• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still waiting for the FF15 GOTY PC, Xbox One, PS4Pro announcement, but I guess they wont announce it, since apparently they are still releasing more and more DLC each month.

Ascheroth

Im still waiting for the FF15 GOTY PC, Xbox One, PS4Pro announcement, but I guess they wont announce it, since apparently they are still releasing more and more DLC each month.
Yeah that's not happening until they've run out of DLC and updates to make.
...Which might be preferable in a way, since then we'd get the 'complete' package from the start?
Question is just when they'll run out of things to do, lol.

Monooboe

Them taking fullprice for Fallout 4 and DOOM VR is just mind boggling.o_O I was sure it was just going to be a patch. So are we betting how long till there is a mod that does the VR even better than the official?:D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Them taking fullprice for Fallout 4 and DOOM VR is just mind boggling.o_O I was sure it was just going to be a patch. So are we betting how long till there is a mod that does the VR even better than the official?:D

Doom VFR is $30.

JaseC

Ah! On a sidenote, does the VR versions of the games have the ability to play the vanilla game?

Nah, they're separate, VR-exclusive titles. Fallout 4 VR is the base game modified with VR in mind whereas Doom VFR is its own thing entirely.

Monooboe

They're separate games. Fallout 4 VR is "just" the base game repurposed for VR interactivity whereas Doom VFR is its own thing.

Mm was thinking if it was possible to toggle the VR off ingame to get the vanilla experience?

I do admit, playing an openworld game like Fallout would be pretty cool with VR. Also Doom seemed to handle quite well even with the teleporing movement.

JaseC

Mm was thinking if it was possible to toggle the VR off ingame to get the vanilla experience?

I do admit, playing an openworld game like Fallout would be pretty cool with VR. Also Doom seemed to handle quite well even with the teleporing movement.

If you want vanilla Fallout 4, then you just buy vanilla Fallout 4. ;) There's no vanilla version of Doom VFR, but, similarly, there's Doom16 on which it is somewhat loosely based.

Edit:
28 minutes of [AssCreed Origins] gameplay by german player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=433&v=id4F5tDrx7U

Ya im also waiting for the pc version as well, i was hoping all the dlc would be out by now(i dont follow the dlc schedule for the game) so it could possibly come out at the end of this year but it looks like all the dlc wont wont be out till like early 2018 🙃 Theyre still missing 2 character stories (1 of em is almost out, so its 3 technically) and that multiplayer mode too. Looks like we'll be waiting another year minimum for the game to come to pc

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"but Rhaknar steam is evil, DRM -free is much better because you dont have to bow down to THE MAN"

"ok internet, let me play guild wars 2"

password doesnt work

"ok, let me recover my password"

"we will need aditional information, game serial key and character name"

"err I dont fucking have the serial key Arenanet, I dont really keep old ass purchase emails, and I dont fucking remember a chracter name, I havent played it in years"

"well you can go fuck yourself and buy the game again then haha"

cool, DRM free is awesome.

Hrm, finished The Walking Dead Season 3. I won't spoil anything, but it's great with one huge caveat: everything I like about it stems from prior seasons and S3 on its own is a complete waste. Like, Season 4 will be super exciting no matter what they do, but the less callbacks to S3's new characters, the better. Their stuff felt mostly like filler or set-up vs. S1 or S2 stuff.

Weirdly, S3 is somehow the most reactive modern TellTale game I've ever played. It's shorter than their other stuff, but they make good sure of that time and it all feels like its building towards something. Like, it is a culmination of the previous seasons in a really good way. S3 is also the most polished TellTale game of recent memory--although with it being their banner series, I would expect nothing less.

Recommended if you've played TWD S1/S2 and are importing a save, otherwise don't even bother. Bonus points if you played them recently.

If Raw Fury is being earnest with their statement, then they're being played. The guy always poses his beliefs as the true progressivism that runs in opposition to "extreme feminism." Of course if you let the guy talk enough he'll make it sound like he loves everybody and wants everyone to thrive while he's still supporting systems that disenfranchise women, people of color, and people of various gender orientations.

This is the M.O. of every person subscribing to this and other closely-affiliated beliefs.

So, even giving Raw Fury's statement the benefit of the doubt, and I suppose there's no reason not to, their ignorance is less naiveté than it is willful unawareness or deliberate dimness.

Like others have said, it's a real drag, because that game was the standout of what I watched of the Microsoft show. Anthem was too scripted, and too slow at that, to hang a hat on it being anything but a than glancing shot at Destiny's market crown.

Aaron D.

Man, having a quick read through the gaming side and people don't seem to happy about E3 thus far. Most of the games shown are for 2017 which is a good thing right? Everyone complains about showing off games too early etc and now that a few conferences are done everyone is like WTH where is the newnesss?!!! Show me them 2019 games.

Microsoft had a reasonable show, nothing special but covered a lot of games without too much emphasis being on the Xbox One X apart from every trailer advertising 4k. I appreciate Microsoft's cross platform approach even though most titles are using the Windows Store.

I'm looking forward to Sony's and Ubi conferences as always but I can't see there being too many surprises apart from Ubi showing a game planned for late 2018 and many some extra Last of Us 2 teasers. Unless Sony has convinced Sega to make that Shenmue HD.....

I know Gaming 'Gaf can be cynical as f, but I honestly wonder if it's confirmation bias at work. People just seemed a bit too excited to dance on MS's grave.

I thought MS killed it but if you read the OT, they pulled a 3/10 at best!

Seems like if you don't have Megatons you done f'ed up, but in my mind I thought the combo of new hardware and games looked fantastic.

Maybe it's just that I've been out of the console-warz game for too long, but for my money I thought XBX made a convincing argument. I mean, Sony & Nintendo do have better exclusives. But what is that, like 2% of a console's entire library?

I'll take the most powerful hardware (by a sizable margin) to play 98% of cross-platform games, thank you.

Coreda

Discovered that Steam had deleted all my custom categories in the library. Searched and it seems to be a fairly widely reported issue. Had to restore from a day old backup of the sharedconfig.vdf file. Not sure if other methods are effective but the file it was using didn't contain them when checked in an editor. Would suck for those without backups and large collections.

abracadaver

Steam ate my savegames again. I wanted to get some achievements in Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and everything is gone and locked again.

This seems to happen to me regularly with games that I haven't played for a while. Is there a way to check the cloud saves and download them without starting the game? As soon as I quit Wolfenstein it uploaded the empty save file into cloud....

I'm too afraid to launch Witcher 3 now. Don't want to start all over again

yuraya

Kinda amazing to see Payday 2 go over 200k concurrent after being given away for free. Especially after all the hate the game got for the microtransaction stuff.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (2017)
6RpTZgI.gif

Ascheroth

I know Gaming 'Gaf can be cynical as f, but I honestly wonder if it's confirmation bias at work. People just seemed a bit too excited to dance on MS's grave.

Seems like if you don't have Megatons you done f'ed up, but in my mind I thought the combo of new hardware and games looked fantastic.

Maybe it's just that I've been out of the console-warz game for too long, but for my money I thought XBX made a convincing argument. I mean, Sony & Nintendo do have better exclusives. But what is that, like 2% of a console's entire library?

I'll take the most powerful hardware (by a sizable margin) to play 98% of cross-platform games, thank you.
I haven't had time to see any of the conferences but from the list of games I've seen Microsoft was pretty good?
Now the "problem" is probably that none of those games are "exclusives" since they're all just timed or already out on PC. Which is probably bad for console warriors because LIST WARZ. On the other hand I appreciate Microsofts cross-platform approach since it means I can play good games without having to get an Xbox. Unless they are windows-store exclusive. Then I'll pass anyway. But at least I have the option.

Arminsc

"but Rhaknar steam is evil, DRM -free is much better because you dont have to bow down to THE MAN"

password doesnt work

"err I dont fucking have the serial key Arenanet, I dont really keep old ass purchase emails, and I dont fucking remember a chracter name, I havent played it in years"

happened the same to me, managed to recover my game key and then when trying to put a new password it was like "you need to put lowercase, uppercase, numbers, the batman symbol, the Fourier transform of e−atu(t) and your mother's license driver expiration date".

Pachimari

Wolfenstein II and The Evil Within 2 has me hyped as all fuck, I can't wait to get my hands on them. Now I wanna go back to my playthrough of Wolfenstein: The New Order. And now that we're at it, I would pay a goldmine for Wolfenstein 2009 still!

When is the PC gaming show? In 5 hours?

So i have 40 pages of cards, what is the fastest way to list them all? I have enhanced steam and I see this "Steam Economy Enhancer", is there a button I can press to list them all at the lowest current price or do I have to go through them all individually?

yuraya

Tsk sonty confrence is in 12 hours time
Bloodborne 2 announcement would be utterly disgusting

From is definitely showing up.

I say 90% chance they show up @ Sony's conference to announce Bloodborne 2 or a new IP that is hopefully a multiplat.

or

10% chance they show up in the Nintendo direct to do something for them. They were listed on that dev support slide so they have to be working on something for the Switch.

Funny thing that i see so much negativity about MS conference only here. Outside GAF i see a lot opinions that it was a solid show, even in my region were shitting on MS is usual thing. Some people here are just doing this to themselves and overacting, one guy who was Xbox fan seriously asked why Crackdown 3 is full-price game and now silently reposting that chart with announced first-party MS E3 games in every Xbox related thread. Seriously, why the fuck some people can't just enjoy games without carrying if it's "real" exclusive or not.

JakeD

password doesnt work

if it requires a serial its not DRM free? unless i'm missing something, i've never played an MMO

Microsofts show was solid, but not that spectacular, considering it was mostly just more of the same as before.

And it was taken down quite a bit by their "Exclusive! Exclusive! Well not that exclusive." spam, alongside with that laugh track-esque crowd cheering, with people shooting "yeah!" at gigaflops and memory bandwith.

It feels good that the PC Gaming Show this year has some announced great content, and some teased suprises that actually feels exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom