• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I hear that the Xbox Scorpio will be more powerful than my PC build which is a GTX 780, i5 4670K 4C/4T and 16gb of RAM. What hardware do I need for my gaming PC to be more powerful again?
A graphics card upgrade alone should suffice. Probably something like a GTX1070.

Guys, I hear that the Xbox Scorpio will be more powerful than my PC build which is a GTX 780, i5 4670K 4C/4T and 16gb of RAM. What hardware do I need for my gaming PC to be more powerful again?

You only need to upgrade the GPU. Everything else is still way better than the Scorpio.

Parsnip

8ish hours to xbox?

While I don't give two shits about Scorpio itself, I'm very interested to see what kind of story MS tells. I'm also curious which phrase they will use, "real 4K" or "native 4K", and how many times we will hear it during the conference.
And I'm curious to see if they have a new controller iteration for Scorpio.

Ah, this would be it then.
👍👍

Whats everyone got on wishlist for steam sale ?

Im.hoping to pick up redout and bulletstorm on sale depending on bulletstorm drops too.

Im sure ill.do some impulse buys too lol

I'm doing what I'm always doing, just looking for 2-3 short games, to "participate" in the sale.

Right now looking at House of the Dying Sun, Vanquish and Road Redemption

The only game I feel I actually want right now, is Oxygen Not Included, but I would be suprised to see that getting any significant discount during the sale.

Anteater

Hope forward or backward compatibility or whatever you call it will be a thing with xbox moving forward, honestly don't mind getting one since it's sorta close to being a pc/steambox, MS hardware just lack the games but I think the tech is neat.

With Xbox Anywhere and a decent PC the Scorpio is kinda irrelevant to me in some ways, but at the same time I'm curious about what they show and if the price is right and the feature set seems worth it I might end up getting one anyway.

Ludens

Banned
Just noticed Syberia 3 shifted to "mostly negative" reviews on Steam. I suppose it will be bundled very soon at this point.

Parsnip

Ah, this would be it then.

If you don't want to change that setting you can also just alt-tab from the game to Steam, unpause the download, and alt-tab back to the game and it'll keep going.

It's also possible to override on game by game basis from game properties. Like, I allow downloads during gameplay globally, but disallow on games where I might use online stuff like Dark Souls.

Ascheroth

FB813BC5CD96AD9AEBEE066D8BF717FEED874BA2
Now that's a cool looking area Dark Souls 2.

Still disappointed how unremarkable all the bosses are. Both ability and design wise. Huge step down from 1.

Ascheroth

Until you start to think how you got there
Honestly the only standouts so far were Freja, The Flexile Sentry, the Pursuer and maybe the Sinner? The others are mostly either throwaway or bland.
I mean the last boss before that area from the screenshot was Mytha and that's just a super pedestrian design. There's nothing special or memorable about it.

Tonton

Honestly the only standouts so far were Freja, The Flexile Sentry, the Pursuer and maybe the Sinner? The others are mostly either throwaway or bland.
I mean the last boss before that area from the screenshot was Mytha and that's just a super pedestrian design. There's nothing special or memorable about it.
Oh no I was talking about the location I totally agree about the bosses

I couldn't find that screen, but I right-clicked on the AMD Settings icon in the system tray, went to graphics profile option, and changed from balanced to optmize performance. It didn't change the results in the games though.

LoL.... LIke, out of nowhere!!! If this is an AMD thing I won't go back to it. I didn't use to have a problem with my GTX 570 related to drivers. This is killing me.

Edit: Tried reinstalling the drivers again. Absolutely no difference. I'll sleep, tomorrow will try to open the PC and verify if everything is fine with the hardware, although verifying the temperature and usage of CPU and GPU seems absolutely normal with Afterburner. But for now, I give up...

Are you in Windows 10? Did it got any update recently? Check this page and see if it helps https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600

Arthea

I finished Hell Girls today, and it is a decent game, only they could give someone to proofread it at least once
angles will save the world! just so you know

also I understand that teasing nudity helps sell games, but it felt so unnecessary

Huh..I just got a rather amusing friend request.

I check his profile, and here's his info:

I enjoy well-drawn tatas as much as the next guy, but let's call a spade a spade here. If it weren't for breasts and the desire to look at them, this game would not exist. I mean, I'm not trying to be down on the concept. If anything, it's actually an ingenius idea. Perhaps more videogames should have hooters in the background. Bioshock Infinite is an alright game, but all that sky and air is boring as heck. So how about we replace the clouds and the other nonsense with some yum-yums? Maybe then it would have deserved all those Game Of The Year awards.

That's the opening paragraph from my review of Uncraft World: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/339910/

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
With Xbox Anywhere and a decent PC the Scorpio is kinda irrelevant to me in some ways, but at the same time I'm curious about what they show and if the price is right and the feature set seems worth it I might end up getting one anyway.

Same for me. On the other hand, my PC will still be better and I have a feeling that Scorpio will help the consistency and quality of the PC ports, so it might be too redundant. I am prone to giving into hype though,

Whats everyone got on wishlist for steam sale ?

Im.hoping to pick up redout and bulletstorm on sale depending on bulletstorm drops too.

Im sure ill.do some impulse buys too lol
I just want Dishonored 2 and probably Tekken 7 if the discount makes it like $40. Will probably get dead cells too.

I finally found the ankh in Unexplored, but I died while working my way back up to the surface. :(

This game has some shockingly good music as well.

Did the phantom swordsman show up right away for you? I didn't see him for like five minutes while I worked my way back up, and by the time he reappeared I was in the top half of the dungeon, basically home free.

But before this, I never saw my success coming. Just decided to play after they fixed the invisible walls, and voila I somehow managed to do it. It's a really great feeling--I can still remember some parts of the dungeon, and how tense the final battle was. You'll have an inventory full of stuff, and still be paranoid about the future...

Unexplored is great, y'all.

Ludens

Banned
Looking at the HB Coupon expiry dates, it's safe to say that their Summer Sale won't be any time soon.

I'm pretty sure Tyranny will soon be included in Monthly, and Silence was actually cheaper on Steam, expecially if you own other Daedalic games.

Wait for the dlc areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom