• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nomadic Sparks, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

R.A.G.E -- MB-EF210024A1980108 - Taken by Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nomadic Sparks, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

R.A.G.E -- MB-EF210024A1980108 - Taken by Jawmuncher

Thanks Dude!

DBzgd2EW0AEzAiT.jpg
What.. is this?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Duck Game -- MB-D665FE7F65B18240 - Taken by voodooray
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-E021B8FAEDFC61BC - Taken by GrinningColossus
Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition -- MB-D525E3E4C5A004B6 - Taken by Popstar
GoNNER Press Jump To Die Edition -- MB-2CD8673265620C8F - Taken by arts&crafts
Headlander -- MB-6329EF2E3E69BE1F - Taken by OmarYusaf
Rise & Shine -- MB-52CDE06734836B64 - Taken by Mike Bison
Shoppe Keep -- MB-1BBC777F4670004D - Taken by Endruen
Steamworld Heist -- MB-B8DA9673B7FC419F - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-9F93E44CF052DD6D - Taken by Hakkelus

Wasted -- MB-692DEB07FB790142 - Taken by Cels
Ziggurat -- MB-C33BC7C5F1979BBB - Taken by Jalal

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What.. is this?

A fake.

But I'd actually sort of like to see someone tackle that concept. For some reason, magic-based societies are always depicted as being stuck in a medieval setting. But what would that society look like if it had the same kind of technological leaps as our own?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is CDProjektRed at e3? Probably not right?

It's not on the list of participating companies (i.e. those with a booth), but that doesn't necessarily rule out another Cyberpunk teaser during the Sony/Microsoft conference (I wouldn't expect one, though).

JaseC

Nice pricing. I'm waiting for game length/content/replayability before pre-ordering.

But considering the pricing, I guess it'll be a rather short game.

It's full price minus the "console tax" (i.e. USD$50 or your regional equivalent). On the console side, it's USD$60 and such.

JaseC

Ah, I see. That's reassuring then.

I don't think it'll be on the short side. It's "semi-open world", which Dontnod has said means you're free to roam about the four modestly-sized districts as you please but there's one area that's inaccessible until later in the main mission line.

It's full price minus the "console tax" (i.e. USD$50 or your regional equivalent). On the console side, it's USD$60 and such.

It is a bit cheaper in Canada but that is probably because they arent trying to gouge us like most developers and appear to be doing a straight conversion. Base price is $65.99CAD where as Tekken for example is $69.99.

I won't dispute that, most of the guns feel great. I'm honestly not sure whether the guns are better in Rage or in Doom 2016.

Yeah that's why I said 'one of the best' :p

I distinctly remember thinking that RAGE had an amazing shotgun when I played it. As much as I enjoyed Doom last year, I never had that specific thought.

I could be misremembering, but aren't the routes slightly different?

Nope. The side missions send you right back to the level you just completed in the main mission. You might be thinking of that one level where you are asked to play it forwards and then backwards as two separate main missions.

JaseC

Nope. The side missions send you right back to the level you just completed in the main mission. You might be thinking of that one level where you are asked to play it forwards and then backwards as two separate main missions.

Ah, probably.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThingontheFloor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stellaris -- MB-0F5547F09A09C4AF - Taken by sadblob. 9 entrants total.

t1496940489z1.png

Finished the 900 mile drive to my new place in Denver and I can pc game again huzzah! Is Friday the 13th worth buying now? I did really like Evolve but does this seem like it has more of a life?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You now have 2 options
Option 1- STFU and go buy and play Thimbleweed Park
Option 2- Get it during Summer Sale

Seriously if there weren't so many great games this year, TP would be among my top 10 GOTY titles.

Ooo reminds me of Monkey Island

ArjanN

A fake.

But I'd actually sort of like to see someone tackle that concept. For some reason, magic-based societies are always depicted as being stuck in a medieval setting. But what would that society look like if it had the same kind of technological leaps as our own?

You're just describing Shadowrun. :p

sadblob

Almost finished with Dark Souls 1, interested in getting 2 but the don't know if I can handle the spider level. I've read it's possible to skip it entirely by grinding souls, does it require too much effort to do so?

Endruen

Almost finished with Dark Souls 1, interested in getting 2 but the don't know if I can handle the spider level. I've read it's possible to skip it entirely by grinding souls, does it require too much effort to do so?

You can't really skip it since it's not an optional area and at the end of it there's a spider boss, which is required to beat the game, so no.
It's a short area, though.

I don't think it'll be on the short side. It's "semi-open world", which Dontnod has said means you're free to roam about the four modestly-sized districts as you please but there's one area that's inaccessible until later in the main mission line.

Right, I think I've read that before somewhere. It seems that we can choose several kinds of playstyle as well.

Browsing the GOG Sale and seeing Blackguards? What's the general opinion of these games? I'm more of an wRPG noob though.

Judging by the reviews, they're not too hot. The games are constantly on sale at steep discounts though.

Just get Divinity Original Sin if you haven't played it. It's a good starting point for anyone who's looking to delve into wRPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom