• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
See below for instructions on how to download the Game Update 4 beta which includes various optimizations.

How to access the Steam beta update:
Right Click on Dishonored 2 in your Library.
Select Properties.
Select Betas.
A drop down menu will appear. Select betapatch – Public.
Select CLOSE.
Wait for the game to update.
When done, Dishonored 2 [betapatch] should appear in your Library.

Please let us know your feedback in the Dishonored 2 PC Update 4 Beta Forums on Bethesda.net: https://bethesda.net/community/category/172/steam-beta-update-4

Thanks for your support!

New Dishonored 2 beta patch. I wonder what's been messed with. Can't try it with the demo.

This is what someone wrote in that R.I.P. Denuvo thread:

And someone else:

k...

I knew it that lots of Gaffers are actually Gematsu members as well.

They're good at hiding their salt in Gaf, but it was obvious how those console warriors feel in Gematsu discussions when the Japanese games were starting to come to PC one after another. That was embarassing, even the mods there had to sticky a post and lock some discussions on PC announcement. The comments in that thread reminded me of those times.

wow this week's bundle has one of the highest averages I remember seeing

67b.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Greenlight is RIP

[Steam Blog] Closing Greenlight Today, Steam Direct Launches June 13 - https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791457287600/announcements/detail/1265922321514182595

Shameless self-quote:

Hmm, I was expecting those who've paid the Greenlight fee but haven't been greenlit to be grandfathered into Direct with one "slot". I don't think Valve's thought the refund suggestion through; the fee is actually giftable/tradable, so not everybody who has Greenlight access paid for it directly themselves or even with real-world money. For example, I had it gifted to me as it was supposed to be a milestone "game" and I didn't want to pay USD$100, so the refund would go back to the GAFer from whom I bought it, and I'd imagine anybody who received it via trading is completely out of luck as Valve no longer reverses trades.

It's probably a coincidence but I couldn't help but notice that Disho2 Denuvo was just cracked. They probably didn't remove it with the patch, right?
I thought maybe it was related but somebody else said that the Denuvo is still detected in the beta build. Probably doing something with the Steam Sale around the corner is my guess.

Somebody level with me, how is Rise of the Tomb Raider? I'm trying to create my sales list.

Somebody level with me, how is Rise of the Tomb Raider? I'm trying to create my sales list.

Did you play the first game? Did you enjoy it? It's more of that, with some new features and a semi-open world. I was a big fan personally, it was on my GOTY list last year.

Definitely worth getting if you have a good PC as well, since it's one of the best games I've ever seen graphically.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Woah, a modern spiritual successor to the very old Microprose game Red Storm Rising came out on Steam yesterday: Cold Waters:

header.jpg

I loved RSR on my old C64, played the living hell out of that game! Anyone here played Cold Waters yet? This title intrigues me...

bbd23

I loved Rise of the Tomb Raider. the story kinda sucks but the gameplay is really fun and it looks amazing on PC

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I loved Rise of the Tomb Raider. the story kinda sucks but the gameplay is really fun and it looks amazing on PC

I was once again disappointed in the tombs. Squeenix's proud claim that it was "bringing tombs back to Tomb Raider" amounted to virtually nothing. Sure, they're better than their Tomb Raider 2013 counterparts, but not by much and certainly not to the extent that they represent a return to form.

-MD-

You aren't missing much if you skip it.

I got 15 hours in, I think I was like an hour away from seeing credits roll but just didn't care enough to see it through. Nothing memorable about that game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DBpHqBZXYAERJ4z.jpg

truly the biggest exclusive PC owners will miss :(

Parsnip

Bought PUBG, played a few hours and refunded it.
Not for me at all.

I didn't enjoy it a ton.
Greatly preferred the reboot, and even more greatly preferred the Legend-Anniversary-Underworld trilogy.

Anyone else having steam connection issues? I'm online but steam can't connect.

edit: nevermind, exited and ctl al delete the bastard and it turns out it was some update hijinks.

Just mopped up the last achievement in Grim Legends 3. Just re-iterating:

It's good. It's damn good. (And when was the last time I said that about one of these games, huh?)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Honestly surprised No Man's Sky hasnt been the humble monthly showcase game yet.

Im sure it will happen, I just thought they would want to get the game out there now that it's in a better shape, to get word of mouth going maybe.

Man I did not expect that Pokemon news to get the kinda reaction it did. I get the feeling this is just the start, with hype levels unchecked, E3 next week is gonna be a slaughtering ground on gaming side.

sanhora

Eurogamer interviews Chris Taylor: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-01-going-pottery-total-annihilations-chris-taylor-new-rts

"No Steam, no GOG, no App Store," he says. "It's going to be on my own website. People will hear about it and get a link and go to my website and play the game, and that's all there is to it. Absolute pure independence."
It will also be free-to-play but, he adds, "I'm changing the free-to-play model".
Good luck with that, Chris.

Well, ignoring the passive-aggressive elitism of your "20-odd people" remark, he's illustrating that the wide world of Steam is no longer for everyone. Not every dev can afford every fee, and it's going to negatively affect even quality developers, not just those doing asset flips or gaming the card system.

Interestingly, as Steam grows to become close to a fully-fledged retailer, itch.io is going to follow in its wake.

It's not passive aggressive. Assuming someone can't recoup the costs on $100, and your game costs like $5, then that's like 20 people that bought your game. I'm super fudging the math here, but that's about how I see it - we're talking REALLY low user base.

If you have a game that made that little profit or have that few of players, I just don't see why you'd be on Steam in the first place. You'd be better doing your own thing, potentially with your own business model.

I liked it a lot, but it's not as good as the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom