• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So there's no point over VPN'ing a steamkey, got it.

The imposed runtime restriction applies to gifts specifically. Keys are fine, unless the package you're activating is runtime-restricted.

Edit: Err, never mind, I misread "over" as "ever".

Pachimari

So I started up The Evil Within, and I noticed that the button configuration on my Xbox One Elite controller is super strange. LB is fine, but RB is not the right shoulder button but the pedal button on the back, and the B button isn't the B button but the right pedal button on the back. Where can I go to change this? In BPM only?

ArjanN

I'm not convinced at all yet they have anything more than a CG trailer for BG&E2

Also that didn't really match the tone of BG&E1.

Rabbids game looked solid, everything else at Ubi was pretty safe and predicable.

NEO0MJ

Just bought a new PC and need someone to make sure I understand copying right. So do I just use SteamTool to copy my files to a hard disk and then use it again to copy them to my new PC? It's that easy, right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just bought a new PC and need someone to make sure I understand copying right. So do I just use SteamTool to copy my files to a hard disk and then use it again to copy them to my new PC? It's that easy, right?

There's no need to use a program. Just move the SteamApps and userdata folders yourself.

prudislav

So this is basically a prequel Beyond Good and Evil with a huge connected online world where players create their own characters and live in the same world? So how much story will we even get? That's the interesting part. I think they are gonna expand on the universe and lore, but not so much on a set plot. Just my feelings.
nonononononononononono please dont be online-only GaaS nonsese :-( It will be long scary wait until they confirm or denuy offline solo

Also Ubi servers are baad mos of the time (at least the PC ones in europe)

Jawmuncher

I think currently this is the issue with early reveals with no real details. Since the other ancel quote almost subtracts from the earlier description.

“We’re creating a sci-fi space opera, a game where players fight for freedom alongside unforgettable characters and explore a stunning and vast solar system, all while capturing the spirit of Beyond Good and Evil.”

To me that sounds like an online Mass Effect 1 style game but with coop.

Pachimari

What am I supposed to do to get my Xbox controller to have the right button configuration? I can't remember if there is some kind of software for the Elite controller. I looked at Steam settings and I can just choose a Dual Shock 4 configuration or Xbox configuration but it doesn't solve anything.

[edit] Just found an Xbox Accessories app on the Windows store.

Vibranium

Banned
Randy Pitchford just confirmed on E3 stream that Brothers in Arms is in development but they are not ready to announce it XD

Oh nice, I missed this. Hopefully they unveil it next year. I'm expecting all existing squad members to be recast except for Troy Baker as Matt, but that's ok I guess (it's been nearly 10 years). Can't wait for tactical action during the Battle of the Bulge. Also, playable Corrion would be nice.

I hope the multiplayer is either good this time or not present at all.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Fuck fuck fucking motherfucker damn
- Beyond Good & Evil 2

That's not what I expected. Gorgeous trailer but I could have been a bit more excited if it wasn't called BG&E.
Still interested since it's Michel Ancel but yeah, it's quite the tonal shift. :(

Wok

I'm not convinced at all yet they have anything more than a CG trailer for BG&E2

Also that didn't really match the tone of BG&E1.

Rabbids game looked solid, everything else at Ubi was pretty safe and predicable.

Yeah, it almost felt like watching a better version of Guardians of the Galaxy. The visuals are great but there is just too much humor to belong to the same universe as BG&E (trailer).

K6ZXbzg.jpg

jediyoshi

Maybe Ubi will remember BGE HD isn't on PC yet. I had to look up an article on how to get it running on "modern" systems recently and that was written in 2012.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Maybe Ubi will remember BGE HD isn't on PC yet. I had to look up an article on how to get it running on "modern" systems recently and that was written in 2012.

The PC version also has a nasty gamebreaking bug near the end of the game involving a dissapearing keycard.

Jawmuncher

I thought the tone was fine for the reveal. The universe of BG&E was always the coolest part about the entire game, so unless this becomes a Destiny/Division style game. I'm in.

Also I think a factor into the language was to sell more copies. A big issue the original BG&E had was being looked at as "Too Kiddy" despite not being that at all. Hell it actually got pretty dark in places. With a cursing monkey from the get go, you drop that sort of bias in a sense.

Why give Tim Soret (the last night creator) the benefit of the doubt now after 3+ years? Dude believes feminism is about taking rights away from men and outright said the game originated as a projection of "feminism winning."

Even if you always want to give someone a second chance on mere principle, this guy has already used up the second, third, fourth and fifth chances.

Yeah, it almost felt like watching a better version of Guardians of the Galaxy. The visuals are great but there is just too much humor to belong to the same universe as BG&E (trailer).

That pig man looks really good.

Jawmuncher

An online/open-world game is probably the only way BG&E2 can exists in 2017, given Ubisoft recent track record.

Yeah I think the shift to prequel for now was because of that. Ubi agreed to give it a good budget, but Ancel had to fall within some guide lines. "Ok it needs to have coop and what not". The quotes make it sound like it'll have a story focus still.

Wok

I thought the tone was fine for the reveal. The universe of BG&E was always the coolest part about the entire game, so unless this becomes a Destiny/Division style game. I'm in.

Also I think a factor into the language was to sell more copies. A big issue the original BG&E had was being looked at as "Too Kiddy" despite not being that at all. Hell it actually got pretty dark in places. With a cursing monkey from the get go, you drop that sort of bias in a sense.

Ubi sure knows how to target a more mature audience: I don't remember there being boob physics in the original game. And now, we have very refined physics modelling showcased almost from the get-go: (NSFW?) GIF example (taken from the trailer). This plus all the swearing.

I need a better graphics card.

Why give Tim Soret (the last night creator) the benefit of the doubt now after 3+ years? Dude believes feminism is about taking rights away from men and outright said the game originated as a projection of "feminism winning."

Even if you always want to give someone a second chance on mere principle, this guy has already used up the second, third, fourth and fifth chances.

As I said, I'm not buying his game either way. However, I do believe you only get a second chance after time has passed so that you could have a chance to reflect upon your mistake, and that you apologize somehow. Now, it is up to him not to f**k up again.

Jawmuncher

Ubi sure knows how to target a more mature audience: I don't remember there being boob physics in the original game. And now, we have very refined physics modelling showcased almost from the get-go: (NSFW?) GIF example (taken from the trailer). This plus all the swearing.

I need a better graphics card.

I mean Ubi has been making a lot of money.
So they seem to know what they need to do.

Beyond Good and Evil was a good game but the crazy hype for a sequel I never understood, after 15 years I would have cancelled it and moved on, it's not a game I really need to have more of.

prudislav

this e3 was weird one so far .... ton of annnouncements that made m hearth pumping but almost instantly gutted it with some frightening details .... realyl conflicted so dar

Kifimbo

Beyond Good and Evil was a good game but the crazy hype for a sequel I never understood, after 15 years I would have cancelled it and moved on, it's not a game I really need to have more of.

It was a good game that was originally overlooked (because Ubisoft decided to launch the game in freaking November). So it became a cult game. Then Internet did its thing. 'Hardcore' fans were vocal and started asking for a sequel. The longer and longer delay only made the requests more intense.

I doubt Ubisoft expect the game to be a major success.

AHA-Lambda

Think of it kind of like the new Twin Peaks, fans who've been with it from the beginning have been literally waiting decades to have a resolution to the story. It's no wonder then that sentiments get inflated and fervent.

Why give him attention, I feel is the more pertinent question.

His game is shown at the biggest vg press event, it'll be available on STEAM, and his views are intertwined within the game's creation going by his words, it's been brought up in this thread already, and I genuinely want to know why anyone gives someone like that the benefit of the doubt after everything that's come to light and the empty apology.

Like, there's a point where ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away, and this is definitely at the point where it can't just be straight up ignored—not that that ever does any good, anyway

What's even the point, then.

Ladekabel

Think of it kind of like the new Twin Peaks, fans who've been with it from the beginning have been literally waiting decades to have a resolution to the story. It's no wonder then that sentiments get inflated and fervent.

The sad thing about Beyond Good & Evil 2 is that it isn't even a resolution to the story from what we know so far. I'm excited for the universe again though. That monkey dude is rad.

Good on Ubisoft, and actually I love it, for dropping all the bullshots. That Far Cry 5 footage looks fully believable. Even if the end result has some settings turned down, a future PC should be able to turn them back up.

I wish games really had all the hand all the hand animations that Metro used, but it just isn't going to be like that.

AHA-Lambda

The sad thing about Beyond Good & Evil 2 is that it isn't even a resolution to the story from what we know so far. I'm excited for the universe again though. That monkey dude is rad.

Yeah that is certainly disappointing :(

I'm sure it'll be great, but I can't admit IO'm happy that they'd do a prequel after all this time.

Man I'm feeling conflicted about BG&E2. That CGI trailer looked amazing made me interested in an Ubisoft's game since a long time, but I was expecting something more like the first game.

Vibranium

Banned
It's bizarre how Far Cry 5 has no Steam achievements as is tradition and then Assassin's Creed Origins does. Ubisoft really should just have one person handle enabling all the Steam features for all titles.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant play mmos for the leveling experience anymore knowing that I wont do / get anything out of the end game. From PoE (not a mmo but close enough) to Grim Dawn to Tera to Black Desert to finally Guild Wars 2 today, nothing grabs me.

"But Rhaknar, youre stupid because the end game is the whole point"

I know man, but there used to be a time where just the leveling experience, getting new skills and shit was enough for me. Kinda like a half assed single player rpg.

But not any more I guess :/

edit: Guild Wars 2 is still pretty good btw, that really should have come out on Steam. I mean, not that they needed it apparently, but...you know...for our sake.

Anno

Leveling in GW2 was easily the best part. Image almost 1500 hours in the game and probably 1000 of them are leveling various characters. Not really for new skills as much as exploring the beautiful areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom