• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wish riot was at e3

i mean it's not like i don't get enough league of legends like every during the week cos they're announce stuff every day but it's still not enough league of legends

hentai avatar Zkylon? shameful

?

Bannerlord at E3 confirmed!

I actually am excited for it though.
me too

i'm a bit worried at how long it's taking tho, and some of the focus they've been giving to weird stuff like making your own swords and shaders and shit?

i just want a new mount & blade

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wellcant be worse than EA

nothing this E3 can. We give Ubi shit, but they at least always show off lots of games, and we know for a fact that for example, AssCreed Origins will be there and thats already going to be better than anything at EA from what we know.

Sony always deliver, even if their games are like 8 years away. And MS has Scorpio to hype so they will have stuff.

dont play coy with me, you know exactly what Kill la Kill is!

Uzzy

zkylon

zkylewd
You cheating on lol again?

O0xejf1.png

me?

never

2016-02-28-image-3.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Brigador: Up-Armored Edition -- MB-FC781927E642D024 - Taken by zkylon. 15 entrants total.
Inquisitor -- MB-6CA72A038896E198 - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.
Superhot -- MB-79B147500F7A4FBE - Taken by Father_Brain. 14 entrants total.
The Guard of Dungeon -- MB-8E5BEA8EE3912C42 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.

t1497155130z1.png

Should I play Nekopara 0 before or after Vol. 1?

The real question is should you play Nekopara at all

I'm faced with a similar situation - 1 was made first, 0 is a side story/prologue. I'll likely start with 0 given that it's short and I can more easily decide if I should waste my time on more of this trash.

Should I wait for the Steam Summer Sale for BG: EE, or go with GOG? I'm pretty sure only GOG has the original version of it bundled with the EE (like how Morrowind comes with the first two TES games on GOG), but I'm not even sure if modern OSes could run the original game.

sadblob

Should I wait for the Steam Summer Sale for BG: EE, or go with GOG? I'm pretty sure only GOG has the original version of it bundled with the EE (like how Morrowind comes with the first two TES games on GOG), but I'm not even sure if modern OSes could run the original game.

From what I remember, it isn't discounted a lot in Steam sales, I think it was 50% in winter. But sometimes from nothing they will be 75% off, so that's a good time to get both. If you want them now and don't care about owning them in Steam, go with GOG, it's a pretty good price.

I think the originals can run on modern PCs with some tweaking, but IMO the enhanced edition is superior to original + mods.

Kssio_Aug

I have an RX 480 and I was playing The Witcher 3 with a mix between high and ultra, and getting solid 60fps in almost every area of the game, except in cities like Novigrad. It was never dropping below 40 though. I've recently installed 17.6.1 drivers and now I'm getting 30~40 fps everywhere! What the hell...

Anyone noticed it? I hate to downgrade drivers cause I believe this stuff should be always up to date. But this was a serious performance drop.

Edit: Just checked Doom, and got almost half the frame-rate too. Fuck this shit...

From what I remember, it isn't discounted a lot in Steam sales, I think it was 50% in winter. But sometimes from nothing they will be 75% off, so that's a good time to get both. If you want them now and don't care about owning them in Steam, go with GOG, it's a pretty good price.

I think the originals can run on modern PCs with some tweaking, but IMO the enhanced edition is superior to original + mods.

Thanks. Also, is the interquel worth it, or should I just get BG and BG2?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have an RX 480 and I was playing The Witcher 3 with a mix between high and ultra, and getting solid 60fps in almost every area of the game, except in cities like Novigrad. It was never dropping below 40 though. I've recently installed 17.6.1 drivers and now I'm getting 30~40 fps everywhere! What the hell...

Anyone noticed it? I hate to downgrade drivers cause I believe this stuff should be always up to date. But this was a serious performance drop.

Edit: Just checked Doom, and got almost half the frame-rate too. Fuck this shit...

Give the previous drivers another go and see if the problem goes away. If it does, and you don't need the latest drivers for anything, stick with them until the next update.

Kssio_Aug

Give the previous drivers another go and see if the problem goes away. If it does, and you don't need the latest drivers for anything, stick with them until the next update.

Downgraded the driver, but got exact the same issues. Even cleaned the 17.6.1 driver with DDU.

That's very strange!!! Could be happening some kinda of conflict? I haven't touched anything; installed nothing but this driver before the issue started.

Soooo frustrating.....

For comparison sake, this is how Doom was performing couple days ago:
Here's how it is performing now:
Same settings....

Kssio_Aug

I couldn't find that screen, but I right-clicked on the AMD Settings icon in the system tray, went to graphics profile option, and changed from balanced to optmize performance. It didn't change the results in the games though.

LoL.... LIke, out of nowhere!!! If this is an AMD thing I won't go back to it. I didn't use to have a problem with my GTX 570 related to drivers. This is killing me.

Edit: Tried reinstalling the drivers again. Absolutely no difference. I'll sleep, tomorrow will try to open the PC and verify if everything is fine with the hardware, although verifying the temperature and usage of CPU and GPU seems absolutely normal with Afterburner. But for now, I give up...

sadblob

Thanks. Also, is the interquel worth it, or should I just get BG and BG2?

I haven't played it yet, the high price for simply an expansion (and a short and buggy one based on what I've read) throws me off. Keep in mind it came more than 15 years later than the games, so actually playing 1 and 2 and then SoD makes sense.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I couldn't find that screen, but I right-clicked on the AMD Settings icon in the system tray, went to graphics profile option, and changed from balanced to optmize performance. It didn't change the results in the games though.

LoL.... LIke, out of nowhere!!! If this is an AMD thing I won't go back to it. I didn't use to have a problem with my GTX 570 related to drivers. This is killing me.

Ah, bugger. Well, short of reinstalling Windows if you can back up your stuff and have the time to spare, I'm out of ideas, haha.

Kssio_Aug

Ah, bugger. Well, short of reinstalling Windows if you can back up your stuff and have the time to spare, I'm out of ideas, haha.

Yeah, if I can't find a solution I may give it a try. I checked with Afterburner the CPU and GPU usage and temperature and they were fine; apparently nothing unusual. But I'll try to solve it tomorrow... I can't stand that anymore today. Too stressed.

I'm a little bit tempted to buy those EE games on iOS. Classic RPGs on the go sounds great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Unsurprisingly, Wonder Boy seems to be bombing on Steam.

if I may be harsh, or harsher than usual, but if Humble Bundle / Monthly hadnt made me stop caring about indie devs (caring in the "boo hoo their games dont sell" sense), than Hollow Knight certainly did.

Becuase Hollow Knight is so ridiculously well made from top to bottom, on a shoe-string budget AND it sold for less than 95% of these indies try to sell their games for (whats that Wonderboy? youre 15€? no youre 20€, because of course you are), then I dont care any more about most of the indie sob stories, I'm sorry, but I dont.

Man Hollow Knight really soured me on indie games lol :(

if I may be harsh, or harsher than usual, but if Humble Bundle / Monthly hadnt made me stop caring about indie devs (caring in the "boo hoo their games dont sell" sense), than Hollow Knight certainly did.

Becuase Hollow Knight is so ridiculously well made from top to bottom, on a shoe-string budget AND it sold for less than 95% of these indies try to sell their games for (whats that Wonderboy? youre 15€? no youre 20€, because of course you are), then I dont care any more about most of the indie sob stories, I'm sorry, but I dont.

Man Hollow Knight really soured me on indie games lol :(

The reason it bombed also is because they launched it 2 month later on PC, with no extra.
Hollow Knight sold close to 150k without any discount yet.

Rhaknar

The reason it bombed also is because they launched it 2 month later on PC, with no extra.
Hollow Knight sold close to 150k without any discount yet.

Yes fuck that too. Another shitty indie practice. Im salty with indies man :/

Whatever happened to trying to keep your game announcement a surprise?

Time has changed.

E3 2017 has already begun, and you can enjoy it from your laptop

Each year, the publishers do a little dance around each other, hoping to give their keynotes the best chance to dominate the E3 hype cycle. They change theaters. They move the pressers a little earlier or later. They spice them with celebrities, popular bands, and Cirque du Soleil. They litter social media with teases and rumors.

But the newest method is to simply beat the competition to the punch. Have you noticed a number of video game leaks, announcements, and ”key art" hitting in the past few weeks? Years ago, these announcements would happen at E3. In 2017, they happen ahead of time, establishing a rhythmic thump of anticipation.

Teggy

Was last year Shenmue 3? There was that one leak that basically had everything in one of the presentations.

I guess I will switch to PC for TEW2. I wonder if they will be able to improve the dodgy performance on PS4 and get rid of the letterboxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom