• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

GAF is going to collapse the moment that the Scorpio price is announced. Threads are already getting tense.

Well I mainly care about the 360 BC, so if the Scorpio improves performance over the OG X1, I'd be more tempted to get it.

Anno

GAF is so convinced Scorpio is DOA with that price that I feel it might be a bigger success than the Pro

I think that it could be better than the Pro just because Microsoft seems intent on marketing the hell out of it, whereas the Pro didn't get much. Of course maybe Sony could cut $50 off the Pro and pump out a ton of marketing/bundles for the holiday season and win that way.

Ascheroth

7DFF3827A37B3059F4B91066034AD1BFEC465E83
Thought it was time for a new weapon. Can't be using the Fire Longsword (+3) forever, right.
I think my view on equipment between this and DkS1 is kind of amusing. In 1 I was upgrading whenever possible, always wanting to be at my best. In 2 I'm basically ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think I've upgraded armor once, and besides the Fire Longsword I haven't upgraded any weapon either. My shield is at least. Though armorwise it's probably because I haven't found anything that has the right efficiancy/good looks ratio and I'm swithching around armor all the time, because I can.
Oh well.

Also being invaded while being Hollow sucks. I just died, respawned, wanted to go get my souls back.... "you're being invaded". *rolls eyes into back of head*. Died. Lost all my souls. Well fuck you too, game.

Wait for the dlc areas.
Yeah, I've heard good things about the DLCs.

Pachimari

My coffee machine is more powerful than that.
Lmao.

A graphics card upgrade alone should suffice. Probably something like a GTX1070.

You only need to upgrade the GPU. Everything else is still way better than the Scorpio.

I think it makes more sense for me to upgrade to a 1070 or 1080 GPU then.

There are so many different 1080 GPUs out there though, that I don't know which one to go for, other than the brand Evga. On this page alone, there's multiple choices.

Should I go for this FTW Edition ($711), a Superclocked one ($875) or a Founders Edition ($735)?

[edit] Actually, I might consider a cheaper 1070 looking at those prices.

Founders Edition ($618), FTW Edition ($562) or Superclocked ($538)?

Tizoc

Sounds like the first game. Did they reuse every area 37 times again?
You r exaggerating
The first styx just had you go thru the same levels in reverse
The second half of styx 2 was fine imo
Long as u know how to use ur abilities you'll be fine
I quite enjoyed it

Lanrutcon

Sounds like the first game. Did they reuse every area 37 times again?

Half of the game is revisiting old levels, and there are only 9 missions.

Stuff I didn't like about the game:

- Why give me cool abilities and then halfway through the game make the majority of the enemies immune to them? Then I might as well just fucking run through the levels like I'm playing a platformer. Is it really necessary for 90% of the enemies to be wearing full platemail?

- There's a gear system, and half of the gear is DLC. I unlocked 4 pieces of gear by playing the game. There are 4 pieces of DLC gear available.

- Just remove combat and combat skills from all the difficulty levels. It's a joke and the levels are overpopulated with enemies anyway. If you get detected it's quicker to quickload than to wait for the alert to die down anyway (if the level even allows alerts and doesn't just game over you).

- Could we refill my consumables between levels? please?

- Boss battles in a stealth game should be considered a war crime.

- Who likes levels where there's insta death, platforming and no saving? No-one. That's who.

- That final level: 2 loading screens every time you die. Amazing.

- That ending: or the lack thereof. I guess they're making an expansion or something? yeah?

Enjoy, y'all!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StrangeRoboMemory, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Glittermitten Grove -- MB-A977B73D52EDE620 - Taken by iosefe
Rise & Shine -- MB-A49F2AE7659974F3 - Taken by longlivegaming

Doomedfool

So, with Evil Within 2 a given now, I figure it was about time I got around to playing the first one. It's been living in my backlog for quite a while now.

Went to install, and...60 GBs. God damn it, Bethesda! Between this and Doom, why do they hate me so much.

I'm still going to download it, but it makes me grumpy. Grr!

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
So, with Evil Within 2 a given now, I figure it was about time I got around to playing the first one. It's been living in my backlog for quite a while now.

Went to install, and...60 GBs. God damn it, Bethesda! Between this and Doom, why do they hate me so much.

Yeah, it's weird that Bethesda's gigantic world RPGs take up less space than their shooters do.

Cels

Yeah it is kind of a problem. Games are getting so big. I have a 1tb ssd and I only can keep a few games on it, or at least that is how it feels. When I want to dl a new game I have to delete an old one or transfer some to my hdd. Steammover is amazing for that btw.

Kssio_Aug

Edit: Solved the issue. It was Afterburner all this time, don't know what happened but it was "underclocking" my GPU. I may have messed up accidently.

DCEIVitVwAAYrji.jpg:large

I still wonder. Those are all game "journalists", arent they? Why would they wear such a T-shirt. Imagine some folks from CCN, NYT, Spiegel etc. would sit at a Trump Speech with "Make America Great Again" hats.

Or are those MS employees?

Me and my friend decided to play regular Team Fortress 2 today after a long time. Used match making since we couldn't find a server with normal map rotations, it was fucking horrible. Two people on our team were hackers, they capped each point in 1 second, rounds lasted for a total of 1 minute, and when the game told us it was okay to leave the game between map changes we got a penalty for leaving "during a match" even though it was over.

Match making is a burning dumpster in TF2.

Purkake4

Banned

I still wonder. Those are all game "journalists", arent they? Why would they wear such a T-shirt. Imagine some folks from CCN, NYT, Spiegel etc. would sit at a Trump Speech with "Make America Great Again" hats.

...and all I got was this stupid t-shirt?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Is this at an E3 presentation? It's always been a trick to fill up the back with employees that will hoot and holler for everything.

zkylon

zkylewd
I made the same mistake - I downloaded and started playing Egg, Inc... and my past week or so has disappeared in a blur of running chickens and swatting drones in my sleep. Pesky thing is truly addictive.

yeah this shit is dangerous

Jawmuncher

man, consolegaf has a meltdown about the _rumored_ Scorpio price

Actually surprised. I think it's a case of a lot of people wanting MS to be able to muster back some steam. It's been rather dire for them the last few months. With no real exclusives and still relying on underpowered hardware in second place. While I doubt a $399 Scorpio would fix all their woes, it'd at least be something that could be seen as a positive.

Actually surprised. I think it's a case of a lot of people wanting MS to be able to muster back some steam. It's been rather dire for them the last few months. With no real exclusives and still relying on underpowered hardware in second place. While I doubt a $399 Scorpio would fix all their woes, it'd at least be something that could be seen as a positive.

I think its more that its "just" a 100$ hike compared to the Pro and Scorpio is supposed to be far more powerful. Not that many people complained about the 330€ Switch price and before the PS4Pro announcement, people were even thinking that the Pro might be 500$ and it would be worth it.

But is it actual MonHun or some MonHun for people that don't like MonHun

Because I want MonHun

Ahem, Western Influence Monster Hunter

Well... That's the thing here. More streamlined MH ir non-MH MH ?
Basically I wouldnt be against a MH a bit more streamlined, but with the same design/philosophy... What I fear we get is a Western MH with a western design and movie tie-in cash grab.

Now... Think about it... What if... It was a Dino Crisis game under the name Monster Hunter... :")

Jawmuncher

Well... That's the thing here. More streamlined MH ir non-MH MH ?
Basically I wouldnt be against a MH a bit more streamlined, but with the same design/philosophy... What I fear we get is a Western MH with a western design and movie tie-in cash grab.

Now... Think about it... What if... It was a Dino Crisis game under the name Monster Hunter... :")

Then everyone in this thread better buy it so I can get a real sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom