• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Shame that guy sucks because the game seemed neat.

If Raw Fury is being earnest with their statement, then they're being played. The guy always poses his beliefs as the true progressivism that runs in opposition to "extreme feminism." Of course if you let the guy talk enough he'll make it sound like he loves everybody and wants everyone to thrive while he's still supporting systems that disenfranchise women, people of color, and people of various gender orientations.

You can tell this is serious business because Morningbus made an unironic post.

Bethesda saved e3 all by themselves. Absolutely amazing Wolfenstein reveal, I'm ready for The Evil Within 2, and cannot wait for Dishonored 2 stuff (after I finish the base game this summer).

I hope the PC show is great tomorrow, I'm gonna be at work.

Look at this collectors edition:
225606_cedetail1000px.jpg

yuraya

That Devolver Digital event sure was something. Wish it was much longer lol.

E3 so far has been very underwhelming. Neither MS, EA nor Bethesda brought any megatons.

I guess its all up to Ubisoft to save the day tomorrow.

ArjanN

That Devolver Digital event sure was something. Wish it was much longer lol.

E3 so far has been very underwhelming so far. Neither MS, EA nor Bethesda brought any megatons.

I guess its all up to Ubisoft to save the day tomorrow.

EA was boring as expected but MS had a really solid presentation even without real megatons.

Bethesda at least had Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein and Evil Within. Even if those lacked surprise factor because of leaks/speculation those are going to be some of the best games of the year most likely.

E3 is about on par with previous years so far IMO.

Wok

I'm mostly interested in these three upcoming games. Is any E³ presentation going to show them and give additional info?

Mostly:
  • release date for Iconoclasts?
  • rough release date, something more specific than end of 2017, for the other two?
  • info about the procedural generation in No Truce with the Furies?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm mostly interested in these three upcoming games. Is any E³ presentation going to show them and give additional info?

Mostly:
  • release date for Iconoclasts?
  • rough release date, something more specific than end of 2017, for the other two?
  • info about the procedural generation in No Truce for Furies?

Hat's "Fall 2017" window was announced less than a month ago. It'll probably be another 2-3 months before there's firm date.

Wok

Hat's "Fall 2017" window was announced less than a month ago. It'll probably be another 2-3 months before there's firm date.

Owww... I like firm release dates, otherwise I'm afraid the game would be postponed once again. 😰

AHA-Lambda

Just seen in the other thread but looks like the new Life is Strange prequel will pull a King's Quest by having an exclusive episode for the Deluxe Edition.

MUnited83

For you.
Just seen in the other thread but looks like the new Life is Strange prequel will pull a King's Quest by having an exclusive episode for the Deluxe Edition.

For what it's worth it seems to be less of an episode and more of a little extra that doesn't directly link to the main plot.

Whatever people think about MS, but that thread about Minecraft PS4 shows how delusional some can be. People try to defend Sony here by saying that maybe the tweet is wrong and just made to make Sony look bad...

fantomena

So far into E3 Im just here petting my PC.

Seems like PC + PS4 + Switch is the way to go for me this gen and perhaps future gens(?).

Ascheroth

Whatever people think about MS, but that thread about Minecraft PS4 shows how delusional some can be. People try to defend Sony here by saying that maybe the tweet is wrong and just made to make Sony look bad...
It was the same with the Scorpio 499$ price leak.
That thread reached Trump levels of hypocrisy.
When it was still a 'rumor': "My BFF Microsoft can do no wrong so let's pull out the pitchforks and rally against the leaker because obviously he's bad for bringing negative news that can't be real because my BFF Microsoft can do no wrong."
When it was confirmed: "My BFF Microsoft can do no wrong so let's pull out the pitchforks and rally against the leaker because he's bad for leaking something negative before Microsoft had the chance to explain themselves and so its his fault that the news are negative to begin with."

Obviously not the majority, but man the delusions are real sometimes.

Hektor

New Dishonored, Wolfenstein and The Evil Within all release within nearly a month wth?

Hope i can find an ez workaround again to play Wolfenstein uncensored

JaseC

New Dishonored, Wolfenstein and The Evil Within all release within nearly a month wth?

I assume you're talking about the PC version? You have a few options:

- Activate a ROW retail key with a VPN and wait three months for the runtime restriction to expire
- Activate a ROW retail key with a VPN and connect to said VPN whenever you wish to play the game
- Activate a ROW retail key with a VPN and switch to Offline Mode until you've finished the game (this will eliminate the need for a VPN as Steam will no longer detect an IP change)

Edit: Receiving a gift copy of the ROW version isn't possible due to the recent changes Valve made.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dishonored stand alone expansion is a nice surprise, Old Blood and the two Dishonored 1 dlcs (which should have been one big dlc to begin with narrative wise anyway) were great, so if this thing comes out at 20€ that is a easy get.

Evil Within 2 and more Wolf is great, people crying about no megatons, when those ARE megatons, its just 2017 and everything is known months before, its not the magazine age anymore.

What could you possibly expect from Bathesda this year? We knew there wouldnt be another Fallout anytime soon, so a Elder Scrolls announcement? We had the Fallout announcement months before it came out, thats how they do things (look at all the games they announced now) so obviously thee wouldnt be a Elder Scrolls announcement.

That rumoured new IP might still pop up in the Sony press conference too if its real, since they like announcing things that are 5 years away.

Monooboe

Hells yeah on new Wolfenstein, I'm so in. Also why the black and yellow jacket, all I can think of is Chuck from Dead Rising 2.XD

Also sad about The Last Night dev. I do however find it interesting to see a game story take something good and see how it can turn into something bad, like how all the best "bad guys" are those that you kind of agree with.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The only thing I find disappointing about Wolfenstein is the season pass, because Bethesda season passes tend to be hit or miss on being crap value and then uncomfortably long lasting on no discount status regardless of crap status.

MaxiLive

Man, having a quick read through the gaming side and people don't seem to happy about E3 thus far. Most of the games shown are for 2017 which is a good thing right? Everyone complains about showing off games too early etc and now that a few conferences are done everyone is like WTH where is the newnesss?!!! Show me them 2019 games.

Microsoft had a reasonable show, nothing special but covered a lot of games without too much emphasis being on the Xbox One X apart from every trailer advertising 4k. I appreciate Microsoft's cross platform approach even though most titles are using the Windows Store.

I'm looking forward to Sony's and Ubi conferences as always but I can't see there being too many surprises apart from Ubi showing a game planned for late 2018 and many some extra Last of Us 2 teasers. Unless Sony has convinced Sega to make that Shenmue HD.....

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade -- MB-F65B618E01DF32D8 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

JaseC

The only thing I find disappointing about Wolfenstein is the season pass, because Bethesda season passes tend to be hit or miss on being crap value and then uncomfortably long lasting on no discount status regardless of crap status.

The game has no MP mode as per the Steam page, so, realistically, the only thing the DLC can be is an expansion. I think The Old Blood has earned Bethesda the benefit of the doubt in this case.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The game has no MP mode as per the Steam page, so, realistically, the only thing the DLC can be is an expansion. I think The Old Blood has earned Bethesda the benefit of the doubt in this case.

My expectation is Old Blood style arcade challenge modes and some semi-half-assed prequel/sidequel story levels.

That's precautionary pessimism though.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

NBA2k17 Twitch Prime bonus -- MB-CCEFF2801CAF9707 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
It's strange those Metro games were 75% off so many times but they never got bundled.

AHA-Lambda

Seems to work for Ubisoft, most of their games always seem to come out in 3 weeks of each other every Q4 =/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heh DBFZ relly is marvel. Assists, tags, 1 round and needs to knockout all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom