• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Lmao.

I now know where I went wrong:

Totally missed this ladder when I was here the first time and just assumed the nearby stone dude was the way forward so I didn't check much.
Although there's a fog gate behind stone dude, so maybe it does continue from there too. The plot thickens...
I retract this. That ladder just leads to an item. Which means my initial assumption was correct which means that spider amusment park was my only way forward...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Fortnite trailer looks surprisingly fun

Ascheroth

Did you do Heide's Tower already? That is another way into Lost Bastille.
I came into Lost Bastille from No Mans Wharf via Heides Tower before going to the Shaded Woods and spider land. Explored everything there but ultimately didn't find a way to continue (assumed it was behind the stone statue I found there, but had no unpetrifiers, which turns out to be correct). Well, I'm making progress now!
C21CFDA4044D6D63CF5CA4A3D64A9BF7281EC6C6
What is it with this game and its love for throwing multiple things at you. ಠ~ಠ

Also, I'm mostly just talking to myself here : P

Endruen

I came into Lost Bastille from No Mans Wharf via Heides Tower before going to the Shaded Woods and spider land. Explored everything there but ultimately didn't find a way to continue (assumed it was behind the stone statue I found there, but had no unpetrifiers, which turns out to be correct). Well, I'm making progress now!

What is it with this game and its love for throwing multiple things at you. ಠ~ಠ

Also, I'm mostly just talking to myself here : P

It's pretty straight forward, I don't know how you missed it.

Ascheroth

It's pretty straight forward, I don't know how you missed it.
I did not miss it. I came across this before I went to the Shaded Woods. I just couldn't continue because I had no branch of yore. I'd used the first one on the statue in Things Betwixed, which gets you essentially nowhere.

AHA-Lambda

How can you determine the value of the game just like that?

Well it's more expensive than many new releases on Steam (for the UK anyway)
Info/gameplay/first impressions are minimal (it wouldn't be on my radar at all if it weren't for the premise and that it's made by the LiS devs)
So the question I'd ask is, what makes it worth £45?

But I'm admittedly stingey with money when it comes to buying games, and rarely ever pay more than £30 for a game
So, it's not looking good from my end. And at end of the day value is subjective after all.

kagamin

I did not miss it. I came across this before I went to the Shaded Woods. I just couldn't continue because I had no branch of yore. I'd used the first one on the statue in Things Betwixed, which gets you essentially nowhere.

This is why I don't like SOTFS as much, it needlessly restricts where you can go early in the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did they ever "fix" magic in DS3 or is it still poop?

I feel if I play it again it has to be something different from the usual big ass sword, big ass shield tank, but I dont want to be gimped either, im shit enough at the game (or the series) as it is.

Ascheroth

You don't have to go that way in Lost Bastille if you enter via the boat. A lot of that level is optional really.
But I did enter via boat, lmao. I don't really care either way, as I wouldn't have liked spider land no matter when I went to it. There's not a single positive thing I can say about it, and at least I got it out of the way now. Shit bonfire placement. Shit enemies. Shit enemy placement. Shit level design. Shit everything.
Boss is nice though.

Anyway. At the gargoyles. Point still stands: This game really likes throwing multiple things at you. I do not.

Endruen

You don't need a branch of yore, you just have to cross a bridge.

But I did enter via boat, lmao. I don't really care either way, as I wouldn't have liked spider land no matter when I went to it. There's not a single positive thing I can say about it, and at least I got it out of the way now. Shit bonfire placement. Shit enemies. Shit enemy placement. Shit level design. Shit everything.
Boss is nice though.

Anyway. At the gargoyles. Point still stands: This game really likes throwing multiple things at you. I do not.

Those are optional too. And yes, they love to do that.

My parents are watching a movie called "Elle" and the main character is part of the development team of Styx, lol.
I only watched like 5 minutes of it while I was eating, but damn, it looks shit.

Rhaknar

Ashes of Singularity had a free update with a new campaign today, neat.

did they ever "fix" magic in DS3 or is it still poop?

I feel if I play it again it has to be something different from the usual big ass sword, big ass shield tank, but I dont want to be gimped either, im shit enough at the game (or the series) as it is.

I recently finished DS3 as a pure pyro build with a whip in the main hand and a flame in the other and it was not too difficult. But i usually play dex builds so i never really rely on shields all that much.
You will however have to gimp yourself slightly because of the way estus works in the game.

That's mostly the redesigned encounters of Scholars. They seem to think that more enemies = more fun

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Super LOH -- MB-6D110223198F6E52 - Taken by Dangerblade

take it

Rhaknar

Died on the ice lizard in the tutorial, rust is real. But then one shot the boss so thats ok. Whats not ok is that apparently im over Dark Souls as I have no desire at all to continue. That or the slump is real.

I did play 3 hours of Headlander and I really enjoyed it, but then the chess part bummed me out and I stopped (I did best that chess shit and the boss, I stopped after).

I continue to shrug at any and all videogames lately.

Tonton

Died on the ice lizard in the tutorial, rust is real. But then one shot the boss so thats ok. Whats not ok is that apparently im over Dark Souls as I have no desire at all to continue. That or the slump is real.

I did play 3 hours of Headlander and I really enjoyed it, but then the chess part bummed me out and I stopped (I did best that chess shit and the boss, I stopped after).

I continue to shrug at any and all videogames lately.
Is there anything you really want you don't have?
At those times that seems to be the only solution
Or take a small break from videogames in a while is ok too

The worst is when neither anime nor games are working then I just end up browsing GAF aimlessly

I tried to play the Witness.

I stopped playing the Witness.

The puzzle part is alright, but the part where it takes ten minutes to switch "levels" kills my desire to actually go back.

Rhaknar

Is there anything you really want you don't have?
At those times that seems to be the only solution

Yes, yes there is.

The necromancer in Diablo 3. Thats what I actually want to play. But I cant and so im pouting like a child.

Ill play more Headlander tho, im digging it and its not very long (like 8 hours if that?)

kionedrik

That's mostly the redesigned encounters of Scholars. They seem to think that more enemies = more fun

Vanilla DS2 already had a lot of those multi-enemy encounters but they decided the game needed even more, which is beyond any reasonable human being's comprehension. The stupidest thing ever done in a DS game has to be the 3 knights boss in one of the DLCs (Sunken King I believe).

But the thing that boggles my mind to this day in SotFS is the quantity of petrified people there are compared with the vanilla version. Just why...?

Hektor

Vanilla DS2 already had a lot of those multi-enemy encounters but they decided the game needed even more, which is beyond any reasonable human being's comprehension. The stupidest thing ever done in a DS game has to be the 3 knights boss in one of the DLCs (Sunken King I believe).

But the thing that boggles my mind to this day in SotFS is the quantity of petrified people there are compared with the vanilla version. Just why...?

I had the feeling they "rebalanced" the game solely for the sake of having an additional selling point on the box, the way it is done even screws with the learning curve of certain enemies types at spots, like the turtle knights at the beginning.

The worst is when neither anime nor games are working then I just end up browsing GAF aimlessly

Story of my life, just without the anime.

Shoutout to whoever posted the RAGE deal earlier though. Been playing that most of the evening. It's pretty good so far. Closest thing I've gotten to another Mad Max (I really liked that game).

MadGear

I finished Outland earlier today and to my own surprise I didn't enjoy it all that much. I mean, conceptually this should be an amazing game but imo they did way too little with the Ikaruga mechanic. There are a few neat sections where you have to quickly switch between your powers to avoid damage or to reach platforms, but for the most part the "challenges" felt very uninspired and straightforward. The combat is also very generic and only picks up during the last area of the game but at that point I didn't really care about the gold anymore so I simply skipped enemies whenever possible. I don't know, it's not terrible but I always thought there was more to this game.

Wok

Dota2 campaign behind a paywall:
A day of reckoning has arrived. A long-dormant evil stirs in Dark Reef prison, and four chosen defenders must band together to undertake a secret mission to stop the fiendish Siltbreaker and his enthralled host of followers. To face this dire threat, all Battle Pass owners are invited to journey across vast landscapes filled with hordes of monsters and other lethal terrors in the first-ever cooperative Dota 2 Multiplayer Campaign.

Lore:
As Act I opens, Siltbreaker awakens in the depths of Dark Reef, and the mysterious Conclave of the Brine calls upon you to halt this dark power's ascent, starting with Siltbreaker's twisted creation—Rhyzik the Corruptor.
Can you defeat Rhyzik to earn your just rewards and set up an Act II showdown with Siltbreaker? Party up with three friends or queue-met allies to find out. Stick together and stay alert. You might just stand a fighting chance.

http://blog.dota2.com/2017/06/exclusive-battle-pass-campaign-siltbreaker-act-i/

Aeana

Just want to remind everyone that Moero Chronicle is one of the games that we've deemed unwelcome on GAF, and being released on a new platform does not change that.

Tonton

Dragon Quest XI
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy XV Definitive
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (xb1/pc)

No wait replace kingdom hearts with Drakengard 4

It's probably all Eidos games I don't suppose these could already be for the Marvel stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom