• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadblob

You can't really skip it since it's not an optional area and at the end of it there's a spider boss, which is required to beat the game, so no.
It's a short area, though.

From the wiki:

Obtaining the following 4 boss souls during the current playthrough will allow the door to open (list of bosses, including the spider).
Alternatively, this requirement can be bypassed by obtaining enough souls. It requires 1 million souls in the first playthrough, and in subsequent playthroughs, an additional million each time.

kionedrik

You can't really skip it since it's not an optional area and at the end of it there's a spider boss, which is required to beat the game, so no.
It's a short area, though.

Actually you can skip it. To open the Shrine of Winter (?) you need 4 great souls or 1M soul memory, which is easily attainable by visiting all the other 3 big bosses, plus the "spider zone" is at the end of a branch so you can still safely visit most of the areas in that branch.

Endruen

From the wiki:

Actually you can skip it. To open the Shrine of Winter (?) you need 4 great souls or 1M soul memory, which is easily attainable by visiting all the other 3 big bosses, plus the "spider zone" is at the end of a branch so you can still safely visit most of the areas in that branch.

Oh, true, I forgot about that. Yeah, unless you're Ascheroth, by the time you reach that point you will be close to 1M.

sadblob

Oh, true, I forgot about that. Yeah, unless you're Ascheroth, by the time you reach that point you will be close to 1M.

Awesome, thanks for the answers!

WayForward is doing a pixel art Metroid-looking game based on the shitty new Tom Cruise Mummy film, coming to Steam in August. Screenshot looks good, though their track record with licensed games makes me a bit wary.

zKEof3e.jpg

sprinkles

When did they add soul memory as an option to open that big gate? I don't think it was around when I played it (near launch).
That was always in if I remember correctly, the Winter gate just opened for most people after collecting the four Great Souls because your soul memory hit that barrier then.

Ascheroth

Lmao.

I now know where I went wrong:
Totally missed this ladder when I was here the first time and just assumed the nearby stone dude was the way forward so I didn't check much.
Although there's a fog gate behind stone dude, so maybe it does continue from there too. The plot thickens...

Purkake4

Banned
£45? Really?? That's more expensive than some new AAA releases for the UK
Haven't most Focus published titles of late been about £35 or so at launch?

Yeah, no chance from me at day one at that price, sorry.
Umm yeah, that's a "wait for the reactions" price for sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh wow, didn't recognise it from the back.

I love Dark Souls' loot; it's all about the fashion souls. My DS2 run would've felt entirely different without Lucatiel's Mask.
yeah it's really rewarding to find a good looking armor set or whatever

As far as I recall the PC version of Soul Reaver is somewhat inferior to the Playstation version too. I can't remember the specifics though.
hmm i played soul reaver on pc for a bit like last year and outside of it lacking controller support i can't remember much being different

that being said i played the ps1 version like 17 gazillion years ago

chronomac

I love E3 leaks, where people only know how to take blurry photos. Also, glorious lists.

The lists are always amusing but at least this one has been moderately researched, specifically with the developers: ND Cube worked on a few Mario Party games, Next Level handled the Luigi's Mansion sequel, and Good-Feel the Yoshi and Kirby yarn/wool games.

derFeef

Vampyr is £37 with foruncut discount on gamesplanet:

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/vampyr-steam-key--3307-1

Personally i would wait for cdkeys, it might be cheaper.

£45? Really?? That's more expensive than some new AAA releases for the UK
Haven't most Focus published titles of late been about £35 or so at launch?

Yeah, no chance from me at day one at that price, sorry.

How can you determine the value of the game just like that?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThingontheFloor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ABZU -- MB-AB05CD8DED75814E - Taken by White Wolf. 12 entrants total.
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-136551DAC1634CD5 - Taken by prudislav. 1 entrants total.

t1496948091z1.png
Sweet bundle, had a couple games already but worth it for the dolphins.

So, stupid question. How the fuck do I update RTSS? It won't connect to the update server, so I find version 7.0 and download it. Now it won't install because RTSS is running, and everytime I close it, it just restarts itself. I can't even end the process without it restarting.

What do?

Edit: NVM, forgot it was tied to afterburner.

Nintendo lists have to be my favorite "leak", they have literally never ever been even close to true

it's like they look at fan lists to see what's in demand, and then be like "nah"

aside from breath of the wild and maybe some rare instances, i think nintendo never listens to fans. they do their own thing for better and worse, and luckily it mostly turns out okay, but yeah every nintendo "leak" is hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom