• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonton

Honestly surprised No Man's Sky hasnt been the humble monthly showcase game yet.

Im sure it will happen, I just thought they would want to get the game out there now that it's in a better shape, to get word of mouth going maybe.
Didn't Humble promise only positively rated games?
NMS hás like 30% positive reviews

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

LOL really? haha thats hilarious if thats the reason it would keep it from being a Monthly game ;_;

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Easy. Just use the Metacritic score for the PS4 version, which for some weird, unknowable reason is 14 points higher than the PC version.

c9cc525789ffbb038c2adfcf2088c643.png

But to be fair, I believe this was a Humble debut. So it didn't have a rating yet.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
No news after that tech demo and now this, face tech that looks expensive and only a 30 dollars price tag. I have a bad feeling about this.
Expect something like 4-6 hours cause they spent the budget finding solutions to make cheaper alternatives than the regular tech.

Parsnip

No news after that tech demo and now this, face tech that looks expensive and only a 30 dollars price tag. I have a bad feeling about this.

They have been doing dev diary vids on their tube channel fairly often so it's not like the release date came out of nowhere, but the combat in the game is still a bit of mystery to me despite watching all of them.

Humble
wjp1xVE_d.jpg
Bundle

On the other hand, Securom-less Crysis on sale on GOG? Sure I'll take it.
They have been doing dev diary vids on their tube channel fairly often so it's not like the release date came out of nowhere, but the combat in the game is still a bit of mystery to me despite watching all of them.
I'll try to find out more about this game but there isn't a lot of info out there.

kagamin

Root Double for 12 dollars plus other random stuff I potentially might read is a goddamn deal, gave away my copies of Nekopara to some poor sap already to set things off in a good direction.

If you have a game that made that little profit or have that few of players, I just don't see why you'd be on Steam in the first place. You'd be better doing your own thing, potentially with your own business model.

So what you're saying is that poor developers should not be able to access to the largest PC gaming marketplace and their best chance to stop being poor developers.

Anno

Signed up for the IndieBox Hollow Knight deal. Never done that before, so I'm kinda hyped for a nice boxed package for the first time in like a decade.

def sim

Steam asked me if my email address is still my current one and then wanted to verify it. Weird!

I didn't bother as it's already verified.

Regginator

I'm sorry but wtf is this Humble Teach Me Senpai bundle?? It feels like I somehow ended up in an extremely sinister part of the dark web that I never thought to be real with all this loli-looking stuff. I've quickly deleted my browser history before the feds burst through my door.

I'm having none of this shit thank you very much.

Teeth

I'll try to find out more about this game but there isn't a lot of info out there.

Hell blade is half Infinite Blade/Punchout/Dark Souls combat, half walking sim/linear narrative game.

You walk a bit, get some story, gawk at the pretty environments, then fight some dudes using a rudimentary set of attacks and dodges. Maybe do a light "puzzle" then walk/fight some more.

Looks cool and the art is spectacular. Jury's out on how engaging the combat is.

Humble cleanup
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 7 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-1AAD53CCA62B1420 - Taken by Avenger54321
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-DB9632A0D3158719 - Taken by Vlad
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) -- MB-5F23BDE586864EFE
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-8560384814B3BF27 - Taken by Judge Magister Zexion
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-1F30207DFB02E1F3 - Taken by Cels
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-AAFE175284A2DC28 - Taken by Nabae
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-774825AEE9ADE7CD - Taken by fuzzy123

kagamin

I'll post a very non-detailed write up (unlike some people) on Root Double once I get around to going through it, it's a promise and you can hold me to it if you like, but I doubt you can do anything about it if it doesn't happen.

ModBot said:
Instructions for FeedMeAStrayCat:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FeedMeAStrayCat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

All Guns on Deck -- MB-175A887FBBDA8339 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-7231A78E2022A5AD - Taken by purseowner. 2 entrants total.

t1496802027z1.png

WOOOOO

Catshade

Note: This is the base game, not the DLC

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Creature Clicker -- MB-87FB1B516F1C0093 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

FLD

Ugh, I have no idea what to play. Even among the games I'm planning to play there's nothing I have any desire to start right now. Same thing happened the week right before TitS 3rd's release, only this time it's not because there's a game I'm anticipating over everything else. It suuuuuucks.

Whenever this happens, I usually take the opportunity to try random/obscure indie stuff but even that sounds kinda meh right now. I ended up just watching movies the last couple nights but I don't really feel like doing that again. Help?

If they did then they're bloody liars. We just got Shoppe Keep in the monthly and not only is it utter crap, but it's been abandoned for ages by the developer. Kinda mad about that.

If they did then they're bloody liars. We just got Shoppe Keep in the monthly and not only is it utter crap, but it's been abandoned for ages by the developer. Kinda mad about that.

I mean it's still technically overall positive.

a4a4d6ea4049bb39f06f58ab1c948315.png

Still rather shitty they put it in, all things considering.

BadAss2961

Anyone play The Evil Within lately? Want to know if it runs fine with the framerate unlocked, or if you should cap it to 60.

Okay Mars War Logs is pretty bad. I was hoping for good jank like Risen but it is just too linear and there is way too much backtracking. I will power through and finish it, maybe it gets better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, the combat system still being something of a mystery seems rather strange, especially this close to release. Maybe Senua's psychosis plays into it and NT wants to keep things under wraps in hope that players are pleasantly surprised. It's either that or what has been shown of the combat is supposed to be the whole story.

Any hack n slash game recently released in the vibe of diablo and torchlight?
Getting the itch to play something alike.

Grim Dawn left Early Access a few months ago.

Pixieking

Banned
Isnt DRM on Vita?

Ah, it may be, to be fair. I only pay attention to PS3/PS4 games. :)

It's not passive aggressive. Assuming someone can't recoup the costs on $100, and your game costs like $5, then that's like 20 people that bought your game. I'm super fudging the math here, but that's about how I see it - we're talking REALLY low user base.

If you have a game that made that little profit or have that few of players, I just don't see why you'd be on Steam in the first place. You'd be better doing your own thing, potentially with your own business model.

It's not an argument I fully agree with, but Rob's always been behind the idea of gaming as experimentation. Gaming as learning, so you can do something better in the future, or taking an idea off-the-beaten-path. Yes, if you have any type of game people may vaguely like, you're going to recoup that Direct fee. But it does mean that the potential for experimentation - the gaming equivalent of someone making some weird craft thing in their living room and selling it at yard sales or church fetes - is going to be shunted out of Steam.

As I say at the top, I don't fully agree with this. In theory it's a great idea - developers selling their "My first psychotropic VN" or whatever to gain some publicity, and recoup money that they've lost from not taking overtime in their real job. But I'm not sure if Steam was ever the place for that. It maybe ought to be, due to how large it is, but I think a community that's as childish as Steam's is - egged-on by Jim Sterling and always-angry Youtubers or "journos" - is too immature for weird-not-quite-games from developers old and new.

I'm sorry but wtf is this Humble Teach Me Senpai bundle?? It feels like I somehow ended up in an extremely sinister part of the dark web that I never thought to be real with all this loli-looking stuff. I've quickly deleted my browser history before the feds burst through my door.

I'm having none of this shit thank you very much.

-_^

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Tekken customization is my biggest reason for wanting the game. Im weird.

Vazra

that Tekken customization is my biggest reason for wanting the game. Im weird.

The options are weaker than Tekken 5,6 and TTT2 but there is some stuff that can be done but its very limited on what you can do in comparison to previous entries.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok dark souls 3 dlc 2 is very much not good on this first few minutes

for starters, it runs like absolute shit. played the whole game at 60 fps, now i'm lucky to get 40 even if i drop it to low

and i can't even tell if that's because it looks good cos it has really annoying encounter design shit around raining magic lasers at you and throwing hordes of respawning (i think?) enemies at you and like sand worms and shit, so i've been running for most of the level barely stopping for a second to look at where the fuck i am

that's really not fun and i'm someone that likes valley of defilement and blighttown and other assholy sections like those

and it just keeps crashing so i don't even feel like playing it anymore

really frustrated with how bad it's been so far, specially considering how good the other dlc was

Rhaknar

The options are weaker than Tekken 5,6 and TTT2 but there is some stuff that can be done but its very limited on what you can do in comparison to previous entries.

Why are you killing my buzz by imediatly going "its not as good as it used to be!", im not going to play those games, I'm going to play this one (well if I get it).

Vazra

Why are you killing my buzz by imediatly going "its not as good as it used to be!", im not going to play those games, I'm going to play this one (well if I get it).

Im just making sure you are well informed about it. I still get cool stuff done within the limits but it could be much better and remove some odd limitations on areas.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
lmao I got accused of being a nintendo fanboy due to liking pokken and thinking people are overblowing the USUM issue because I didn't fall for the leaks not lining up with gamefreak's shit and posting a lot in ARMS

even though the stuff that currently occupies my time are Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Paladins, and Sims 3, and I'm anticipating Civ VI's announcements and others, and recently bought Vanquish

this board sometimes lol

Ascheroth

I've seen it all now.

Someone with no VN experience buying the VN bundle and starting with Nekopara, while not liking the art of Fata Morgana.

Humanity was a mistake.

Rhaknar

I need to pick up that Paladins founders pack one of these days, when its on sale again. The game was quite decent when I tried it and they seem to be releasing heroes quite fast, its up to 27 so I guess they are taking more of a moba approach with heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom