really cheap, got COD Advanced Warfighter for 10 and the expansion for Civ Beyond Earth for 5.

Wok

WTF is up with Steam? First Yooka Laylee needed me to restart the Steam client so I can run the game. Now King's Quest 2015 is giving me an odd error message.
I revalidated files and now I'll restart the client and see if the game will run normally.
It's like ever since the last update certain games had files missing from them.

Maybe you have a virus. 😎

As a joke (I'm not really serious but who knows), make sure you don't have any Nier mod installed. 🙊

So, i continued to look through my collection of books and other stuff i bought in recent year, and i found this:
I remember seeing this magazine on Hitman facebook page, but i never thought they released real issue. I found it inside one of my local gaming magazines, really cool stuff. English PDF version can be found here - http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/hit-magazine-pdf/5537

Also, i gave up playing Dawn of War 3. After recent patch matchmaking in multiplayer is non-exists, yesterday i had around 7-8 lost in a row because enemies teams are always packed with hyperactive guys that always attacking central resources points and somehow spawning huge armies in first 2 minutes, while my team are usually just sitting in corners and not doing anything. Elites progression is fucked up, it's almost impossible to level up them in MP because they're getting experience only for killing enemies units, and most games ends before you'll be able to even spawn elites on battlefield. No wonder why there is already custom maps for exp grind in steam workshop, this game is just broken on so many levels. Most annoying thing that almost half of DoW3 achievements is for leveling up your elites to maximum level.

Kiru

2mUIuoG.png

100%'d Tekken 7, it was very straight forward and required minimal online play, which is nice; no 10 win streak in ranked required. Only some of the later fights in story mode gave me a problem, and that was on Normal so I can only imagine some of those fights on a harder difficulty, yeesh. I like Treasure Battle and the loot system a lot and the game is really generous with giving out coins so you're constantly getting rewarded, like getting 20k coins for losing online matches. Awesome to see so many on my friends list picking it up, if anyone wants to arrange a tournament or just mess around in player matches some time, feel free to send an invite!
Sounds good. I like games with minimal online achievements to obtain.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I randomly got 2 Company of Heroes cards without even playing it. wtf?

Cards now also drop retroactively. It recently received cards and you've played enough of it in the past to qualify for two drops.

Tizoc

Maybe you have a virus. 😎

As a joke (I'm not really serious but who knows), make sure you don't have any Nier mod installed. 🙊

Nier itself isn't installed yet :p
I did a virus scan some days ago and everything turned up clean.

Ladekabel

Started SquareCells. I don't know if I like the element where a number on a field shows how big a group is but overall I enjoy it.

Tizoc

I'd say the worst part of Yooka Laylee is the
flight power up
. The controls on that are way too frustrating than they should be.

Looks like Telltale are going to announce Minecraft Story Mode Season 2, game about James Bond:
DBWBX6TXkAA0z3m.jpg

and Tales from the Borderlands Season 2:
DBWBX6SXYAAnHRP.jpg

First season of Tales from the Borderland was my GOTY 2015, so S02 is going to be my first preordered Telltale game in recent years. If all this info is true of course, it's still only rumors thought.

Sorry The Wolf Among Us fans, dream is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom