• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
kwIctzIg.png

They should have just reused her SFV model honestly.

zkylon

zkylewd
idk what people would find exciting about a shadow of the colossus remake? like the big issue with that game was framerate and they fixed that in the remaster so why bother...

it's not like a ff7 case in which the translation was really rough and the graphics look super dated and the message of the game actually holds a lot of meaning nowadays and would be nice to retell for new player generations, shadow of the colossus is just fine as it is. like what's the point?

the booklet in the ps4 version of undertale makes me want to buy it even if i don't have a ps4 tho

product_overhead_photo4_1024x1024.jpg

Well I don't really want more combat either but I know it's gonna be there and they're gonna make me fight stuff so might as well make it good

What I would want is actually building on the idea of being an assassin in cool historical times but instead they decided to double down on shitty stories and open world bloat so whatever

The first one is still my favorite because I feel it's the closest one to that with its structure of doing tasks to learn about your target and then going after them even if it's pretty rough

yeah i get what you're saying and i kind of want to see the version of the ass creed series where ass 1 is the formula they follow instead of 2, but i actually like 2 so much i'd rather see a really good game in that vein

not feeling this combat tho. dark souls combat is not a thing you can just put into everything and it'll work. actually the same happened with the batman combat, it's so great in the batman games but then you just copy paste it into everything and it's just not the same thing. the batman combat worked in the batman games becaues well fuck you're batman but in ass creed or the witcher or remember me or whatever it just felt kind of ridiculous

congrats to Zkylon for prophesing about a Devolver Digital and Suda joint lmao

i did?

I really don't know much about Hatred and its controversy, but from what I've heard, it doesn't strike me as much more different than going around in GTA or Just Cause causing chaos for the sake of it, so I can see the appeal.
i think the difference with gta and just cause and saints row or whatever is that those games are generally humorous and goofy (you know, whenever the oscar worthy drama is not on screen), which frames things in a more light hearted way. those games are also good games which helps a lot

hatred is like being very purposely tone deaf in a way that's pretty offensive because there's no redeeming qualities to it. hatred's not a parody or commentary or even a fun game, it's just a very graphic portrayal of unpleasant shit for the sake of making money and nothing else

Wait, was Hatred a success?
about 150k owners. they def made a nice profit out of glorifying horrific shit in what i hear is a really terrible game

By the way, I was pretty offended by this gif. I know it is about slaughtering nazis, and violence is fine in the USA, but I still found it very distasteful.
yeah, i know like nazis are a very 'now' thing but i'm still grossed out by people cheering for violence like that
MONSTER HUNTER WORLD COMING TO PC

We did it! ��
nice

Dragon Ball FighterZ, Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, The Evil Within 2, XCom 2: War of the Chosen, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and Monster Hunter Worlds this was a good E3 for me 😸

Vibranium

Banned
RE2make and DMC5 at Tokyo Game Show or PSX 2017. Believe.

I just wanna hear the Raccoon City Police Department main hall theme play before the trailer rolls and I'll go nuts.

Anno

A kinda lame year for E3 presentations. Wolfenstein and Dishonored remain the two things I'm most looking forward to. Lots of good stuff in today's PC conference though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no DMC, no Bloodborne. Spidey looks bananas, and new MonHun, including for PC, is neat.

Madventure

Going anywhere near the Monster Hunter stuff posts is like walking past people finding out
Santa
isn't real and screeching in disbelief. I hope it goes on steam for PC, always liked MH

Freezard

Overall a disappointing E3 this year. Sony the only ones impressing really, Ubi were okay, Microsoft passable. I refuse to believe Nintendo will be great too other than Mario Odyssey. The PC game show was a joke as usual (KF2 seasonal content was cool though, although it was a copy-pasta from KF1 summer event). Oh yeah, Age of Empires HD was a pleasant surprise but really... it's time for a new entry in the series.

Jawmuncher

Monster Hunter World did nothing for me. Capcom aint gonna sell much of that game outside MH die hards. OG classic fans are mad, and mainstream just went meh. Then the whole PC launch later is dumb.

Anno

SteamGAFfers of true taste will be playing Original Sin 2 over that time period anyway. Bungie just tryin' stay out of the way of the real 2017 GOTY.

yuraya

Sony's conference was very meh. Just like MS its a 4 out of 10 at best. Both played it pretty safe this year.

SpiderMan looked good but that suit he is wearing is no good.

Also no From Software or Kojima makes this one of the worst E3's ever. There is still a chance From shows up @ Nintendo tomorrow tho but its unlikely.

Grief.exe

Monster Hunter World did nothing for me. Capcom aint gonna sell much of that game outside MH die hards. OG classic fans are mad, and mainstream just went meh. Then the whole PC launch later is dumb.

That game is probably going to go bannas on PC. Hardcore, loot based, Japanese RPG.

Gotta think beyond your own personal opinion.

console wise the Destiny 2 Beta info is what was expected...Beta for the first game was in July with a September release so same situation

PC wise I expected a worse release date so October 24th isn't too terrible and there was no chance whatsoever the PC Beta was going to be happening at the same time as the consoles so it being in August is again, not that terrible

Jawmuncher

That game is probably going to go bannas on PC. Hardcore, loot based, Japanese RPG.

Gotta think beyond your own personal opinion.

Nah.
Capcom themselves are only expecting 2 million.
The amount that the Nintendo MHs sell by themselves.

Also they're not really RPGs.

Dragon Ball FighterZ, Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, The Evil Within 2, XCom 2: War of the Chosen, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and Monster Hunter Worlds this was a good E3 for me 😸
You forgot Monster Hunter Generations X for the West tomorrow at Nintendo (I'm begging here, Capcom Pls)

And I'm hoping that tomorrow's Nintendo event is lit. But I'd say Bethesda sold e3 all by themselves.

I'm not so sure about Monster Hunter World, it looked kind of rough in the trailer. We'll see.

I could see the game taking off, if it's good, or at least exceeding expectations. The MH gameplay loop is a lot of fun if you're willing to give it a chance. The PC crowd usually will try some learning-curve-required games.

Lain

I cant play mmos for the leveling experience anymore knowing that I wont do / get anything out of the end game. From PoE (not a mmo but close enough) to Grim Dawn to Tera to Black Desert to finally Guild Wars 2 today, nothing grabs me.

"But Rhaknar, youre stupid because the end game is the whole point"

I know man, but there used to be a time where just the leveling experience, getting new skills and shit was enough for me. Kinda like a half assed single player rpg.

But not any more I guess :/

edit: Guild Wars 2 is still pretty good btw, that really should have come out on Steam. I mean, not that they needed it apparently, but...you know...for our sake.

I want an MMO in which the leveling is the whole point because leveling takes tons of time, so you don't need to be level 100 to kick ass, just going from level 5 to level 6 would make you a badass because getting there took effort, plus not only raising up a level improving your character but getting meaningful improvements while gaining that exp too, so dinging level 6 boosts you a lot but as you gain the exp while you're level 5 your stats improve because of those fucking fights you're doing and monster slaying mattering and professions and whatever else mattering too. Also raids and shit not being a end game thing but something available from the start that you can take part in in various roles based on your level, abilities and shit.

This game will never exist but I'd love to play it.

Lain

Devolver had the best conference, though I enjoyed the Sony one too, games looked cool, though I don't have a PS4 so it doesn't really matter.

Did the PC Game show sale go live? Looking at Steam's frontpage I don't see anything advertising one.

Grief.exe

MH isn't really an RPG.

It is, but your stat improvement is hidden behind gear you take from the monsters you defeat rather than through direct experience given through enemies. It's the same thing, the difference is arbitrary.

I'm not so sure about Monster Hunter World, it looked kind of rough in the trailer. We'll see.

I could see the game taking off, if it's good, or at least exceeding expectations. The MH gameplay loop is a lot of fun if you're willing to give it a chance. The PC crowd usually will try some learning-curve-required games.

That's the most polished Monster Hunter has ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom