• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, you don't like metal, barely humanoid badonkadonk?
Who said anything about not liking it?
:B1:

Super Hot is the only good game this month.
Humble stays disappointing. Especially since I didn't care about Stellaris. I'm not gonna buy in for another year in august when mine runs out. Easier to just buy what I want from the Buy/Sell thread
Brigador looks neat but I haven't had the chance to play it yet.

cyba89

Meh bundle. Don't really need two space strategy games. Also own the next early unlock.
But the Adult Swim bundle was already fantastic so I won't complain.

Werd

Hmm... I already waited out the price on DSII: SotFS and got it cheap, I liked the monthly as a source of a mix of games before they get to that point or would show up in other Humble Bundles. Don't really like that direction for the early unlock.

Rest of June is ok, nothing exciting but don't regret the purchase and the last couple were good so alright.

So definitely a case of SFV not being up to task, rather than no market for fighting on Pc like some would've claimed

I always felt like tekken would be the first true test to see how viable fighting games would be on steam. Most fighting games on steam have been late, broken, have online problems, missing content, or just extremely niche. There just had to be a fighting game to come out day and date, have a good amount of content, run well, and have good online. Street Fighter V ruined that chance and Tekken is there to pick up the pieces. I just wish there was crossplay in some form :/

Wok

The Scholar edition for DS2 is just one complete package, DLC isn't separate.

I don't know if the DS2 unlocks any DLC but I'm sort of assuming it does just by its name since DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin was basically the GOTY name and the Dark Souls 2 version is the basic game name and still purchasable on steam

Ah, cool, then! This explains the wording in the email:

DzyfTuV.png

No soundtrack for Plague Inc.

Thanks!

Regginator

I don't know if the DS2 unlocks any DLC but I'm sort of assuming it does just by its name since DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin was basically the GOTY name and the Dark Souls 2 version is the basic game name and still purchasable on steam

The Scholar edition is the 64-bit version that, if I recall correctly, also looks somewhat better, and the enemy placements are different from the original version.

Why did they stop such deals? Did they hurt their profits?

Correct. Their researched showed that people were holding off buying, waiting for the dailies. This translated into people buying less and less each sale. Then they took away the dailies and steam and developers made a lot more money. Thus Flash is dead.

Mildly disappointed by the Monthly, because I already own Superhot.

But Snake Pass went on sale for $10, so that has redeemed my day in regards to video games.

Whats the deal with snakes pass? looks like a Waifu sim for people into snakes,

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Superhot, Ashes and Plague Inc nice.

Tizoc

Interestingly enough Ashes of Singularity was released 6 months ago.
So what kind of game does it resemble? Dawn of War?

Eila

Is the Dark Souls 2 port better than the DS1 port?

Way more scalable. It runs much better than DSI on modest hardware.
SOTFS has slightly higher hardware requirements, but not by much. Still easy to get 60 fps as long as you have a video card from the past 6 years or so.

Ascheroth

Whoo, that's my first Monthly.
That's cheaper then DS2 will ever be on Steam + extra games that might end up good and +10% for the Humble summer sale (it will be this month, right?)
Now let's just hope I can actually get it to run, since last time I had to refund it because I couldn't get it to run without insta-crashing. *crosses fingers*

Wok

Spare.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Wok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Plague Inc: Evolved -- MB-33DFF36825D294FD - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 13 entrants total.

t1496425689z1.png

Interestingly enough Ashes of Singularity was released 6 months ago.
So what kind of game does it resemble? Dawn of War?

Its basically Total Annihilation. When Atari had an IP auction, one of the games Star Dock tried to get was Total Annihilation. They didn't get it so they made their own ip. Its an amazing engine, really pretty. Game play wise its ok.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so no debut game this month btw

in fact, theres only 7 games, isnt it always 8?

edit: wait did that fucking comic thing replace the 8th game? That is literally not what we paid for Humble lol.

Pachimari

Hmm, personally disappointing, because I already got SuperHOT, and have been playing Plague Inc on mobile. Brigador I'm fine with but I don't know anything about the rest. Gonna skip out on next month's humble bundle too.

Wok

I don't understand this. What candidates?

You can check the list of games to be released on the day of the bundle before the bundle is actually released. Usually, there are a few clues which hint at which game would be part of the monthly bundle. This month, the two games which looked like possible Humble Debut candidate games had their devs explicitly state that their games were not part of the monthly bundle.

Wok

Don't forget about the GOTY. It is 50% off for 24 hours, which makes it $10.

Do the debut games ever end up on Steam and do we get keys if/when they do?

Humble Debut games are on Steam on their first day.

Humble Original games can be released on Steam later on, but it is not automatic.

Don't forget about the GOTY. $10.

Humble Debut games are on Steam on their first day.

Humble Original games can be released on Steam later on, but it is not automatic.

Sorry Original is what I meant. I should go back to previous months and check.

Anyone also has that problem. Cant see my activity feed since around yesterday.

Logged on and off and still cant see it.

Edit: Also Dragon Knight is back.

header.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I would expect Steam to be somewhat wonky some in the next month. They're both prepping for some huge changes to Steam itself and the Summer Sale, so I imagine there's a lot of internal changes going on.

14 days passed and no new games from chrono.gg shop.

111a4a87d3c51022970dd5b0fa5c67ef.png

rostocker

Way more scalable. It runs much better than DSI on modest hardware.
SOTFS has slightly higher hardware requirements, but not by much. Still easy to get 60 fps as long as you have a video card from the past 6 years or so.

Yes, it ran pretty smooth for me at 60 fps.

also the game gets far too much hate, i think it's even better than 3 besides all the spooders
Thanks to both of you.

venomenon

Not the greatest Monthly for me, DS2 is no incentive for next month as well :-/

But how about some good stuff from previous Monthlies:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witness -- MB-C4D7E43156DB8F3A - Taken by sixteen-bit. 20 entrants total.
This is the Police -- MB-4E2CAB8502A4CDC3 - Taken by Jalal. 20 entrants total.
Undertale -- MB-34679E26D942D03A - Taken by Neverforget. 15 entrants total.

t1496437494z1.png

Kssio_Aug

Can someone explain me how these Steam DB data works?

I was checking on Doom, and it says it has currenlty 1,834,156 ± 39,395 owners. But what these 39.395 owners means?

And why does it says there were more Doom owners in 31st May (1.919.873) compared with today? (1.834.156)

Source: https://steamdb.info/app/379720/graphs/

Wok

Can someone explain me how these Steam DB data works?

I was checking on Doom, and it says it has currenlty 1,834,156 ± 39,395 owners. But what these 39.395 owners means?

And why does it says there were more Doom owners in 31st May (1.919.873) compared with today? (1.834.156)

Source: https://steamdb.info/app/379720/graphs/

SteamDB relies on SteamSpy's statistical polling.

Why the number of owners for the game is decreasing?

If the decrease is small, it's just the margin of error in action. Don't worry, it's still probably somewhere on that interval. Also, first day results for every game are often botched, so don't pay them too much attention.

But if decrease is huge that's because the game had a free weekend sometime ago. It seems that if user doesn't log in, Steam revokes the license for the game only after quite some time. That's why Steam Spy will see the game as 'owned' even if the user technically never bought it.

See the FAQ: https://steamspy.com/about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom