• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

I should play Dark Souls again.

ySUTedD.gif

Full thing here, minor boss spoilers.

Pachimari

EA's conference was solid. They sold me on the Battlefield 1 DLC, Star Wars: Battlefront II looked nice, so did Need For Speed: Payback, and Anthem has me excited. A Way Out didn't convince me at all, and I wish there had been more FIFA 18.

EA: B-

EA: "Hey, you all like those cool Youtubers right?"
People: "I guess?"
EA: "Awesome, our conference is filled with them"
People: "Can't your own people present their games?"
EA: "YOUTUBERS!!!!"

..... I actually want a Dark Souls game where you are in a car.

ea conference was garbage as usual.

First presser is usually always crap.

EA: "Hey, you all like those cool Youtubers right?"
People: "I guess?"
EA: "Awesome, our conference is filled with them"
People: "Can't your own people present their games?"
EA: "YOUTUBERS!!!!"

I have never, ever seen a commercial with a Streamer that was well-written or acted. Streamers are not actors. They are real people that just happen to livestream video games and other stuff.

Parsnip

A Way Out was the only thing that would have been interesting to me, but sadly I don't have a co-op partner and forget about playing a co-op game with random strangers on the internet.

This teleprompter is probably the best thing to come out of EA conference for me.

I42jrtx.jpg

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
a way out looked neat

It did, although the forced co-op thing might kill it for me. Also, while the Anthem teaser is on Origin along with the other known PC games, A Way Out is not, so it might be just for consoles.

EDIT: Never mind, according to the press release it'll be on Origin too.

Hektor

That EA presser was disappointing even tho i didn't had any expectations for it.

A way out looked interesting, but not having one to coop with makes it pointless for me, the rest was more battlefield and more FIFA and more Need for Speed basically.

For the last three years thats basically every press conference of them, they should just stop tbh

I felt that it was kind of shitty for BioWare to announce in one presser that they are showing off a game in another.

I never like it when companies do this.

EA honestly didn't need a conference this year

just show FIFA and Battlefront II at the Sony Conference
just show Anthem at the Microsoft conference

and for Madden, NBA Live, Need For Speed, etc just release trailers/gameplay during E3 or have them be in smaller segments at Sony/Microsoft events

zkylon

zkylewd
It did, although the forced co-op thing might kill it for me. Also, while the Anthem teaser is on Origin along with the other known PC games, A Way Out is not, so it might be just for consoles.

EDIT: Never mind, according to the press release it'll be on Origin too.
that's cool

telltale games and david cage games and stuff i've been playing a lot with a group of friends and i've found them a lot more enjoyable that way, so i really like the idea of building a story driven game around local multiplayer

AHA-Lambda

EA honestly didn't need a conference this year

just show FIFA and Battlefront II at the Sony Conference
just show Anthem at the Microsoft conference

and for Madden, NBA Live, Need For Speed, etc just release trailers/gameplay during E3 or have them be in smaller segments at Sony/Microsoft events

It feels increasingly more and more redundant for EA to have E3 conferences at all.

They're nowhere close to even filling an hour worth of content if you ignore the sports stuff, which is incredibly out of place for the E3 watching demographic in the first place.

Ladekabel

A Way Out looks interesting. Is it local coop only or can I play online with a friend?

Otherwise not much stuff for me. If Need for Speed is decent I might pick it for cruising. Just give me an arcade football and basketball game, EA!

zkylon

zkylewd
and when i say a way out looks neat, i'm like this is neat cos it's coop only

the idea of the people that made brothers a tale of two sons moving into a game with guns in it would be really depressing if there wasn't like a twist like that

A Way Out looks interesting. Is it local coop only or can I play online with a friend?

Otherwise not much stuff for me. If Need for Speed is decent I might pick it for cruising. Just give me an arcade football and basketball game, EA!

online too afaik

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
that's cool

telltale games and david cage games and stuff i've been playing a lot with a group of friends and i've found them a lot more enjoyable that way, so i really like the idea of building a story driven game around local multiplayer

Yeah, it's not a bad idea. I really only play co-op games with my gf though, and that's not her type of game. I may give it a shot if I find someone else to play it with.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, it's not a bad idea. I really only play co-op games with my gf though, and that's not her type of game. I may give it a shot if I find someone else to play it with.
i like it for story games cos it's like watching a tv show or a movie at home with your friends, you can all be really loud and yelling which choice to take and hate on one character or love another character and stuff

like i feel beyond two souls was a really bad game but it was really entertaining because we kept throwing theories and guessing what would happen next and then making fun at how terrible those twists actually were

i had a playthrough of life is strange like that too that was also really fun

i do feel like the shooting parts are gonna make this game only fun for the two people playing but hopefully those will be short and infrequent

aw thanks!

Werd

I'm getting really bad screen tearing on Shantae and the Pirate's Curse with my 1070 on a 4k monitor, makes the scrolling look awful. There is no in game option so tried messing with the V-Sync options in the NVidia control panel and the game ran at reduced speed so that didn't work. The game crashes if I try to use Borderless Gaming to get it out of full-screen mode if that might make any difference.

Anyone know something else I can try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom