• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
between this and the bits of the microsoft conference i watched, e3 continues to be a very uninspiring violence-fest

i enjoy e3 for how loud and dumb it is but it's always really disturbing how much into the blood and violence people seem to be
Yeah I had to roll my eyes a bit when Bethesda guy excitedly said something like "A pregnant lady stabbing a Nazi and a guy tripping on acid!"

Video games.

Overall, nothing from the Bethesda conference that looks like a day one for me. Evil Within 2 was the game I was most interested in seeing and even that didn't do anything for me.

Something just depressing about E3 so far.

Jawmuncher

Overall, nothing from the Bethesda conference that looks like a day one for me. Evil Within 2 was the game I was most interested in seeing and even that didn't do anything for me.

I feel you.
Even without the leaks, there hasn't really been anything amazing yet if you ask me.
So far my game of show is A way out. Curious to see what Sony and Nintendo have.
Hoping they have big enough things to shake off the current middling E3 feelings.

low-G

I've been watching E3 live for over a decade now, and this E3 is already somewhere in the middle. I had one E3 where I saw ONE game I was at all interested in. There were E3s where the casual games went on and on and on... Already there's been formal announcements of several games I'm interested in.

Obviously we all want that announcement of something we're frothing for. E3 2015 will always be the God-king of E3s.

bbd23

prey, dishonored 2, the evil within 2 and wolfenstein 2 are all games I expect to pick up by the end of the year.

goodness bethesda.

I've been watching E3 live for over a decade now, and this E3 is already somewhere in the middle. I had one E3 where I saw ONE game I was at all interested in. There were E3s where the casual games went on and on and on... Already there's been formal announcements of several games I'm interested in.

Obviously we all want that announcement of something we're frothing for. E3 2015 will always be the God-king of E3s.

I mean tbh I'm not even waiting for huge AAA god-like announcements! And maybe that's why I'm just kinda numb watching this stuff. It was 3 years ago I upgraded my PC so I could finally play all the new Triple A games and found out I get sick of them easily. Meanwhile a bunch of smaller indie games and Japanese ports started to hit PC and I felt way better playing those.

So maybe I'm just waiting for those AA title, that isn't this huge epic game with super duper graphics but that's kinda what E3 is now. Gotta be epic and after a while all those trailers look the same to me. Maybe Sony and Nintendo will fill that quota for me of AA titles.

Vibranium

Banned
Wolfenstein TNC is going to be the sequel to Freedom Fighters/Turning Point Fall of Liberty that we never got. Can't wait to explore the US, I wonder if we'll go into the zone where the Nazis dropped the atom bomb?

And my bro Fergus is still alive, that's all that matters. BJ had better dismantle Frau Engel...and maybe, just maybe
Mecha-Hitler?

Ascheroth

Nice to get confirmation for Anime Souls. Not that it wasn't expected, but confirmation is always good. Also that trailer had way better hit feedback than the teaser already - looking forward to it.

I hope Ori 2 is just a timed exclusive. Loved the first one, but there's nothing that will get me to use the WinStore.

zkylon

zkylewd
the thing that looked the coolest for me in all e3 for me has been black desert online lol

maybe i should look into that game, it looks like dragon's dogma

zkylon

zkylewd
i always assumed black desert online was about helicopters for some reason

which kept confusing me when people talked about its amazing character creator

anyways visited their website cos felt like at least playing with the character creator but

6s58ZdB.png

videogame industry is so fucking backwards

Sarcasm

Nice to get confirmation for Anime Souls. Not that it wasn't expected, but confirmation is always good. Also that trailer had way better hit feedback than the teaser already - looking forward to it.

I hope Ori 2 is just a timed exclusive. Loved the first one, but there's nothing that will get me to use the WinStore.

What game?

Also can't watch and can't seem to find a simple posting about what was revealed.

eyeless

kind of a weird specific question but could anyone answer this dark souls 2 sotfs question right quick: does the dragon in front of the cathedral of blue respawn? just would like to know whether i can replenish at a bonfire, if he's gonna respawn then i'll just go in now cause i used up most of my arrows and don't want to for that to have been a waste

What game?

Also can't watch and can't seem to find a simple posting about what was revealed.

Code Vein.

kind of a weird specific question but could anyone answer this dark souls 2 sotfs question right quick: does the dragon in front of the cathedral of blue respawn? just would like to know whether i can replenish at a bonfire, if he's gonna respawn then i'll just go in now cause i used up most of my arrows and don't want to for that to have been a waste

I never go back to that spot, but I don't think it respanws as there's a covenant NPC inside the building.

You can fight the dragon up close by sprinting from the stairs. There's time to reach him without eating the firebreath.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Nod.gif

Too bad one of the lead developers is a fucking GGer. Such a shame.

Good luck separating this shit:
HZzJxLX.jpg

So it's present even in the game itself? I wasn't going to buy the game, but its such a shame to see beautiful visuals ruined by such childish rhetoric.

Ascheroth

What game?

Like texhnolyze said, Code Vein.

It doesn't.

Man I really need to catch up with Devolver Digital's stream when I get off work.
So it's present even in the game itself? I wasn't going to buy the game, but its such a shame to see beautiful visuals ruined by such childish rhetoric.
The writer of this game liked this GGer's tweet. He posted in that GAF thread but bailed soon after.

So I would say yes.

ArjanN

The entire Devolver Digital thing just being an Adult Swim/Eric Andre-like skit got a chuckle out of me, mostly because it made people really confused and mad on the internet.

Ascheroth

alright thx

that would have been annoying since apparently there's a boss behind that door
Lol yeah, there absolutely is. I just went inside after shooting the dragon down (while occasionally trying to go in melee range, which ended up with burns and emptying Estus flasks), so I was totally battered and unprepared.
Still did it on my first try.

i got what they were going for but i found it dragging by the end, by the time the guy's hand was cut off i wasn't finding it amusing.

idc about proper press conferences though, i've mostly skipped watching e3 conferences for a good few years now because they're largely boring and i don't care so much about sequels or things being showcased with cutscenes.

MUnited83

For you.
The entire Devolver Digital thing just being an Adult Swim/Eric Andre-like skit got a chuckle out of me, mostly because it made people really confused and mad on the internet.

I'll have you know my MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR MASS ADVERTISEMENT EVENT IS SACRED and NO ONE SHALL RUIN ITS PURITY

Lain

Battle Chef Brigade is coming along pretty well. I'm sad I didn't back it up at the beta level. Wouldn't mind playing it right now.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Man I really need to catch up with Devolver Digital's stream when I get off work.

The writer of this game liked this GGer's tweet. He posted in that GAF thread but bailed soon after.

So I would say yes.

Not to mention, the publisher's response has almost no weight to it. "This isn't the person we know!!" is probably the least effective way of proving that they've changed. The writer for the game is still interacting with tweets regarding 'salt' over tonight's discoveries, and the project lead was still dogpiling himself into alt-right/GG rhetoric as recently as April of this year.

It's a shame, too. I had been looking forward to the game for some time now, but, I've got far better things to spend time with and money on.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Not to mention, the publisher's response has almost no weight to it. "This isn't the person we know!!" is probably the least effective way of proving that they've changed. The writer for the game is still interacting with tweets regarding 'salt' over tonight's discoveries, and the project lead was still dogpiling himself into alt-right/GG rhetoric as recently as April of this year.

It's a shame, too. I had been looking forward to the game for some time now, but, I've got far better things to spend time with and money on.

If Raw Fury is being earnest with their statement, then they're being played. The guy always poses his beliefs as the true progressivism that runs in opposition to "extreme feminism." Of course if you let the guy talk enough he'll make it sound like he loves everybody and wants everyone to thrive while he's still supporting systems that disenfranchise women, people of color, and people of various gender orientations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom